Which cars can I rob the handbrake springs off?

Off up the scrapyard in the morning as the handbrake keeps sticking within a few days of freeing it off. Is it vw sharan, Ford galaxy and seat alhambra or are there any others where the springs fit? Can't be bothered to drive to Lincoln for them and I never know where I'll be working to order them at another vag garage

Cheers jase I shall see what they've got! If I'm getting the springs off the TT I may as well get the front and rear callipers and carriers too lol. Wonder how much they'd charge me considering the bargains I've had up there

Got mine from TPS mate if you've got one near you..

It's moved to Lincoln that's where I was going to go to. If I gave no joy up the scrapyard I will have to have a run across there

As daft as it sounds I'm sure there's some French cars with the same springs on the rear calipers. Thinking Renault scenic or possible Peugeot/Citroen people carrier sized vehicles. I really can't remember from being under them in my mates garage

As daft as it sounds I'm sure there's some French cars with the same springs on the rear calipers. Thinking Renault scenic or possible Peugeot/Citroen people carrier sized vehicles. I really can't remember from being under them in my mates garage

I wouldn't be surprised; my dad used to work at a spring makers in Redditch press setting. They made so many for Leyland, so many for Ford, Vauxhall etc etc. They were all the same spring. Manufacturers probably do a group buy type thing to cut costs.

Found a galaxy up the scrapyard so got them off. The guy told me to take them so got them for free which was a bonus. Freed it off and fitted, brake pedal feels firm again and it now has a good handbrake. Well happy :)

20140109_112214_zpslqhap216.jpg20140109_112239_zpsn0j5jrah.jpg

I have part numbers - 1K0615295+1K0615296, possibly with 7M at the end.

The "1KO" or "7M0" relates to the platform that the parts were initially designed for, so you should never find them attached to the end of a VAG part number - they will always be at the front of any VAG part numbers. As said above already, try a VW car parts place (or TPS) and ask for springs for the original Sharan.

The "1KO" or "7M0" relates to the platform that the parts were initially designed for, so you should never find them attached to the end of a VAG part number - they will always be at the front of any VAG part numbers. As said above already, try a VW car parts place (or TPS) and ask for springs for the original Sharan.

No big deal, just trying to help.

Fitted these as o/s caliper was binding slightly,lots of 3 in 1 & tapping the arms back when parking up has freed it up but still having trouble adjusting the cables,the yoke thingy doesn't want to sit straight as soon as there's a bit of tension on it it goes lop sided.

Anyone know if these wear out or are available as a replacement on its own.