I messaged Skoda UK through their website asking about the Scout appearing on the configurator, will let you all know.

• Like 2

Well done for finding this. Bet it's not on the UK site for weeks or months. 

Saw pictures in Auto Express and have to say that 'race blue' really doesn't suit the Scout, where it does on the Standard car and VRS models. However the reverse is true of Denim Blue. For me, it would either have to be Steel Grey, Silver, or White. 

• Like 1

Yeah, SUK will take a bit of time to get it on the UK site! 

I think it's a car that needs to be seen, the previous scout does have a nice presence to it on the road, and looked like it meant business. 

I messaged Skoda UK through their website asking about the Scout appearing on the configurator, will let you all know.

Ok, word from Skoda UK is that any additions / changes to the configurator are handled in the Czech Rebublic. Work is under way but an exact date can't be given.

• Like 1

FYI, Scout details on the Skoda UK online Octavia brochure now ;)

Currently have a mk2 Octy Estate (Elegance) and looks to replace soon - always fancied the Scout, but don't know whether I can stratech to it against a nearly new replacement Elegance

Shame. I'm out - unless there's a misbuild or a massive discount that makes me overlook the silver bits.  Let's see how the Leon X compares...

Maybe not yet.  I've just noticed you don't get the chrome window surrounds, but I stll can't work out at what trim level the roof rails become silver.  I can't see silver working with a yellow Scout somehow, and I wouldn't be happy about changing them or wrapping them either.

In my view the Scout prices are ridiculously over the top and very badly misjudged. The 150ps model is £750 more than the Elegance 4x4 but has much less stuff fitted as standard. The main things you lose compared to the Elegance are as follows:

Leather, rain sensor, folding door mirrors, variable boot floor, light assist.

The only things you gain apart from cosmetic stuff (which has little real value) are:

RRP (£200), sunset glass (£140), lane assist (£??).

And why they think the Scout needs lane assist totally passes me by.

I think that SUK have seriously got this wrong if value is a measure. Presumably this is a cynical ploy to make vastly more margin out of the gullible. Anyone who gets the Scout rather than the SE (with RRP) really does need their head feeling. The only reason for wasting so much money would be because the image of the Scout is worth nearly £2,500 to you.

We would have considered one to replace our Octy II Scout but there is no way at all at this price - I would feel like I had actively sought out a confidence trickster and begged with him to take advantage of my stupidity if I bought one at the prices they are asking.

Sadly I agree.

My vRS was 'off the shelf' so to speak and I am considering changing it for a vRS with the spec I really want. The Scout was always a serious contender to me getting another vRS especially when I learned that it was getting the 184 engine, happy days.

But having seen what options I would need to add to get something comparable, the Scout is just too costly so it looks like if anything, another vRS will win the day.....

....that is of course unless Skoda offer some tasty incentives to get the buying public ordering some when they finally roll it out...

In my view the Scout prices are ridiculously over the top and very badly misjudged. The 150ps model is £750 more than the Elegance 4x4 but has much less stuff fitted as standard. The main things you lose compared to the Elegance are as follows:

Leather, rain sensor, folding door mirrors, variable boot floor, light assist.

The only things you gain apart from cosmetic stuff (which has little real value) are:

RRP (£200), sunset glass (£140), lane assist (£??).

And why they think the Scout needs lane assist totally passes me by.

I think that SUK have seriously got this wrong if value is a measure. Presumably this is a cynical ploy to make vastly more margin out of the gullible. Anyone who gets the Scout rather than the SE (with RRP) really does need their head feeling. The only reason for wasting so much money would be because the image of the Scout is worth nearly £2,500 to you.

We would have considered one to replace our Octy II Scout but there is no way at all at this price - I would feel like I had actively sought out a confidence trickster and begged with him to take advantage of my stupidity if I bought one at the prices they are asking.

Ridiculous money yes...however if the car comes with lane assist it will also come with light and rain sensor as standard.

They would have done better to base it on Elegance rather than SE spec.

Still too much IMHO, but I guess that's the price you pay for 4WD and some taller suspension, mind you it looks like you get Amundsen thrown in which I would want.

I just carnt make my mind up until I see one in the flesh..........

was going for elegance 4x4 150 man with a few extras but always fancied a scout but just carnt make my mind up

priced them both up and they are both more or less the same money 27 ish

I just carnt make my mind up until I see one in the flesh..........

was going for elegance 4x4 150 man with a few extras but always fancied a scout but just carnt make my mind up

priced them both up and they are both more or less the same money 27 ish

Elegance 4x4 is very nice, can't comment on scout as I've not driven or seen one in the flesh.

I went OTT on the options and mine was 28k with 0% PCP. Not sure if the scouts will have good finance options?

Elegance 4x4 is very nice, can't comment on scout as I've not driven or seen one in the flesh.

I went OTT on the options and mine was 28k with 0% PCP. Not sure if the scouts will have good finance options?

That's all I can hold out for...

That's all I can hold out for...

Without the good finance options I'd have gone for an A3 sportback I think and sacrificed on boot space. The good finance is what swings it in favour of the Octavia over the Golf and A3 as it saves a big chunk of cash on buying new.

That being said, glad I got the Octavia as the huge boot has come in handy several times since I got it and car really is lovely no matter how many people turn their nose up at it being a Skoda.

• Like 1

Without the good finance options I'd have gone for an A3 sportback I think and sacrificed on boot space. The good finance is what swings it in favour of the Octavia over the Golf and A3 as it saves a big chunk of cash on buying new.

That being said, glad I got the Octavia as the huge boot has come in handy several times since I got it and car really is lovely no matter how many people turn their nose up at it being a Skoda.

Gotta say that people I know don't turn their nose up any more, sure they did before they saw / rode in it but not after, Skoda really is a credible alternative.

Ridiculous money yes...however if the car comes with lane assist it will also come with light and rain sensor as standard.

They would have done better to base it on Elegance rather than SE spec.

I'd probably agree if it was a primary car, but as a second car I'd be happy for it to have been based on the S spec.  I find all those aids like light and rain sensors superfluous and often annoying.  My old Scout was £18k and basic but functional.  I could see its replacement being £22 or £23k, but I can't justify the Skoda OTR prices in the context of my trusty 3.0 V6 TDI A6 allroad being worth about 18k with plenty of bells and whistles.  Think I'll keep it for now...

Hello All.

I work offshore and after a few years being overseas I came back to live in UK.....I bought a Yeti 140 Elg , was a brand I never thought I'd like...I moved to a 170Yeti....loved it....bought the wife a 1.2tsi DSG ....sh loved hers.....I went to a Octavia Scout.dsg ...really impressed with it....just bought the wife for her 50th a Yeti 1.8tsi 4x4 L&K....it's the business......

Almost 2 years ago I traded my Scout for a 3.0tdi a4 Allroad...up and down from Aberdeen was great in the Scout but I wanted a tad more power so traded up......well my 50th is approaching so I sold my A4 and ordered a S3...... But something kept niggling away at me...42k sitting still for 6 months....mmmm that's not right, and so I cancelled my order.

I'm now back looking at a VRS est....and then I see the new Scout is due...

I've managed to spec a Scout up ( my understanding you can choose roof bar colour...silver strips round windows and black interior is a free choice )

My Scout has come in at £32800 before any discounts offered, this puts the car in another price band and opens the door to other options.

However....it has to be said IMHO that a Scout will always sell and even more so secondhand.

Colours available are in All octavia range .

I emailed my dealer and was told NO plans for incentive % to buy Scout though this may change.

Skoda is no longer a laughing stock,it's a real brand and a growing brand,it will remain under other VAG cars...but let's not kick the arse out of it SUK with price

Thanks for the heads up.

When I went through the spec process I arrived at about 32k which is a touch more than I comfortably want to stretch to. The vRS still has it for me on a bangs for bucks basis.

Mence....

I'm with you on that....I'm most likely going VRS,I've just been on a Configurator for the Scout.... Pains me to say but it look "crap" ...Skoda need to upgrade the configuration system.

We have a Metal grey Yeti L & K.....it'll be a bit naff but sod it...vrs metal grey black pack 19s......toys for me

All the best

I'd probably agree if it was a primary car, but as a second car I'd be happy for it to have been based on the S spec.  I find all those aids like light and rain sensors superfluous and often annoying.  My old Scout was £18k and basic but functional.  I could see its replacement being £22 or £23k, but I can't justify the Skoda OTR prices in the context of my trusty 3.0 V6 TDI A6 allroad being worth about 18k with plenty of bells and whistles.  Think I'll keep it for now...

Hello All.

I work offshore and after a few years being overseas I came back to live in UK.....I bought a Yeti 140 Elg , was a brand I never thought I'd like...I moved to a 170Yeti....loved it....bought the wife a 1.2tsi DSG ....sh loved hers.....I went to a Octavia Scout.dsg ...really impressed with it....just bought the wife for her 50th a Yeti 1.8tsi 4x4 L&K....it's the business......

Almost 2 years ago I traded my Scout for a 3.0tdi a4 Allroad...up and down from Aberdeen was great in the Scout but I wanted a tad more power so traded up......well my 50th is approaching so I sold my A4 and ordered a S3...... But something kept niggling away at me...42k sitting still for 6 months....mmmm that's not right, and so I cancelled my order.

I'm now back looking at a VRS est....and then I see the new Scout is due...

I've managed to spec a Scout up ( my understanding you can choose roof bar colour...silver strips round windows and black interior is a free choice )

My Scout has come in at £32800 before any discounts offered, this puts the car in another price band and opens the door to other options.

However....it has to be said IMHO that a Scout will always sell and even more so secondhand.

Colours available are in All octavia range .

I emailed my dealer and was told NO plans for incentive % to buy Scout though this may change.

Skoda is no longer a laughing stock,it's a real brand and a growing brand,it will remain under other VAG cars...but let's not kick the arse out of it SUK with price

Wow.  My new 245PS A6 Allroad (C7) with 19s and quite a few options was only about £7k more and makes my C6 one feel like a bargain at about half that.

Wow.  My new 245PS A6 Allroad (C7) with 19s and quite a few options was only about £7k more and makes my C6 one feel like a bargain at about half that.

With 21% discount A6's are surprisingly affordable, including Allroads, hence why we replaced a Yeti 170 Elegance with one last year.

With 21% discount A6's are surprisingly affordable, including Allroads, hence why we replaced a Yeti 170 Elegance with one last year.

The penny's dropped..."with a sprinkling of H and K" like mine. ;)