heater only blowing on high..keeps blowing heater resistor

heater only blowing on high..keeps blowing heater resistor..hi guys/girls...ive had this problem few weeks now and its getting colder...im hoping someone can help..I've read most thing about this issue on the forum..theres not much on it but I'm hopping for some help..im after wiring diagram for the heater if anyone can help?? i think its a wiring fault..it keeps blowing the 40amp fuse on high now..changed everything else...thanks

Edited by duffyman

Hello, I once found this on the HonnestJohn Skoda Octavia review:

Four speed rotary switch for ventilation fan has problems running only on full speed. A resistor component that connects into to the fan circuit fails. As well as replacing the resistor, a repair also needs to be made to part of a wiring loom and costs £200 - £250. May or may not be the same chafed cable problem above.

You can check it here, in the eleventh row: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/skoda/octavia-2004/?section=good

One Octavia that I saw when I was looking to buy a car had this.

Gonçalo. 

• 2 months later...