Retrofitting High Beam Assistent (MK2)

Too Tall

The CAN behind columbus is infotainment CAN, so probably not as I guess this requires convenience / comfort CAN.

Are they not the same thing? The Columbus gets plenty of information about the rest of the car over the CAN connection including the ground speed and steering angle (For dead reckoning while out of GPS reception such as in long tunnels), whether the lights are on, as well as the clock time (Which is a little insane given it's got a GPS antenna) and aircon settings. I'd like to think that for security reasons the infotainment CAN is completely separate and this data is specifically fed to it from a well secured critical car systems CAN, but I wouldn't put money on it.

No, use a CAN behind climatronic panel, not behind Columbus.

But why using a Kufatec loom?

What you need only is a two extra wires for the CAN and a one single new jack (8 pin), for the existing loom. Old plug from harness take out.

One wire will remain not used, tap it with insulation and done.

No they aren't the same thing. There are three CAN buses on a Superb II. They only come together at the gateway where some information gets passed between them.

And the hype about the 'hack' isn't quite what is being reported largely because the people reporting it don't really understand the systems. From what I can pick out there's a particular 'online' system (Uconnect) in certain vehicles that allow some access to the vehicle network. Though its not mentioned, it seems they have to have access to the car itself first in order to load modified software. I'm quite prepared to accept I'm wrong about this, but I haven't seen any information to persuade me that the majority of this story is exactly that, hype.

Well that article:

1. Is about the Jeep hack as far as I can tell (same speakers at the BH conference).

2. Isn't using a DAB radio. It uses the fact that the infotainment system is connected to the internet and has an IP address. Therefore if you know the IP address you can send data.

3. The US doesn't use DAB, but SDARS anyway.

Edited by lowedb

I wired this thing up today... But I cant even get light in the mirror. Not in the green led that indicates auto dim... And I cannot get contact with the high beam assistan module. I think this is strange because its only 3 wires from kufatec wirings to my oem 6 plug that goes into my car harness.... Is this correct? :S

Its 5 wires on the kufatec adapter, and the mirror has 7 wires in the 8 pin plug... Strange.

Btw. The canbus behind my columbus is comfort canbus... Is comfort canbus the right thing to connect? I cannot find the xenon module behind the climate panel on my 2014 superb.

I spliced mine to pin 6 (CANH) and pin 16 (CANL) of the gateway in my Octavia, pretty sure this is the drive canbus.

Still, sounds like it's not getting power, have you checked the original plug from the car to see which is power and ground to make sure they are passed through correctly?

If I have time I'll pull the loom out of the headliner and have a look tomorrow.

I wired this thing up today... But I cant even get light in the mirror. Not in the green led that indicates auto dim... And I cannot get contact with the high beam assistan module. I think this is strange because its only 3 wires from kufatec wirings to my oem 6 plug that goes into my car harness.... Is this correct? :S

Its 5 wires on the kufatec adapter, and the mirror has 7 wires in the 8 pin plug... Strange.

Btw. The canbus behind my columbus is comfort canbus... Is comfort canbus the right thing to connect? I cannot find the xenon module behind the climate panel on my 2014 superb.

Have you sorted it out?

When you say 'behind' your columbus, do you mean plugged into your columbus? If so then its odd because mine is infotainment CAN and I doubt they'd have different ones. Comfort CAN goes to the HVAC control panel below the columbus and the clock in the rear of the centre console if I remember right. Can't tell you which one you need, though I'm afraid as I don't have access to the wiring diagrams right now.

Yeah, into columbus..

As I said, I have a high beam canbus adapter.. To get 12+ when I switch on highbeam (to relay for driving lights) and this needs comfort canbus.

Wired up on the columbus wiring and working like a dream!

Ans wuthout this adapter you woulf not manage reretrofit HBA to a Superb 3T?

Very...strange...

But what does it do? What for?

Regards

This adapter is to get a 12v signal when I drive with highbeam on. Cars ike touran dosent have any kind of 12v goes into the light to turn on highbeam, its just maybe by canbus. There.. I want to add more high beams on my car. This adapter is needed.. Need comfort can, and work like a charm with canbus going into columbus! :) But I think the kufatec wiring is wrong. Talking with the guy i bought the mirror from now, and hes gonna make a new harness for me :) Because the mirror dont get power with kufatec wiring.

But for retrofit a HBA to Superb or Octavia 2 FL .etc, you do not need anny kind of special adapters, or the Kufatec wiring loom.

Only what you need is a new 8-pin plug to put on a wires that you take out from existing 6-pin plug, and just add two extra wires for CAN.

And the SW version of instrument cluster equal or higher then a 60x

Simple

And coding of course

Edited by Nickolaidis