• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JS4136

JS4136

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:47

Hi guys , have a wee problem in that my wipers , indicators and blowers all stopped working at once and I cannot find the fuse box in the engine compartment . Stupid I know but even the mechanic I took it to couldn't find it . Any clues

#2 drw8

drw8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:52

Theres a fuse box on the drivers side of the dash, access it by opening the drivers door.

Not sure where the fuse for the wipers, indicators etc is though.

#3 FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire

Disgruntled former employee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Car:Skoda Octavia II Hatchback Ambiente 1.9 TDI MY 2008

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:54

To the right of the battery box. Same place as 90% of all modern VAG cars. Perhaps you need to replace the mechanic as well?

In any case, if that isn't the fuse box you need, there is another in the side of the dashboard on the driver's side. You open the door first and it's basically the end of the dashbiard . You pry it off with your key. Which fuse is which is detailed in your manual.

#4 JS4136

JS4136

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:01

Thanks for the prompt replies . I know about the fuses on the side of the dash but would need to be really unlucky for all those different fuses to go at the one time .Checked the fuse for the front wipers and it was fine so looked at the manual online and it says there is a 5 amp fuse in the engine compartment for the indicator and wiper levers , if only I could find it . Have left the car at the garage and hope he gets back to me soon . There is a small box underneath the battery cover, checked those and they seem fine

#5 adamal

adamal

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • Car:2008 Octavia L&K Estate PD140, affectionately known as "The Beast"

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:25

Is your dash display working?  I had this and the dash didn't work either - could drive it but no instrumentation - then it all returned to normal and never had a recurrence since.  I ruled out the fuses, water ingress to the fuse box and the battery etc, and then read a few stories about the instrument cluster being the potential culprit.

Adam

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users