Superb Mk2 Bluetooth Module Upgrade

It ought to be tethering, yes. However your car is of course the phone sharing its connection and EE might not have come across too many 15ft handsets. Therefore they may not recognise the signature of a phone that is allowing tethering?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent thanks, that sounds like I might be in luck. I`ll try it for a while and see if I get my backside kicked by a Tmobile boot.

As for the text messages I haven`t tried yet to see if my text messages are read out as I get them. It might just be the same option that was already available in the Columbus which only reads them aloud after they have been sent and read at a later date. Hope that makes sense

A quick update on my situation. I decided to change my 3C8 035 730A for a 5NO 035 730D so I could change between handsfree and rSAP "on the fly" or as I`m driving.

Can someone explain what "changing on the fly" means and what advantages does being able to run in RSAP mode have over handsfree? I take it that if you have an iPhone then RSAP isn't an  option anyway?

Running the phone in rSap means the car effectively becomes the phone, taking control of the sim. Better reception is the main advantage but also reading out texts and using the internet etc. are possible.

However iPhones don't allow this as you say, so you would need the HFP option, which doesn't allow much more than making calls. But then that is probably sufficient.

Go for D or E at least. I have retrofitted D I have HFP, rSap, a2dp, Voice control but I think it is mono and no id3 tag and No next prev buttons active, No browsing possible from headunit

OK back to basics as I am a bit confused  :giggle:

I have a MY11 Superb Estate which works fine on an iPhone (calls only)

I do not use it for streaming music as it is all on an SD card in the Columbus, but what I would like is text message notification - be that by an audible tone when they come in or better still read out to me etc... I assume this is not possible with an iPhone even if I upgraded the controller?

That's my understanding although I would be interested if there is any way it can be done with the HFP protocol (which is what your iPhone uses).

If your module has RSap too, you may be able to do something to the phone (root?) to make it work with RSap to give you this function. I know nothing about iPhones so perhaps others can advise on this.

Can someone explain what "changing on the fly" means and what advantages does being able to run in RSAP mode have over handsfree? I take it that if you have an iPhone then RSAP isn't an option anyway?

That is my "made up" way of trying to explain my needs. I have a couple of apps on my phone that need internet access, namely Tunein and Cameralert. Whilst the phone is in RSAP mode obviously this can't be done because the car takes over the phone. According to the manual there is a way to get internet access but I have never been able to work it out and Skoda dealers have no idea what I'm talking about. An app called BlueVPN is another option but this isn't compatible with Tunein. Handsfree mode doesn't take over the phone and so leaves you to connect to the internet to receive emails, use apps etc on the phone. So it would be helpful to me to be able to switch between the two modes as I'm driving or to use my terminology, probably wrongly, "on the fly"

I know I could keep the car in handsfree mode but I do prefer RSAP because of its better signal and I can see my texts on the maxidot. I'm not sure but I'm sure last time I set up my phone in handsfree mode the next time I drove the car it switched itself to RSAP mode.

I'm afraid I know nothing about iphones

Dave

A quick update on my situation. I decided to change my 3C8 035 730A for a 5NO 035 730D so I could change between handsfree and rSAP "on the fly" or as I`m driving.

It`s this one  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181242122759?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649. As you can see I made him an offer of 180€ and he accepted.

It arrived after 5 days, fitted in 10 minutes and its working perfectly, no vcds needed. It even has wifi which I managed to get working although not sure if that is working by being tethered to my phone, which unfortunately my contract won`t allow, so I don`t understand how thats working but it did. I could listen to my Tunein app whilst being connected to the car in rSAP or Premium mode.

There seems to be a few extra options in the maxidot aside from the wifi but not had a chance to explore them yet

And if thats not enough I can now switch on the fly between handsfree and rSAP, I`m a very happy bunny.

I`ll give it a week or so and sell on my 3C8 035 730A if anybody wants one.

Ashfan,

I've just purchased and installed the 3C8 035 730A and all works OK but I can't get music to play in stereo. Music only comes out of the right speakers.. I thought I read somewhere on here that there was a fix for this but I can't seem to find it now. Anyhow, did yours work in stereo?

Ashfan,

I've just purchased and installed the 3C8 035 730A and all works OK but I can't get music to play in stereo. Music only comes out of the right speakers.. I thought I read somewhere on here that there was a fix for this but I can't seem to find it now. Anyhow, did yours work in stereo?

Here's your problem;

need to add 2 wires from the BT module (pin 4 & 5) to the back of HU (pin 5 & 11) so that it doesn't remain mono. 

Thread 1

Thread 2

There are spade connectors yes and they can be bought already attached to wires, available from the dealer, and known as repair wires. Alternatively, you could use some unconnected wires from your MDI loom related to the aux OUTPUT (assuming they are not used) and lengthen them by soldering wire into the middle of them.

Block 3 is the relevant block in the quadlock connector for the latter. I had no connections to any of the wires in this block on my car, on inspection of the car loom and the back of my Columbus.

There are spade connectors yes and they can be bought already attached to wires, available from the dealer, and known as repair wires. Alternatively, you could use some unconnected wires from your MDI loom related to the aux OUTPUT (assuming they are not used) and lengthen them by soldering wire into the middle of them.

Block 3 is the relevant block in the quadlock connector for the latter. I had no connections to any of the wires in this block on my car, on inspection of the car loom and the back of my Columbus.

OK - I'll see if I can source the repair wires.

Just be aware there are different types of connectors. I think you need wires with the part number 000 979 009 for the pins involved.

Looking through the threads it looks like I need part number 000 979 010 as well?

Possibly. I haven't read the threads or needed to do this mod as my bluetooth loom has these wires. In fact I am not sure of the difference between the two, they are definitely the same diameter of wire.

Hi,

I bought a 2009 Suberb Elegance last year and had to change the bluetooth module to get my Sony Xperia Arc running Android 2.1 to work.  I picked up a 3C8 035 730 A from eBay and replaced the standard 5NO 035 730 B.

I've now upgraded my phone to a Sony Xperia SP running Android 4.1 and the car and phone won't recognise each other to allow pairing.  The two phones will recognise each other and my new phone will pair with my wife's car so the bluetooth functionality on the phone appears to work OK.  I've also swapped back to the old module without success.

To remove the old pairings and see if it resolved the issue I did a reset to factory settings and it now won't even recognise the old phone.

Any suggestions?

I'm trying both ways, i.e. 1) Have the phone visible before switching on the car, and 2) have the car switched on and then get the phone to search.  Neither option identifies a device to pair with.

As identified above, replacing the car with my previous phone works either way.

Because the old module is also not working I suspect when you are trying to pair from car's maxidot it is asking for confirmation from the phone which is not forthcoming. I'm also pretty sure that for these modules they need to connect that way around.

So I would be looking first at the phone. Perhaps you have suppressed a message by ticking a box that says do not show xxx again for example? I think you get around that with Android by clearing phone preferences in settings.

My 5n0 b unit asked for entry of a 16 digit code on the phone and then I think I recall I had to do something else to confirm on the phone the first time I paired. Perhaps its messages relating to these confirmations that are suppressed?

It doesn't quite explain why the phones connect to each other but perhaps that doesn't require the same amount of confirmation?

Hope this helps

Adam

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone help.  Have a Samsung Galaxy Fame which pairs OK with my Superb Elegance (2009) but not automatically as did my old Nokia.  I understand this is because the android operating system 'ignores' the 'handshake' from the car module.

If I set the phone to 'scan' then immediately turn the ignition on it finds the phone & asks if it is OK to download contacts ( I have not ticked the box which says ignore this in future).  It works fine, but it appears if the signal is lost it disconnects & will not automatically reconnect without going through the manual routine.

I tried one of the apps on play Google for automatic connection but the one I used did not support rSAP.

Anyone any ideas?

I don`t have an answer but my Galaxy S3 connects perfectly every time. I haven`t heard of the Android operating system ignoring the "handshake" before. Like I said mine connects every time. This was with my old 3C8 035 730A module and now with my new 3C8 035 730D.

Is there not a setting on the phone that lets you connect automatically if you allow it to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi 

I have a 2009 Skoda Superb and i want to upgrade the bluetooth module to be able to pair with my iphone the part i have in is 5N0 035 730 B, what part do i need to change this for and is it as easy as taking the one i have out and just plugging the new on in

Thanks for your help   

3c8 035 730 with an a/b/c/d suffix (avoid ones without a suffix) or 5k0 035 730 d or above or 7p6 035 730 j or above.

All with work with iphones, and if you have maxidot, the first will also allow premium functionality with certain phones such as Samsungs.  The others will pair without maxidot from the Bolero or Columbus head unit (assuming you have one of these?).

All can now be had on ebay for £100 or less these days and are a straight swap.