Citigo Elegance / Motorsport Replica

59Hopper

Hi Everyone,

I am expecting my Citigo to arrive sometime in the next 2 weeks so I thought I would make a start on my project thread.

I ordered the following spec (Citigo Elegance Greentech 5 Door 60hp + All Options) on 12th October 2013;

1zbrih.jpg

My aim with this car is to create a replica of the Skoda Citigo Motorsport and will hopefully end up with something like below;

j9bifb.jpg 2dilehe.jpg

My Current list of Mods / Items to Purchase are;

Door Sill Protectors

Bulbs (MTEC DRLS, MTEC HEADLIGHTS H4, MTEC FOGS HB4, MTEC NUMBER PLATE W5W, XTEC CHROME PY21W)

Citigo Sport Key Cover White

Front Bumper Lip Cover Black (1ST071004CFL8)

Vinyl Wrap (As Above)(Mirrors, Roof, Lower Front and Rear Bumper)

Custom Vinyl Stickers (As Above)(Bonnet, Side and Tailgate)

Window Decals (As Above)(Skoda Motorsport)

16" Skoda Serpens White Wheels + 185/50/16 Tyres

Depending on how the car looks with the above mods I may purchase the following, but would prefer not to (expensive);

Front Spoiler

Roof Spoiler

Side Skirts

Rear Diffuser

Edited by ColinD

Nice :)

Not sure if going to 17's will make the arch gap a bit too much, so you may have to factor in some kind of lowering.

It might look ok without, I don't really know.

Personally think, if you want to create that kind of look, you will need to add the bodykit add ons or you'll be missing a trick

Nice to see something different though, top marks for ambition and I can't wait to see the results

Cheers

Damo

• Like 1

Nice :)

Not sure if going to 17's will make the arch gap a bit too much, so you may have to factor in some kind of lowering.

It might look ok without, I don't really know.

Personally think, if you want to create that kind of look, you will need to add the bodykit add ons or you'll be missing a trick

Nice to see something different though, top marks for ambition and I can't wait to see the results

Cheers

Damo

Thanks Damo,

I'm kind of hoping that with the Greentech/Sport lowered suspension I can pull off the 17" alloys but it's one of those things you have to try I guess.

The only problem is with the car being on finance I can't go too mad with the modifications so was trying to avoid the common warranty related issues like suspension/engine/exhaust...

Luckily with the car above, the only body kit modifications I can spot are diffuser, front spoiler/lip and roof spoiler so all standard Citigo parts unlike the rally concept car.

Alex :)

Yes Alex, I think the finance thing is holding a few of us Citigo owners back tbh...

Well, that and the lack of mods available atm

Will be interested to see how the 17's look on our suspension set up myself, much more choice available in that size (just hope the ride isn't compromised too much for you as well)

As said, looking forward to this immensely

Keep updating regularly

Cheers

Damo

• Like 1

I was wondering if the 16" wheels pictured looked a bit out of proportion with the sporty look?

Here is the 18" wheels on the rally concept vs. the motorsport 16" Wheels.

I thought the 17" might be a good compromise, but ride quality is a fair point...

wkofmu.jpg 25p0kyd.jpg

Edited by 59Hopper

It depends what you want, 17s will cost more, have more expensive tyres of the same standard, give a firm ride and be more prone to damage.

I actually like the 16s in the show car, they look fine and don't need a fandango body kit to carry them off.

Out of interest what sidewall profile will the 17s have?

Most people find 35 or less rather harsh, but they give good turn in under enthusiastic driving.

What I might do is take a visit to the Wheelbase Alloys Head Office when I am ready to order them and ask to try them both if they're in stock.

They would be 195/40/17 Profile Tyres on 17" Wheels and 185/50/16 on 16" Wheels.

16" Wheels are from £879 including tyres. (depends on tyre brand etc...)

and 17" Wheels are from £949 including tyres.

2cyhb2c.jpg

40 profile tyres are fine IMO unless you like bumpy/potholed roads.

I had 35 profiles (18s) on the Rapid and while they had great feel it was a bit harsh in town over fairly naff roads.

I'd have happily used it as a daily though.

Update 22/12/2013

I have purchased my bulbs today from HIDS-DIRECT.CO.UK

I hope for your sake that MTEC have upped their game from 3 years ago when I bought the “Super White” W5W and DRL bulbs ... they were the dimmest and worst bulbs I have ever bought, suffice to say they did not get fitted, HID’s Direct also did not return my e-mails or phone calls.

40 profile tyres are fine IMO unless you like bumpy/potholed roads.

I had 35 profiles (18s) on the Rapid and while they had great feel it was a bit harsh in town over fairly naff roads.

I'd have happily used it as a daily though.

The car I am trading in for the Citigo is a Seat Ibiza FR and that has the same profile tyres (195/40/17) from the factory with sports suspension.

I would agree with everything you said about the hard ride and its easier to damage on kerbs, but not so uncomfortable that I couldn't use it everyday.

I suppose having the larger wheels would give me the handling benefits and sporty feel I like from the current car.

Having said that, when I test drove the Citigo with 14" wheels the ride was so much softer which was a nice change.

A difficult decision indeed haha...

Edited by 59Hopper

• 4 weeks later...

Update 18/01/14

I collected the car from Robinsons Skoda in Norwich today around lunchtime and took it for a drive to the coast.

Here are some pictures, it was dark by the time I got home and I'm sending this from my mobile so will aim to put up a full review and upload some more pics tommorow when I start to change the bulbs etc...

t634ol.jpg2lsgwg5.jpg2nqb96w.jpgw1uy5w.jpg

When I arrived at the coast I had travelled 44 miles, but have now reached 100 miles and seem to be averaging around 55mpg according to the PID which is very good considering the roads I was on and using the heated seats, a/c etc...

28bzpye.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update 07/02/14

Hello again, apologies for the late update but I've been rather busy with work recently. I have had the car for two weeks now and covered 1400 Miles already!!

I have travelled to Manchester twice since getting the car and seem to be averaging about 55-60mpg most of the time, this is mainly down to the poor weather and using heated seats a lot.

I love driving the car so much, it is obviously not as powerful as my previous car but I actually feel like I enjoy it more as it reminds me of my old classic mini with its go-kart handling :p

Here are some pictures of the bulbs that have now been changed, I found the manual's instructions easy to follow. (the after pics are shinier as it was just after its first wash and polish lol)

4vh4qh.jpge06243.jpg

hwhh85.jpg28039sn.jpg

6p0z1d.jpg35j03n6.jpg

v4bcsh.jpg212zn69.jpg

On a side note, changing the indicator bulbs and fog lights can be pretty painful when you don't have small hands >.<

I am most pleased with the interior lights though, they are SOOOO much better than before..