Pasty Wagon Accident

PastyBoy

Putting the registration in an insurance comparison site has it down as a 86 bhp-er

never mind i'm sure it's a very lovely place to be.

Just need to remeber not to reverse it into the garage and squash our bikes with the boot! :D

• Like 1

Unlucky Cliff, main thing is you are un hurt, I am sure another car can be sourced as they have not stopped making them. Hope your pay out is not insulting.

You need to buy back the Fabia as the new turbo will still be shiny!!

• Like 1

Given the high mileage & age of the car and the extensive amount of visible damage (let alone unseen suspension squashage) i can't see how it'll be viable for them to repair it.

Not to say i won't be able to buy it back cheap and get it sorted but who knows.

Deffo consider taking the money and buy it back cheap to fix!

Thanks for all the kind messages.

As said just glad that everythign is ok and hpefully the insurance will go smoothly and things will get sorted.

Thing i'm most amazed about it that this thread i s2 pages and 35 comments in and no vultures have circled asking about the parts.

Maybe this place has turned over a new leaf for 2014 :D

Er u selling parts then?

Lol

• Like 1

Well i have 312s, a front strut brace (which i guess may now be a little bit bent) a Jabba rear anit-roll bar, a PD160 intake, and a Recaro interior that'd it'd be terrible to see go to waste ; ) but normally a written off car thread is enough of a reason for people to drop the odd probing question :D

Thanks for all the kind messages.

As said just glad that everythign is ok and hpefully the insurance will go smoothly and things will get sorted.

Thing i'm most amazed about it that this thread i s2 pages and 35 comments in and no vultures have circled asking about the parts.

Maybe this place has turned over a new leaf for 2014 :D

see post #10 :D

• Like 4

I reckon Jason would get that scratch out with his buffer thingy he had at the mega meet sat year  :happy:    Might even be a viable repair, a few panels, I am not convinced the steering/suspension is knackered

Has screen cracked?

Could have pillar damage looking at how deep the wing/door are pushed in,the quarter panel will write it off on its own before you look at replacing bolt on parts.

Has screen cracked?

Could have pillar damage looking at how deep the wing/door are pushed in,the quarter panel will write it off on its own before you look at replacing bolt on parts.

all glass in intact which is pretty amazing but as said the damage to all panels down the passenger side should in theory be enough to make the cost of repair greater than the worth of the vehicle but as said we'll know more once they've inspected it

You're not hurt, that's the main thing.  If you entered the hatched area, I assume that it would have been to take evasive action in an attempt to avoid a collision.

having checked the highway code rule #130 says

Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.

• If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.
  • If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.

Bullet point 1 applies in this case as the lines are broken, so the only ambiguity is the word "necessary".

They may argue that rather than encroaching into the hatched area i could have slowed behind the turning off vehicle rather than overtaking him.

I guess we'll see

• Like 1

Anyone know what the deal is with removing parts from a car before it gets taken away for inspection?

it's sat in the work car park awaiting a call from the garage about collection

Assuming that'll be Monday am I in my rights to take out/off bits before hand that i would want to potentially buy back should they write it off?

Really sorry to hear about this, pity they didn't get the details of the **** that also signalled okay to pull out who was part at fault.

Although the other **** that was rest rest of the fault as the driver is just as bad since flashing is confirmed by the highway code as a warning to let you know "I am here" not "lets have a party in the central reservation quick last one theres a loser, any risk of life and limb" - no suggestion of giving way to others

Regarding the chevrons they are the insurance not the police - were you not acting to avoid an incident by trying to avoid the car pulling out which you would have otherwise been impossible to break to avoid - and led to more serious injuries otherwise? I would put that in your statement that you had to swerve to try and avoid ?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Sorry to hear of this.

As were on the topic of roadcraft/code. I actually thought that flashing lights was not technically a 'go on then' more it's actually a I'M HERE.

I know 99% of people treat it as a courtesy... I use them to alert others,  I'm coming through, or I'm overtaking you ; somewhat less used since buying the citigo though that one, but I don't use a quick flash unless slowing and I'm in control of the road, i.e. blocking it.

The hashed chevons, bah necessary and safe to do so... Again I'm under the impression you can enter if safe, e.g. completing or starting an overtake. But if observed doing so, necessary is subjective so the officer could very well be having a case of the mondays. Solids yeah bad form to touch them.

So based on my assumptions, her pulling out in response to an alerting of danger close flash is another nail.

Good luck and fingers crossed better comes of it.