EBC red stuff for RSII

pippobj

Probably during this we i'll take down the pads.. I've talked with ebc and they are suggesting me to take the greenstuff. The reds would make to much noise.And would not get to a good operative temp because the car is not that heavy. What to you say? I don't do track days for now

Probably during this we i'll take down the pads.. I've talked with ebc and they are suggesting me to take the greenstuff. The reds would make to much noise.And would not get to a good operative temp because the car is not that heavy. What to you say? I don't do track days for now

I've used the Greenstuff pads before on cars and bikes and never had an issue with them, like you I don't do track days so don't need something that will withstand sustained raised temperatures.  However to be honest I'm not entirely sure if I could tell the difference between the pads once fitted to the car or if the claimed increase in braking efficiency actually equates to a practical saving in braking distance!

If you are looking at doing track days in the future perhaps the Yellowstuff that Sharkrider is using may be more appropriate as they are good to go at all temperatures which it sounds like the redstuff are not.

I've just been reading what the EBC site says about the Redstuff pads and it makes no mention about being for heavier cars (other than the diagram that Sparkly posted above), specifically says low noise and says they operate from cold so the EBC guy has fed you a line!  Only issue I have with them is it is not clear if they are actually legal in the EU.  They are noted for cars of 200bhp or over so the vRS is just under that unless remapped.  The reviews written on them do appear to be from the US customers so presumably from their 'heavy' cars.

Out of curiosity what has drawn the OP to Redstuff specifically in the firstplace?  was it the low dust, as that seems to be the major difference?

Believe green red and yellow are completely legal in the UK.

Just because a stock vRS is under 200bhp doesn't mean you shouldn't uprate the pad.

Have a friend running red on his mk4 r32 and he is happy with them, previously ran yellow and liked them too.

You do hear about ebc pads crumbling though.

I think the crumbling was an issue a few years ago, I was told by EBC that if my pads (now shark riders) crumbled I should call them and they would replace with no quibble.

IMO though, for everyday road use standard Pagids are fine  ;)

EBC replaced my mates Yellowstuff fronts..................when they fell apart as he changed them :o he'd had his monies worth out of them but they did just fall to bits.

He was totally honest about the circumstances and had already bought his Redstuff but they still sent him new fronts, very impressive customer service

Unfortunatly the weather is not that good this week end. Taking a closer look at the calipers I was to identify the right padre at the front. But I'm not sure forma the rear one. Does anyone have a pic of their rear pads??? Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...