Goodyear Efficientgrip Tyres for a Seperb Elegance.

Help please.....

Any thoughts re these Goddyear Efficientgrips?

I need 225-40-18's & they seem to be available for app. £116 each, with quite impressively low noise levels & good wet weather grip.

TIA for any info, DC.

I haven't used them on a Superb, but I got through two sets on my previous Mondeo and was very happy with them. They are a quiet tyre with decent grip and I got good mileage out of them, but I do with any tyre. . Obviously they are not a performance tyre, but an all rounder.   They are not quite as soft as Conti's. They won the 2012 Auto express summer tyre test.  When my Conti's are shot on my Superb I will be returning to the Gpoodyear Efficient Grip

Edited by Pesmog

Hi David,

Have just had a pair of these in 195/55 R15 V85 fitted to the back of my 1.9tdi PD Roomster, as the unknown-make pair that were on when I bought the car in September were VERY noisy AND draggy, sounded like a failing wheel bearing.  (Gordon's Tyres £97 each, fitted, new valves, balanced, proper disposal of old carcases).

I researched online, and these seemed good on noise and low-rolling resistance, and indeed they are MUCH quieter, so now I'll be glad when I can swap the V-pattern-treaded fronts for two more Goodyear.

Mind you, we've not had the first snow or ice yet, have to see how they feel on that; and I've a (steepens at the top) hill to access the main road, and it rarely gets gritted, and I've asked the Council for a grit-box...

Would be nice to afford a set of steelies with winter tyres, but I coped last winter in the remapped 1.4tdi Fabia Mk1 on ordinary summer tyres!  Famous last words!

Richard

Note I have a Mk1 superb, didn't notice this was the MkII forum.

I have had the efficency grip on the car for a while now and excellant. Do not wear quickly either. I also have them on my MX5 Mk1 which they have proved very good with too.

You may want ot consider the goodyear 4 seasons though, available from mytyre, which I replaced two of efficeny grips with (still waiting the other two to wear out)..

Many thanks for all for the very useful comments.

I'm down to 3.5 mm on the fronts, ( OE fit Conti Sport contact 2's) & 4.5 mm on the back. so I'll be looking for a new pair soon, probably after the winter 'cos I'll probably use my old Mondeo if the weather gets really bad.

(I's older, manual box & has a heated screen, as was common on Fords abck then so it's probably a better car on snow & ice!)

Thanks again, DC. 

They only seem to be available in a 91v.   Do Skoda specify a 94v for your car as mine has had 91v on from new ?  

94V Sport Contact2's on mine from new -  and 94V is what comes up on registration number based tyre selectors.

Goodyear Efficient Grip ......just a pity that they don't seem to do it in a 205/55 R16 94V - as required by Superb II on 16" wheels

Ive got 16" wheels on my Greenline and that was fitted with 91 load index tyres from new. According to Skoda website they still come with 91 tyres and I put my registration number into 2 tyre supplier websites and they came back as 91's too.

So, maybe not all 16" wheels.

Weird! On the Skoda configurator, it lists the wheels as 94v, and the tires (sic) as 91H - That's for the F/L, (both 'S' and Greenline) but wouldn't have thought original Superb II would have been different.

But all I know is when I put my reg into the configurator on Blackcircles and MyTyres, it comes up as 94V

Goodyear Efficient Grip ......just a pity that they don't seem to do it in a 205/55 R16 94V - as required by Superb II on 16" wheels

one pair are 91v and other 91w

Very good tires, mine were half used with 30k on them

• 4 months later...

I need 2 new fronts for my 170 DSG estate.

I've just found some Goodyear Efficient Grips on BlackCircles but they are coming up with 225/40 R18 W92 even though I specified Y.

Are W's ok or do I need Ys for insurance purposes ?

Ta

Edited by Arsey

And the Goodyear Efficient Grips are £374 for 4  at Camskill at the moment !

Seems a good deal !

Chris

Very good price especially if fitted.

And the Goodyear Efficient Grips are £374 for 4  at Camskill at the moment !

Seems a good deal !

Chris

Thanks but just ordered 4 from BlackCircles for £368

Wow - I looked there first but they were £10 more per tire  -  WELL DONE !

AND - that will be fitted - won't it ?

Chris

Edited by Skoda4x4man

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped from 16" winters with Goodyears a couple of weeks ago. Had to replace 2 worn Contis with Goodyear F1's and pleased, Running Firestone on rear.

Winters gave best fuel consumption, and quiet.

New Goodyears pretty quiet and fuel consumption has worsened, but better than Contis. Will fit Goodyears on rear when Firestones wear out.