Activating cornering fog lights

Hi,

This is my first post.

I have skoda oktavia elegance  1,9TDI PD DSG ( 1Z3 36C) and I'm trying to activate corner lights. I try to enter the settings options on onboard computer by clicking the button on the wiper lever, but nothing happens, menu  not appearing. mine dashboard looks like this http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1388273093/-font-b-Skoda-b-font-font-b-Octavia-b-font-font-b-dashboard-b-font.jpg

I'm doing something wrong, or to me it is impossible to activate non of the functions: 'coming home' lights, cornering fogs etc.?

I will be grateful for any help.

P. S. I'm sorry for the mistakes, My English is not very strong :D

I've tried every way, and turned on and off. yes,I pressing correct button. I'm doing everything that is written in the user's manual. fog lights have bulbs for cornering... 

Then wat is about Tourist Light?

From what I understood from the manual, the Tourist Light settings is made for when you drive in a foreign country with opposite directions.

If you have HIDs, this set will invert the height of the beams: for you in UK, the right beam should be lower than the left one to avoid blinding driver on the opposite lane.

Hi,

Maybe what you have is the daytime running lights. on the outer side of the fogs. I have the same, but was never able to enable cornering lights (it should be enabled if the DRL's are disabled but does not work on mine)

What year is your car, Arvis1, and is it LHD? Does it have daylight runnings lights (DRLs) which are on all the time or normal front foglights which come on when selected from the rotary lighting switch?

If you have a picture of the car showing which door is opened when you get in you have maxidot, if you just have the door open warning light you don't.

Your car is late enough to built to make activating the cornering fogs possible. It will be a VCDS job though what ever panel you have between the instruments.

If I remember correctly, in order to get the tourist mode on your car you have to take the headlights out, remove the bulb and move a little lever inside the housing to block the kick up of the beam to the nearside.

Ian

• Like 2

If you have a picture of the car showing which door is opened when you get in you have maxidot, if you just have the door open warning light you don't.

Your car is late enough to built to make activating the cornering fogs possible. It will be a VCDS job though what ever panel you have between the instruments.

If I remember correctly, in order to get the tourist mode on your car you have to take the headlights out, remove the bulb and move a little lever inside the housing to block the kick up of the beam to the nearside.

Ian

Right. Mine car soon du for service, how you think, they will be able to activate corner lights? 

And maybe you know more about Tourist Lights? Maybe some link? Because users manual haven't mentioned nothing. Thanks for your help

Skoda Oktavia 1.9 tdi pd dsg elegance right hand drive (uk version) no DRLs. First registration 2010.06.17

No DRL's?

As your Octavia is a 2010 model then it is a MkII facelift (FL).

You have the standard OBC (onbord computer) - not Maxidot.

As your Octavia is a UK Elegance specification it has front fog lights as standard equipment.

A FL MkII with front fog lights has seperate dedicated DRL's as standard (although it is likely that they are turned off) as the DRL's and fog lights are part of the same light cluster/unit (see image below).

You therefore need VCDS to activate both the cornering foglights and DRL's. A dealer should be able to do it for you but they are well known for being very poor when it comes to correctly coding their cars.

When properly activated the DRL's can be turned on and off using the procedure detailed in the manual, however once activated using VCDS or by a dealer the cornering fog lights cannot be deactivated unless you turn them off using VCDS or by revisiting a dealer.

SkodaOctaviaDRL.jpg

Edited by silver1011

No.

Auto lights are completely separate and need the rain/light sensor.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

right. I have rain sensor, but do not know about light sensor

right. I have rain sensor, but do not know about light sensor

Its a single unit. You can retrofit auto lights - you will need the switch and probably a wire to add into the light switch loom.

Its a single unit. You can retrofit auto lights - you will need the switch and probably a wire to add into the light switch loom.

I don't think that I can do thet my self :D