Geneva Show 2014

Chris

• 1 month later...

Accomodation is very expensive in Geneva, we stayed at the Hotel ibis budget Geneve, which is about 15 mins walk from the airport and 20 minutes walk from the motor show.

It is the cheapest I can find at around £80 a night, which is about half the price of anywhere else.

As the show is only a 5 minute walk from the airport, it is possible to fly in and out in the same day, providing you can get the flights.

As far as the motor show itself is concerned, I think Paris is better. It depends on the type of cars you want to see.

Excluding the accessories and trade/garage supplies, Paris is a much bigger show, but Geneva has more supercars and brands, and stands aimed at the trade, car lifts etc.

I mean in Geneva, the stands are smaller and the models shown appears to be smaller range than Paris where there is more floor space for each brand, so they can show more models.

if you are going to see Skoda's, the stand will be bigger at Paris, Although I did get to sit in the skoda range in Geneva no problem. Didn't win a car though!!

Also at the weekend, do not expect to be able to get close to the Ferrari and supercar stands, there is just too many people and too little space.

On saying that, Paris does not have all the supercars, like Buggati or Aston Martin. Clearly there is more money in Switzerland.

You can get half price tickets after 4.00pm

We went over 2 days and had 2 x  4 hour sesions, which was enough for us.

Both shows are great, and if I could have got my flights to fly in and out on the same day, I would be there again this year.

But as i cant get in and out flights, so I will be opting for Paris later this year.

Mark

I'm doing it this year. Original plan was to drive down and back and spend a few additional days there but the new plan is in and out by plane but probably leaving late the following day so we get to spend the following day seeing, what there is, of Geneva. Tickets are only around £10 iirc and the flight costs are looking to be around £160. Hotels are available from around £110 per night A number of new Skodas will be on display hence my reasoning its worth the trip! :)

• 1 year later...

I will be popping by at some point - had tickets for press day on Wednesday but work intervened as it is doing this weekend too  :(

End of next week I hope now...

Dave

• 1 year later...