Cam belt kit

Hay people,

can anyone please advise me of a decent make of cam belt kit that includes the waterpump, tensioners and pully,

im sourcing the parts my self but My car is going in for a new clutch this week and i thought i might as well get it done at the same time, also will i need to get new engine mount bolts and gear mount bolts for the clutch housing  while doing this?, if so which ones

Much appreciated

Drew    

Iv tried TPS, cant help as only trade to dealers,

TPS can be a bit hit n miss, some do, some don't. Best bet is to pop in in person and when they ask which garage just say it's a private job.

Sound i will try them, cheers,

Regarding my other post, which make should i go with ?

cheers

That's the point - TPS supply the Genuine Volkswagen Parts that are already fitted to your car !!!

Go in again and say can you have a discount as you run your car as a taxi at the weekend. That should do it.

There is a mechanical tensioner and a hydraulic one aswell, the mechanical one is part of the kit but the hydraulic one isn't, (using genuine bits)

I've just been and go kit from dealers and parts lad looked at me blank when i asked for hydraulic plunger thing aswell, I just gave up in end and paid for my cambelt kit and water pump and left,

He said take it off and fetch it in and ill get part number off it and get you one, yeah and how the feck am i going to do that as car won't run with it

• Like 2

But the engine mount bolts are stretch bolts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cheers people.

I have Everything sorted now.

I Got my Clutch kit today, and I have a Local Reputable Garage fitting my clutch, and cam belt kit including new water pump , tensioner, they are supplying all this and all parts for 460 notes,Oh and a gear oil change, to be honest for a garage that's not a bad price I think, Obviously I am  supplying the clutch kit,

I would do it my self, but with the cats and dogs falling from the sky, its not a good idea!!!

Cheers Drew,

Edited by drew_smith

Engine mount bolts are atretch bolts and are 1 use only !! Most reuse but for the cost fit new !!

Can imagine the fun of asking for them at dealers, really need to get my copy of etka back on my new laptop

• 1 month later...