Custom wiring loom for heated seats?

Hi all,

Long time viewer, first time poster. Just wanted to quickly say what a breath of fresh air it's been being part of this forum - such a knowledgeable and friendly bunch of people!

This question relates to the heated seats in the Mk1 octavia - I've seen a few posts relating to others who have also been trying to retrofit heated Recaros into their VRS. Along with a few other members I've now found out first-hand that the wiring loom available on Kufatec definitely isn't the correct one! (it's actually for a Golf/ Bora which has the separate switches). I've been hunting around for ages now trying to find a wiring loom from either an Elegance or an L&K model that would fit the single control in the dash, but with no luck! 

Is there anyone out there that knows of, or would be able to create a custom wiring loom that would fit the single switch intended for the Mk1 Octy? Apparently the Golf/ Bora looms come with a relay attached which would need to be added to the Skoda loom for everything to work correctly?

Thanks in advance!

It's odd, the wiring loom from Kufatec is actually labelled for 'Bora/ Golf' and makes no mention of the Octavia. The switch that I've got is the single unit with the roll switches for both driver and passenger in one. 

Demonufo, it's not out of the question, but I quite like the idea of everything fitting in the dash as it's supposed to. Is there anywhere I could mount Bora/Golf switches without cannibalising the dash?

It can't be complicated. Maybe one day I'll get around to wiring my S3 seats in, and grab a loom, plus both sets of switches so I can figure out what the difference is, although I suspect it can only be down to connections if the loom already has the relays in. The Octy switch still has two seperate controls (or at least, the ones that I have seen), so I don't see what difference there can be, other than how to actually connect them. Electrics are my main thing (well, electronics actually) but I've never even bothered looking into this to be honest to figure out what needs doing, since I'm lazy when it comes to my own vehicle. :D

Have you actually got the Octavia switch?

There are a few available from German Ebay. None in the UK for some reason

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=SITZHEIZUNG+octavia&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XSitzheizung+Schalter++octavia&_nkw=Sitzheizung+Schalter++octavia&_sacat=0