Easy parcel shelf fix - no tools or holes required!

Allicia8

The distance from clip to bung is 51cm.  I started with a piece of string approximately 80cm long - this will allow for loops and knotting.

• Like 1

To be honest when I first picked up the car two weeks ago I was thinking to myself, I wonder what all the fuss is about regarding the parcel shelf.

1000 Miles on I have to be honest there has been some times where I have felt the urge to rip the whole thing out the car lol.

I will be trying out this modification very soon me thinks, thanks Allicia8 :thumbup:

• Like 1

I can see how this ingenious little mod lifts the shelf when the tailgate is opened, but my real problem is lifting the shelf into the locked position and forgetting it is there. Transporting my dogs I will leave the shelf up when they are in the boot, and it's when they have gone that the shelf gets left up.

Nice mod though!

Another guy I've seen on the UP forum has used 2 MK6 Golf parcel shelf laces and 2 hooks and fitted them in the coventional way. Looks very OEM :)

I would have to go this way too

Id be too embarrassed if I lifted my boot in front of anyone and they saw this

Guess Im just a snob

Top marks for ingenuity though :)

• Like 1