Some good photos of the 2014 Scout here:

Does anyone know what this colour is called?

Think its denim blue. Not my cup of tea but suits the Scout

I have to say.....I REALLY like that.

Can defintely see the appeal - Raised ground clearence, Four wheel drive and a bigger boot than the Yeti...

Maybe when its time to change.

Sorry if ive missed it  - when is it coming to the uk or going on the configurator?

Cheers

Pullers

Does anyone know what the previous Octavia Scout prices where in comparison with the vRS?

I'm torn between the two. My lease deal is coming to end of this year. Really for me it comes down to which one depreciates (not drives) fastest!

I've driven the mk3 Octy diesel VRS and from a standstill it simply overpowers the front tyres. In the dry.

You sit there for what feels like ages while it trys to get all that power through two small patches of rubber that get light as the large car tries to pull away, weight shifting to the back.

I for one am not surprised that the Scout will be quicker to 60mph.

In the UK, with the weather we have, I'd have the Scout over the VRS any day.

But if 0-60 times are that critical then why buy either?

I look forward to putting those mirrors on my black vRS with silver rails. ;-)

P

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I recently found an invoice for an old Audi I had which as default came with real brushed metal mirror caps.  Should have taken them and sold them as I paid £130 to have body coloured ones at build! Madness now I'm older and arguably wiser!

I'd be up for "downgrading" both mirrors and rails on a Scout if you can't spec otherwise.  Its just the thought of leaks or rattles which would put me off. Even happy with primer grey mirror caps - almost anything but silver for me...

Edited by Jeeves

I can pretty much bet the two Diesel engines will be the current 1.6 & 2.0 150hp. They won't put the 184 hp engine in it as this is exclusive to the VRS model. The VRS is skoda's 'sport' model with the higher powered unit. Why would they lose this by putting it in the 4x4 clad version. Doesn't make sense. Watch this space.

RR package on a Scout, are you sure?  :giggle:

I'm talking about the grey plastic finish and how it would look with the white car, nothing more.

I appreciate it comes with it automatically...............

Well yeah, but that isn't the RR package since that's only the suspension setup and the underfloor protection. The bits you're talking about can't be ordered on an ordinary Octavia.

Yeah I know, I'm being pedantic... sorry. :)

Well yeah, but that isn't the RR package since that's only the suspension setup and the underfloor protection. The bits you're talking about can't be ordered on an ordinary Octavia.

Yeah I know, I'm being pedantic... sorry. :)

Hey, no worries.

I genuinely didn't realise that wasn't the RR package.

:)

Does anyone know what the previous Octavia Scout prices where in comparison with the vRS?

I'm torn between the two. My lease deal is coming to end of this year. Really for me it comes down to which one depreciates (not drives) fastest!

I know I collected my current Mk2 diesel Scout in October 2010 and paid £18.5K. The diesel vrs was around £1K less but I didn't push the issue as I wanted a Scout.

I suspect the new Scout won't be far short of £10k more expensive. A massive jump, especially when you consider both will have a similar value at 3 years old.

I know I collected my current Mk2 diesel Scout in October 2010 and paid £18.5K. The diesel vrs was around £1K less but I didn't push the issue as I wanted a Scout.

I suspect the new Scout won't be far short of £10k more expensive. A massive jump, especially when you consider both will have a similar value at 3 years old.

Well the 2014 Octavia VRS estate 2.0 TDI 6G manual starts at £24,385.00. So i can't see the Scout starting at £34,000 - that's £5,000 more than a VW Passat Alltrack 4motion

Well the 2014 Octavia VRS estate 2.0 TDI 6G manual starts at £24,385.00. So i can't see the Scout starting at £34,000 - that's £5,000 more than a VW Passat Alltrack 4motion

I think he means £28.5k

Probably won't come in a manual either? At least it won't over here anyway.

The 1.8TSI is pretty good with DSG, I'm driving it at the mo, it gets it right 99% of the time. Not so enthused about the 184TDI motor with it though.

Edited by snala

The Scout will be worth more than a vRS at 3 years old, at least it will be if the current vRS / Scout used prices continue over to the MkIII.

Scout's hold their value remarkably well.

• Like 2

The Scout will be worth more than a vRS at 3 years old, at least it will be if the current vRS / Scout used prices continue over to the MkIII.

Scout's hold their value remarkably well.

Hopefully that will mean they are cheaper to lease than vRS - and insure!!!! 

You think if Skoda are planning these for a summer release of the Scout - you could order them now, knowng how long their factory lead times are on their popular models.

Probably won't come in a manual either? At least it won't over here anyway.

The 1.8TSI is pretty good with DSG, I'm driving it at the mo, it gets it right 99% of the time. Not so enthused about the 184TDI motor with it though.

Driven both the 150 and 184 with DSG and within legal limits there is little between them IMHO and having had my 150 4x4 five weeks and 1800 miles, I'd say the 150 really suits the 4x4 even with 15mm raised ride height suspension and 16" rims. Oh the ride with this suspension and wheel combination is the best of any Octy III I've driven to date, mind I wouldn't want any more power or torque as with the 184.

Be interesting to see if the ride suffers in an effort to control the Scouts 33mm raised ride height suspension and 17" rims :wonder:

TP

• Like 1

Let me guess the £18.5k was not list price tho

I look forward to seeing one of these in the flesh in a few months, but from the photos, I suspect my highly specced manual 2010 (MY2011) Scout, with xenons, leather, sunroof, front/rear sensors, electric heated seats etc etc and a 125kW Stage 1 tune, will be my long term keeper, as I can't see anything here to tempt me into the new model.

My current car has been 100% reliable and with only 31,000 KMs on the clock, it's barely run in :-).

Add to this they are as rare as hens teeth in NZ, with not a single one for sale in the country right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouts are pretty scarce - I very rarely see them until I went to the seaside today and saw one in Satin Grey very similar to mine and one in Biege all three parked within 10 parking spaces!