All I want for Christmas is a...

Same issue with my Octy 2 - it just kind of floats across the windscreen..  It was too flexible in my opinion.

Even worse was the rear wash wipe - it just kind of dribbled down the back window..

The Octy 3 seems better, all it's had on it is water at present though..

Rear wiper that works in winter!

Why does it work flawlessly in summer then as soon as winter arrives refuses to budge???

Have the same car as you buddy, and exactly the same problem, weird ?? Yours an estate too

• Like 1

A remap or chip box to give my 105 PD a much needed boost.

Re rear wiper...

My blade is in good nick as is tailgate glass but it just smears so I'm gonna try another rubber to see if it helps.

Re slow/sticking/stuck rear wipers.

Be sure to give the oscillating shaft a quick scoot of WD-40 on a monthly basis to prevent seizure of the shaft or motor due to corrosion and rust.

While you're at it give the door and bonnet locks a squirt too.

Hatchback - the rear wiper motor is a weak point and is prone to failure. Symptoms involves slow sweep, juddery sweep, stopping mid-sweep or just not budging at all.

Estate - the spring tension seems to weaken over time which results in the wiper smearing the water across the glass instead of removing it. A new blade is often enough to solve the issue.

The rear wash system is also a poor design. If it's dribbling then the washer jet will be partially blocked. If nothing appears on the screen then this is normally because the water is being squirted onto the CD multichanger in the boot or into the spare wheel well instead!

Edited by silver1011

• 4 weeks later...

Well... took mine to bits ... as stated the rear trim was a nightmare!!

Could not see any issues with the motor ,

However  once inside the main transfer cog is plastic.

This is driven by the metal motor shaft which is steel

The rest of the lever assembly was  quite stiff and only lubed by a small amount of grease which has gone hard

Cleaned it all out and packed with some teflon grease (This should not go hard) seems working fine now

Time will tell