Naths MKII vRS Project

Naths vRS

You've done tons to your car! Impressive motor. I'd like to have a look at it at some point! Maybe get a few tips from you etc. Not too far from you I believe. Just outside Lichfield.

Finally getting round to doing a bit now. In the process of ordering armrest, wind deflectors and sunglasses holder and I'm waiting for garage to get back to me about removing the centre silencer :-).

• Like 1

haha thanks mate, much more to do yet, next will be lowering in couple month though, and full Alpine upgrade :)   Yeah not a problem mate, we can have a meet up i've moved to Ashbourne but not that dfar from Lichfield (I was in Abbots Bromley),

Sunglasses holder? You not got one as standard? or are you replacing the driver's grab handle instead?

Wicked mate. Yea thought it was abbots. Remember you saying. Drive through there with work fairly often. Ashbournes a lovely place :-)

Yea never had one sunglasses holder. Recently got new prescription shades and it's annoying the hell out of me, keep having to get the case from the glove, then taking them out haha

• Like 1

Wicked mate. Yea thought it was abbots. Remember you saying. Drive through there with work fairly often. Ashbournes a lovely place :-)

Yea never had one sunglasses holder. Recently got new prescription shades and it's annoying the hell out of me, keep having to get the case from the glove, then taking them out haha

Ah okay, give me a shout when you want to pop over mate, i'm around this Saturday if that helps?

• 1 month later...

Got my hids fitted last night and my gosh what a difference it makes. Got them from hids-direct however at first I was unsure what kit to get so I sent them an email and they came back with a £50 set, so I got searching and found the correct kit (after double checking on here) for £37 :D so do some homework before buying. Took 3 snaps last night although it's not that noticeable on photos.

WP_20160708_20_59_22_Pro_zpsnwzbw6v1.jpg

WP_20160708_23_14_12_Pro_zpswxbuj0uz.jpg

WP_20160708_23_14_22_Pro_zps3adcotkn.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ordered these yesterday, arrived today - Signed Delivery can't moan at that, fingers crossed they fit snug. For those that are unsure, the VRS has paddle shifters, and these are extenders :thumbup:

IMG_0178_zpsri9fr1sl.jpg

Edited by Naths vRS
  • Like 1

If you like them once fitted could you please post who you got those ones from so i can order identical?

I want to buy a set for someone and need the exact same fitting as you have delivered to them as i am not near the car.

Too many sellers mess around with the ones to suit the other paddle shape. Early model shape needed.

Cheers.

If you like them once fitted could you please post who you got those ones from so i can order identical?

I want to buy a set for someone and need the exact same fitting as you have delivered to them as i am not near the car.

Too many sellers mess around with the ones to suit the other paddle shape. Early model shape needed.

Cheers.

Of course I will mate.  Will be fitting them tonight then i'll post a link on here.  They had a few different patterns (German colours, Black with red text, aluminium effect, and gel ones) but they were from a UK supplier which was nice.

• Like 1

Got my hids fitted last night and my gosh what a difference it makes. Got them from hids-direct however at first I was unsure what kit to get so I sent them an email and they came back with a £50 set, so I got searching and found the correct kit (after double checking on here) for £37 :D so do some homework before buying. Took 3 snaps last night although it's not that noticeable on photos.

WP_20160708_20_59_22_Pro_zpsnwzbw6v1.jpg

WP_20160708_23_14_12_Pro_zpswxbuj0uz.jpg

WP_20160708_23_14_22_Pro_zps3adcotkn.jpg

Those night pictures look great. Do you get any error codes or anything on the dash? And HIDS aren't a problem come MOT time are they? And are there any disadvantages of HID's? Never thought much of the lights on our cars!

Cheers.

what do you think:

IMG_01791_zpsif5shsta.jpg

IMG_01801_zpsrk8hso3z.jpg

IMG_01811_zpsbnztbqtn.jpg

Here is where I got them from: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172235656330?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=471059195012&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm also after a set. Apart from the slight issue of not being able to get the old plastic ones off..

You don't get the current ones off, they nicely sit in the them so to speak

Those night pictures look great. Do you get any error codes or anything on the dash? And HIDS aren't a problem come MOT time are they? And are there any disadvantages of HID's? Never thought much of the lights on our cars!

No error codes whatsoever, nope mine passed okay. I can't see any disadvantages to having hids, they're brighter so you can see better at night.

These are the ones I got: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-35w-ultra-slim-canbus-hid-xenon-conversion-kit/  H7 bulbs then you can choose what temperature to have I went for 5k (white with a slight blue tint) but do wish I went for 4300K, to match the DRLs.

Edited by Naths vRS

• 4 weeks later...

Oh no :/

That could be costly couldn't it? I hope it's not too bad!

Yeah it can be, so far been quoted £500, but that's before they even had it delivered at their garage which was only yesterday...not heard anything so no news is good news right?

It genuinely seems that over the last 6 months or so there's been more and more vRS' having big issues. I know there are plenty that are doing fine on the forum and plenty that aren't on the forum that have either died or are doing fine. But it still give me an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Fingers crossed mine was a good'n - it's had a few niggles here and there and does use oil but I do love it still. Its 5years old now and has done 64000miles so I do hope it's got at least another 2/3 years of trouble free motoring in it as I plan to keep it for a while yet I think.

Fingers crossed with yours too!

• Like 3

I do feel sorry for people with them, more so because people get issues and chop them in for the new buyer to get them and get a bad experience of the car from the off.

I used to think I would never have one but going off what I read Skoda UK seem to contribute in most cases to ease the blow of any bills.

It was the main reason I went with a 1.6 TDI and modified it up to more than a stock vrs.

IMO if your getting problems now try and resolve it sooner rather than later, I've seen quite an increase in failing chains lately also!

Just had an update from the garage it's gone in to...it's not the timing belt as these have chains, they;ve had it running for about 20 minutes then it's just cut out so they are trying to figure out what it could be.

Edited by Naths vRS
  • Like 1

Just had an update from the garage it's gone in to...it's not the timing belt as these have chains, they;ve had it running for about 20 minutes then it's just cut out so they are trying to figure out what it could be.

Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully it's not as bad as you thought it was.

• Like 1