Pasty Wagon Accident

PastyBoy

Sad day but i think the pasty wagon is going to be written off.

A Freelander took a particular liking to it this morning and tried to mount it out of a side junction on my commute this morning.

Impact in front wing just before or on the wheel but my forward momentum has carried the damage down the front door, rear door and rear 3 quarter. 

Given the high mileage & age of the car and the extensive amount of visible damage (let alone unseen suspension squashage) i can't see how it'll be viable for them to repair it.

Not to say i won't be able to buy it back cheap and get it sorted but who knows.

Gutted bud!

Thats what you get for trying to fight a landy! saw one a couple of weeks ago do the same thing to a lassie in a pole, bits of her car were stuck all over the landy, her car was obviously written off and the landy looked good as new!

hope there were no injuries!

Sorry to see this Cliff. :(

All that panel work and the front wheel being a bit wonky does look like a write off to me.

New Pasty Wagon needed for How Fast? then!

That's a compete sickener Cliff.

Weirdly I feel most upset to see such a big chunk out of your lovingly restored gold alloys.  Horrid to see the "wagon" in such a bad way.

I really hope however it happens that you manage to get some kind of good outcome from this mate.  This is one insurance claim where I wouldn't have any qualms about the victim receiving a healthy whip lash payout.

RIP Pasty Wagon

• Like 1

yeah i can see it now

"Parkers/Glasses says this car is worth about 2 grand"

"yup"

"and it needs 2 new doors, a new front wing, body work to the rear 3/4 panel, potential new corner of front suspension, new alloy"

"yup"

"here's a cheque"

"thanks"

Story of the event

i was travelling in to work on a straight single carriage way a road through a village at 30mph.

the car in front of me was turning left into the side road Mrs Freelander was pulling out of.

Said side road has a "slip road/filter lane" of sorts so he indicates and moves in to that....and presumably flashing the Freelander out.

I drive past the pulling in car just as she pulls out and ploughs into the side of me.

Damage to my car as per the above.

Damage to hers extended to a broken front corner of her bumper, knocked her number plate off, and that was it

However internally given the front impact the airbags deployed shaking her right up.

Exchanged details and all seems to be progressing swimmingly so far.

Hire car with me some time shortly and garage out to collect and inspect the car in due course.

Can't see how she can argue liability, she pulled out without giving way, and without checking the road was clear to cross the lane of traffic, case closed.

We'll see how things develop i guess.

As long as you got pics showing the road and vehicle you should be laughing (with regards to the claim anyway) as you were clearly on the main route and the Freelander was on the side road.

I can always lend you a Yeti for How fast. :)

Hopefully they'll put you in a hire car for now, or make sure you have access to alternative transport.

• Like 2

no pictures at the scene (my phone died) and given both cars were still both driveable (of sorts) we just cleared the carriageway as soon as she's recovered from the airbag hit anyway.

Happened here - i do the road boh ways 5 days a week and have seen probably a dozern shunts at this junction in 3 years with it being closed on multiple other occasions when i've been diverted.

In the words of Mysteeq - No-no-notorius! ;)

shurdi-badgeworthlaneroad_zps7d85a327.jp

car in front of me pulled in to the filter lane on the left and presumably flashed her out, i drove past it, she pulled out into the side of me

Should be open and closed, hopefully.

She actually works in insurance at a firm not 500 yards down the road so seemed to know they'd right both cars off (02 Freelander) and that she was in fault.

However i guess being surrounded by industry insiders in her ear may convince her otherwise.

Only way i guess she could be prickly would be if she said i went down the chevrons in the centre of the road i guess...we'll see

sorry to see this, Cliff. Gutted for you. It was a dozy old woman in a Freelander who rear ended mine last year. Must be something about them and Fabias :(

Here's hoping you get a good outcome.

Which you are in your rights to do as it isnt a solid white line?

I wasn't sure hence that being the only sticking point i could come up with

If you need a Fabia, I keep saying I am selling mine ;)

That my friend would be a fantastic idea we'll see how things develop :thumbup:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Pasty :(

Hope you get everything sorted quickly, efficiently and that you are not injured in anyway.

It must be something about Fabia's are they magnetic? My buddies other half had her Fabia hit this morning too, however only the back door and back wing, in the same scenario you've just described.

Main thing is neither yourself or the other driver were badly hurt. If she'd pulled out a fraction of a second earlier she'd have belted you square on rather than with a glancing blow so it could have been a lot worse.

I'd take Richard up onhis offer... he's always got a car to spare somewhere.... you could suggest a 'lucky dip'

Hope your claim goes smoothly and you get a decent result.

I'm sure The Highway code says that you should not enter the hatched area unless it is safe to do so, that's where it's open to interpretation and 'stories'. Fingers crossed you got a suitable witness but I'd guess at some sort of shared blame as the insurance companies spread the pain.

Nontheless, I'm glad you weren't hurt! a bit cliche but metal can be replaced!

Ah well at the moment it's being processed as a claim against her, she was liable as she drove into the side of me.

Should someone argue different we'll leave it to the insurance companies to decide.

Besides it was safe for me to drive in the hatched area; or at least would have been had she not pulled out into the side of me! :D

I'm impressed with making insurance clamis so far though.

Hire car has arrived already.

I'm guessing when they attempted like-for-like replacement with the Fabia they saw the brand and stopped there.

'13 plate Rapid :thumbup:

Assuming a the size of the TSI lump under the bonnet it's a lowly 1.2 buy hey it'll get me to work and back until things are sorted

IMAG0513_zps1e721691.jpg

and maybe if it's good enough maybe i'll buy one :wonder:

• Like 1

Sorry to see this :(

I would hope her not 'giving way' as per the signs would put the blame fully on her, BUT I was told by a traffic cop that some insurance companys will say if you are in the centre on the chevrons you do so at your own risk, and will try to use it against you.

they are there as a warning, but you are not breaking the law going in there as the lines are not solid.

Assuming a the size of the TSI lump under the bonnet it's a lowly 1.2 buy hey it'll get me to work and back until things are sorted

It could e 86 or 105bhp, plus the Rapid is lighter than the Mk1 Fabia VRs isn't it?

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully you'll get everything sorted sharpish though.