Tyre sealant

shrops_paul

Hello.

Car is in for a service today and they have called to say the tyre sealant expires this month and are suggesting a replacement. Has anyone else had to replace theirs yet? Did you buy elsewhere? It seems expensive to be at £40 where I could by some from halfords for much less or online.

I asume its not special and still knackers the tyre meaning it has to be replaced or is the skoda/VW stuff special so the tyre can be repaired still?

Sadly I need new disks & pads as well. Its going to be an expensive day. Time to reach for the plastic!

Mine has a 5 year use by date.

It doesn't knacker the tyre as it can washed out with warm water but messy, However the type and position of the puncture and if the tyre has been driven while flat will determine if it can be repaired. 

Mine has a 5 year use by date.

It doesn't knacker the tyre as it can washed out with warm water but messy, However the type and position of the puncture and if the tyre has been driven while flat will determine if it can be repaired.

Try finding anywhere that'll wash it out in the UK....