Wonder what the discount will be off the top model?

10% at best? if at all?

Think it might be out of my price range unless a 10% discount is available, otherwise the vRS looks better value for money (184ps with manual gearbox).

I really like the look of this, apart from the rear where I think the silver trim is a bit OTT.

Intend to run current Scout into the dust, but hopefully the MkIII FL will be out by then and all the teething troubles week have been ironed out.

It CAN'T possibly be any more unreliable than my current Scout, surely!

Fin

I really like the look of this, apart from the rear where I think the silver trim is a bit OTT.

Intend to run current Scout into the dust, but hopefully the MkIII FL will be out by then and all the teething troubles week have been ironed out.

It CAN'T possibly be any more unreliable than my current Scout, surely!

Fin

What problems have you had with your current scout?  In 2 years I've had one stuck heater flap and one intermittent reverse sensor.

Like you I plan to run my current one for a long time yet.  But if anything does happen to it (stolen, backed over by a dump truck etc) I'd run straight out to get a new one.

• Like 2

Nope. Well I say that, I'm sure I thought I saw one on the web in Silver with different wheels or maybe that's just a 4x4?

Be nice to see other colours, for me, Black Metallic or Moon White, maybe one other colour I might consider.

Is the interior available in anything other than brown? What material are the seats, pretend leather?

I really fancy one now I know it's got the same engine as my current steed.

Has anyone got or seen any images of the new Scout in a colour other than Blue

I saw an article and video on a german site (i think someone may have posted the link earlier) and the Scout was in bright red.

Has anyone got or seen any images of the new Scout in a colour other than Blue?

I saw an article and video on a german site (i think someone may have posted the link earlier) and the Scout was in bright red.

Thanks Krooked, I hadn't seen that one. Red looks good.

Edited by AUSKOUT

So I make that 9mm lower ride height than the previous generation Scout.  At least I think so...

The Swiss brochure (I don't have it with me) I picked up in March showed the same wheels with black inside edges.  I'm sure they were called "Novaris" or similar, as well as a third option.  But that doesn't always translate to what SUK offer us here.

Edited by Jeeves

Faster 0-60mph than the vRS CR then...............  ;-)

I think I might have to afford one now..........................................

Oh, no matter what the manufacturer figures say (usually biased towards keeping the 'sporty' flagship looking good. The haldex equipped Scout with 185ps will be quicker to 60 than a VRS in the dry. Let alone in the wet...  ;)

Faster 0-60mph than the vRS CR then...............  ;-)

Which is a bit odd... because the Elegance 4x4 is quoted to be 0.1 seconds slower than the equivalent 2WD with the same engine/transmission options.

I'm warming to this more and more, hmm.

Same here - it just that damn massive and angular rear silver piece under the rear bumper that i'm really not liking right now. Front one is 'ok'

• Like 1

It's certainly not the most beautiful rear I've seen but I reckon I could live with....or whip it off, paint it, wrap it or something.

• Like 1

Good one, I really like that.

Looks like Moon White?

I have already decided that Moon White would be my choice.

Nice wheels!

Same here - it just that damn massive and angular rear silver piece under the rear bumper that i'm really not liking right now. Front one is 'ok'

Agree - could live with the front but the rear ain't good. And is there no petrol engine for the UK?

• Like 1

Oh for this transmission in a vRS!

Would quite like those silver mirrors on my car too...

P

Marmite. :)   They're the first change I would probably make. Remove, buy a new set of mirror caps and possibly paint body colour or black or even leave primer grey...anything but silver (roofrails included)...

Still have my original mirror caps for my 5 year old Audi tucked safe in the garage from the handover.

Would have liked to see a petrol as I don't fancy faffing about with AdBlue, and also a more organic rear - more P Middy than J Lo with lumps.

Edited by Jeeves