Sat Nav firmware/maps versions

sez

@Individual

Looking at your part number I suspect you have a 40GB HDD anyway so it shouldn't be an issue.

I have read it keeps cycling and fails to complete and then you are left with a corrupted map on the HDD partition which needs to be reloaded.  An answer would then be to install a firmware with the altered partitions so that there is enough room, and to reload the map on that.

Adam

Now its starting to go far beyond my computerskills...

What firmware should I download then?

I miss some direct dowloadlinks to spesific firmware and maps that works.

Go to www.rnsfirmware.com and then look at the 4120 in the partitions 60 35 5. But I really doubt you will need it as updated maps will probably load without issue.

Map downloads are I am afraid counterfeit so you are on your own there. Its hard to blame anyone for doing it though given the crazy prices dealers charge for map updates. You might get lucky with your dealer so worth a try, but don't hold your breath, mine wanted north of £280!! I ended up getting it much cheaper as part of a head unit repair.

I'm on map version 7690 (v8), which was supplied with the car, and I hope the dealer will update to v10 when it has its first service in August.  I was disappointed last year that it doesn't show some motorways in Poland that we were driving on that we'd been on in our previous Superb in 2012 before our current car was built!  We'll be on them again later this year and I hope they'll install them for a sensible price.

I bought the DVD for Eastern Europe v10 last month on eBay for £20, as I only had v5 before.  I've looked at the maps and they are far more comprehensive in towns and cities and it includes Belarus, which wasn't on v5.  The Western Europe maps go a long way east (as far as Poland, for instance), but you need the Eastern Europe DVD if you're going further.

At least one non-official dealer in our location installs V11 maps, insisting it is not beta (which I doubt - since there were something like Nov-2014 somewhere on a bad quality CD cover picture). The price for installation is equivalent of $45.

This is most likely illegal, I believe. But my point is: V11 is close. And another point: as to official dealers, - there is very little help from them as to up-to-date maps and firmwares, even for money they charge.

Individual,

You probably need to reactivate POIs or reenable menu option to display speed limit - not sure which functionality enables it. I have V10 installed + POI, and speed limit sign is present (not on some smaller routes though).

Edited by ste2000

The menu option to show the speedlimit signs is not present.

It has disappeard...

The speedcameras in POI is activated and is showing on the map

Edited by Individual

Problem solved!

In VCDS, adress: 37-NAV, byte-8

Unhook the box for

"Traffic Sign Recognition active"

Then the menu option will be activated on the Columbus under SETUP-MAP

I guess the "Traffic Sign Recognition active" is for the new Octavia with the speedlimit signs in the Maxi-Dot display...?

• Like 1

At least one non-official dealer in our location installs V11 maps, insisting it is not beta (which I doubt - since there were something like Nov-2014 somewhere on a bad quality CD cover picture). The price for installation is equivalent of $45.

This is most likely illegal, I believe. But my point is: V11 is close. And another point: as to official dealers, - there is very little help from them as to up-to-date maps and firmwares, even for money they charge.

V11 update:

(rumored): whatever is proposed by that dealer as "original V11" is CD_8129 and 8117 -  map versions which are now being installed on new HU (RNS-510). Those will not be released separately. The release V11 has the following figures:

West Europe v11 CD_8328 Nov 2014 1T0 051 859 AF  2014Q1
East Europe v11  CD_8329 Nov 2014 1T0 051 859 AG 2014Q1,

so it's still a long way...
Edited by ste2000

• 2 weeks later...

I see V 11 8328 is available over here too but for 170euro.

He has also dropped the price of V10 considerably.

Edited by Hoverurb

FYI: on this public site one can find links to download V11 CD_8117 West Europe maps:

I apologise in case this is against the forum rules, and again - since I did not try it myself because I use East Europe maps.

Edited by mannyo
link to illegal download removed.
  • Like 1

Should I be OK updating to v11 with theese numbers ?

Delivery Part number - 3t0035680c
Hardware version - H60
Software Version - 3984
Active map coverage - west europe
Active map supplier   - Navteq
Map version HDD - 7551

The HD is 30GB

• 5 months later...

A bit of a late update to my original post. The dealer didn't update the sat nav to v9 maps when I purchased the car in October 2013, despite me asking for this to be done, before completing the purchase. They then kindly offered to update it for me for just £195. I complained to Skoda UK. It was agreed in would be updated with v10 when this was available. Had to chase a few times as there seemed to be a long delay with the dealers actually getting this update. Dealer I purchased car from, arranged with my local dealer to do update for me. Cost would be £25 which dealer I purchased car from would subsequently refund to me. When my local dealer finally got v10 maps in, in August, they kindly updated it for me for free. I am happy that I had a positive result.

There are lots of websites where you can download maps for free.

And whoever is calling it piracy:

Tomtom with free liftime updates for maps costs 130 €

Columbus costs 1300 € + dealer is charging 300 € annualy for map updates (600 € if you want the whole Europe as Tomtom has).

Who is the pirate here?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have asked my dealer "Sandicliffe in Leicester"(formerly FARMERS) and they are worse than useless. Service guy hasn,t got a clue about map and firmware at all and just wants to talk abount killing Pheasants, pidgeons, rabbits and anything he can shoot and eat using a lamp at night!

I have Superb elegance estate CR170 DSR which I took delivery of at the end of March 2014 and have now done 7200 excellent miles. The following is the screen display, I know its a well asked question but can anyone decipher it for me please so I can try and upgrade maps and firmware(if required) on the Columbus unit. Can these be upgraded from an SD card or only on disk. I have tried the SKODA upgrade site where it asks you to put in your VIN number but it does not recognise mine.

Previous post is right, a rip off charging such a large amount for map upgrades. The saleman told me I would get 3 years free upgrades but now denies he ever said it.

I am sorry this is so long but can anybody recommend where I can get the software required.

Part No: 3TOO35686C

HW Version: 5238

Active Map: W Europe

Map Supplier: NAVTEQ

Map Version: 7918

Many Thanks

Dave

Edited by davehwt