Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 00:48, S6JOK said:

Thanks I was collecting her from the Detailer he had just spent 4 days applying a CQuartz Ceramic Coating! The shine is awesome, well pleased!

4 Days? bet that set you back a pretty penny or two?

2 hours ago, VRS_Dan said:

4 Days? bet that set you back a pretty penny or two?

It should have been 3 days for an as new car but he spotted a car park ding on the rear nearside door that needed repairing. The Ceramic Detail was £350 no machine polish required an extra £60 to have the ding repaired though. 

A bit off-topic, but my colleague got a brand new Golf GTE and first thing she did was apply a ceramic coating to it. She now regrets it...

It does look great and it is easier to clean but... for instance here in Finland there are loads of stones flying around and when these hit the ceramic coat they either crack or scratch it, and as you must know, ceramic coats are not so easy to repair/correct.

i was very near to have it done (cause white car...) and then decided against it based on her feedback.

2 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

A bit off-topic, but my colleague got a brand new Golf GTE and first thing she did was apply a ceramic coating to it. She now regrets it...

It does look great and it is easier to clean but... for instance here in Finland there are loads of stones flying around and when these hit the ceramic coat they either crack or scratch it, and as you must know, ceramic coats are not so easy to repair/correct.

i was very near to have it done (cause white car...) and then decided against it based on her feedback.

My detailer did explain this to me and recommended that I should have a softer more pliable coating for the at risk areas from stone chips and a harder compound for the rest of the car. I was guided by his 30+ years of detailing and agreed with his recommendations! 

Fingers crossed, time will tell!

Edited by S6JOK
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Octavia1982 said:

Thanks, they are called Ultra UA9's on a  8.5x19" ET 44 with no spacers, with 235/35/19 tyres lowered onto Eibach 35 mm springs...

IMG_2317.JPG

They look just about perfect - got a link to them? Or you bought from a physical shop?