CAVE & CTHE 1.4TSI, Just reply please if you have had an engine replaced.

Rooted

Will it be Caroline ?,

Promoted this week after dealing so well with a few customers, none the wiser, but scored high in the points because so little Warranty Claims are agreed.. 

Helped nobody really, and not a Clue.

Which seems the Only qualification required at Skoda UK HQ to deal with Warranty Issues.

Treat them like Mushrooms,

keep in the dark and feed them with sharn.

That is both Skoda Staff and Customers.  'Least they know the better'.

• Like 1

Get the test done then if it passes but boarderline then have it out with Skoda UK. You need accurate results with the dealer supplying you with all test results paperwork.

Get Jane to get that agreed with dealer.

Tests results available to you and tested to the Skoda /VAG process.

Edited by vrskeith

If it passes the test I'll have to pay there labour charges which iv heard is between £500-800. In the last 950miles it seems to have drank 800-850ml. Which looks like it's within there tolerance of 0.5L in 620M....

If it passes the test I'll have to pay there labour charges which iv heard is between £500-800. In the last 950miles it seems to have drank 800-850ml. Which looks like it's within there tolerance of 0.5L in 620M....

Then It's  your judgement call. Only you can determine if it at a level where you have a case to challenge Skoda UK and dealer.

Skoda UK whether it passed or failed. My car as borderline, as you are saying yours is. I personally challenged Skoda as far as I could to get them to sanction test at their expense, as they knew that the CAVE has a 10-20% probability of failure .

Their manual is a general guideline and not hard facts.

Many have had cost covered.

The only issue appears to be that Skoda UK put pressure on the dealer /service agent to carry the cost - which many are unwilling and have bulked at ,unless pressured by Skoda UK to accept.

Edited by vrskeith

Get a quote from the dealer then and negotiate with Skoda Uk if they won't fully fund your claim.

But go for 100% cost covered.

I'm sure there are a few members on here that would sight their case No's, for you to get support for a  cost covered claim satisfied.

There is one here.

Who claimed that labour charges are going to cost that.?

Another member today was told £120 if the car was shown not to use too much oil after the test was done.

His car is in to get a Replacement DSG.

There are members that were Invoiced for £140 odd & did not pay, or one that did & was Refunded, because the test was wrongly done,

& the Engine was replaced after all.

• Like 1

Should I still hassle head office to get the original test results? And I'm a bit worried as the car is out of warranty now.. I'm tempted to extend it for 2 yrs after all the stories iv heard regarding the DSG's

Yes, continue to request your test results, there is no reason for them not providing them to you, if they are open and honest and I would expect Skoda UK to be so. 

The 2 year extended warranty sounds like a good move ,if you are planning to keep the car for that period.

Warranties may vary ,Skoda or Third party ,however there are a few members who know more than me about this subject. Hopefully they will contribute here and let you know what is best for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Rejected my VRS for a second time. This one with the CTHE engine used more oil in the consumption test than the CAVE engine. 470 miles on test to have oil warning light on. Apparently used 0.63 of a litre more than it should have. Have now stated will not accept a replacement VRS as had 2 cars and effectively 4 engines so need to choose something else. This has been for around 16/17 months in all. Might just give in and have an ordinary Fabia with a boring engine as had enough of the hassle.

• Like 1

Rejected my VRS for a second time. This one with the CTHE engine used more oil in the consumption test than the CAVE engine. 470 miles on test to have oil warning light on. Apparently used 0.63 of a litre more than it should have. Have now stated will not accept a replacement VRS as had 2 cars and effectively 4 engines so need to choose something else. This has been for around 16/17 months in all. Might just give in and have an ordinary Fabia with a boring engine as had enough of the hassle.

That's a Monte/Black Edition then - looks similar but with no guts unfortunately.

Why don't you wait and see what the mk3 Fabia will have to offer.

Or just get your money back and view the market.

• 3 weeks later...

What have you done to affect this change then?

Did you take out the extended warranty?

So what is your average consumption over time?

You would think Skoda would want this put to bed before the launch of the New Fabia.

Clear up the issues that have been going on for 4 years now with an outgoing model.  

It is going to be dogging Skoda & their Customer Service for years to come.

It is amazing that from only around 1,800 1.4 TSI CAVE sold in the UK 2010 to  late 2012 that cars are still coming up with issues,

yet so many have already had Breather Pipe & Valve Modifications and so many had replacement engines.

Time really that Skoda UK contacts Registered Keepers like they are going now with the DSG Service Campaign, and ask them if the want to Contact a Dealership 

to have the Spark Plugs Checked where owners are waiting to the Service Schedule of 40,000 miles, but might still be mo place near that mileage,

and they could check that a latest ECU Update has been done, and the Owners could let Skoda know of any Concerns.

Obviously those with the Majority of cars which have no High Oil Usage, and have had a ECU update done will not need to make a call in.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

Edited by goneoffSKi

New engine in Feb 13

Car traded for the DS3 in July 13

Any problems with your vRS betwen Fed 13 and July 13 .Any new engine or DSG issues or did your rquirements change ,hence PX for the DS3.

What depreciation did you suffer In PX relative to the vRS purchase price . Did you escape at the right time, in your view.

How does the DS3 compare with the vRS in fun , performance and day to day running?

ChrisR,

So does that mean the DS3 has been trouble free ,with no warranty issues then

What mileage has it covered with your wife now.

How does the depreciation level compare?

What mileage did your vRS start to show signs of high oil consumption and at what mileage did the engine get changed.(assume it was a CAVE) 

On what you may have seen and read so far,would you consider buying a Fabia mk3 tdi 150 bhp, or a higher powered petrol version should they become available? 

Edited by vrskeith

ChrisR,

So does that mean the DS3 has been trouble free ,with no warranty issues then..Yes

What mileage has it covered with your wife now. 7000 miles

How does the depreciation level compare? Better I believe

What mileage did your vRS start to show signs of high oil consumption and at what mileage did the engine get changed.(assume it was a CAVE) 1000 miles

On what you may have seen and read so far,would you consider buying a Fabia mk3 tdi 150 bhp, or a higher powered petrol version should they become available? No...Don't like the look of it..VAG box

Above

• Like 1