Octy 2 vrs Spoiler blistering!

interestingly I invited chipsaway to look and quote for repairing said blistering. told me they cant do it as the spoiler should be treated with a special plastic primer before painting. otherwise you get blistering as the plastic reacts with the primer and paint....

so a bit like what we seem to have..?

Quick update on this, I had a call from a lady from Skoda asking why my car had not been booked in to be assessed by an authorised dealer?? primarily this was because I hadn't been asked but we will gloss over that bit and move on..

She then proceeded to tell me I would need to book it in at my own cost to have a Skoda tech take photos and file a report about the damage as they apparently have (special techniques) to tell if the car has been cleaned with incorrect chemicals etc.. and not been looked after properly!!

So the argument ensued about why I should have to pay to have my car assessed when I can take photos and send them myself... no need to fill out a report, the lacquer is blistering that's pretty obvious!!!

So the conversation went on and she said that they weren't aware of this issue etc etc, so I pointed her to this thread and she said that if people had issues why hadn't they raised the issue with them..

So may I ask that those of you having this issue (whether previously successful or not) to Email Skoda UK and raise the issue with them. Perhaps if they start receiving a few more of these they will look more favourably at the fact the finish on the Octavia is not up to standard and as such putting people off owning another one of the brand!!

Here is the Link I used to start this all off, so please dont hold back!! I know Silver1011 has mentioned people have complained before, but let us do it all together and give the helpful customer service people at Skoda something to keep them employed over the Xmas period!!

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

I fired an email off last night, at 9.10am this morning I got a call. They've opened a case up and I'll expect a follow up in around 72 hours.

I have to send details of my service history, not that I have much and previous Skodas owned by me.

I do have one or two mods so it's quite far removed from stock and I'm not holding out much hope but we'll see what happens.

Oh dont get me started on the argument I had with the woman about service history and its relation to the paint finish!!! I can understand in one way seeing that you obviously take care of your car, but I fail to see what having the engine oil/filter changed etc has to do with cleaning the car...

I even got told that they have a special way of telling what you used to clean your car etc.. yeah right!!  either way I have a visit with my dealer on the cards for Saturday to see what their take is on it all, to be fair they are normally pretty good and the service manager isnt full of ****.

Anyway, as ive said before, keep them mails going to them and maybe we can get somewhere!! i`ll update in due course once ive visited the dealer.

The service history is all down to the potential for a goodwill 'gesture' rather than a suggestion that a main dealer serviced car would be less likely to suffer a paint defect.

Let's face it the car is out of warranty so Skoda are within their rights to reject the claim flat.

However they are aware of the issue and have demonstrated their willingness to assist towards the cost of repair on other fellow members cars.

Fingers crossed!

We shall see anyway, if it turns out nice as they say id be inclined to maybe get a newer one next year as I like the look of the new one with the DSG and paddleshift etc, but i certainly wont rule out going for a different car now... maybe a BMW or Merc, poss even a Jag..  we shall see though

I fired an email off last night, at 9.10am this morning I got a call. They've opened a case up and I'll expect a follow up in around 72 hours.

I have to send details of my service history, not that I have much and previous Skodas owned by me.

I do have one or two mods so it's quite far removed from stock and I'm not holding out much hope but we'll see what happens.

Same here. Email sent this morning at around 6 and got a call just after lunch saying the same thing. 

My car has no owner on there system, its an orphan lol, so I need to send them some details so it has an owner and a case can be opened. 

I wonder what they must be thinking atm lol

**** the owners are all talking to each other on the internet  :rock:

Wouldn't be surprised if they aren't watching this thread  :bandit:

If they are watching this thread "Please for christ sake finish your cars properly!!"  :giggle:

• Like 1

Apatently im not rich enough to meet the criteria for them to help.

If i had the money to have been "loyal" to the brand they might have helped but skoda basically gave the two fingers salute.

They seen happy that their cars are driving round like this. Shocking service, utterly shocking

I have mine booked in for the warranty people to take photos etc and send the report on.. As usual my dealership were really helpful, shame it doesnt reflect well on Skoda as a whole...

It will no doubt be a while after they have done their thing before I get any feedback so ill update once I know more.. 

As for they loyalty card, this is the second ive owned now, 1st one from new, 2nd car (second hand) in total covering just shy of 9 years... however I wont be having another one if the service I get is the same as Ryan!!  If it was down to my dealer im sure it would be a different story however it isnt so i wont hold my breath

Bit of a rubbish reply from Skoda.

"Thank you for your email dated 04 December 2013 regarding the spoiler on your ŠKODA Octavia vRS. I am sorry to hear that the

lacquer is coming off the spoiler.

I can confirm that all vehicles come with a 3 year Paint Warranty; the paint warranty for your vehicle expired on the 28 May

2010."

After 7 years of Skoda ownership and a reply like that I won't be buying another.....

Bit of a rubbish reply from Skoda.

"Thank you for your email dated 04 December 2013 regarding the spoiler on your ŠKODA Octavia vRS. I am sorry to hear that the

lacquer is coming off the spoiler.

I can confirm that all vehicles come with a 3 year Paint Warranty; the paint warranty for your vehicle expired on the 28 May

2010."

After 7 years of Skoda ownership and a reply like that I won't be buying another.....

Mine is in for the warranty people at the dealership to take photos and pass on a report.. I wont be too surprised to get an answer similar to this if im honest, even having previously owned a Fabia VRS from new etc (brand loyalty and all that!!)

If I do get the same response then I wont be buying another either and will shift to a different brand, we shall see what happens...

It does appear skoda are quite happy with their cars going around looking like this.

I told the bloke at skoda uk id be reporting my experience to the uk's biggest skoda forum and he couldnt care less, their customer service is truely shocking.

It does appear skoda are quite happy with their cars going around looking like this.

I told the bloke at skoda uk id be reporting my experience to the uk's biggest skoda forum and he couldnt care less, their customer service is truely shocking.

I guess in the grand scheme of things we are small fish in a big pond in regard to the amount of cars they sell vs complaints!! poor service though in my opinion..  ive got various mates with Skodas that im sure could be persuaded away based on the outcome of my experience getting my spoiler sorted..

Mine has started to have the small blisters appear. I am going to go to the dealer next week and get them to have a look whilst its still in warranty.

And this one is a much newer model!! so clearly not limited to the 2006/2007 models... lucky you still have a warranty with yours, let us know how you get on with it..