What's Your Mileage on Your VRS?

Naths vRS

61 plate 31k no need to worry if its a goodun and well serviced shouldnt be any issues. Im aiming to do over 100k which will take a few years at which point any depreciation costs etc will not be a factor. It should last until then if properly maintained. Im doing the maintenance ahead of skoda recommendations hence 8k of oil before 30k for plugs and airfilter etc......

• Like 4

See what I mean. lol.  Yours is only 6 months newer and less miles.

Think of getting a 2nd car just to keep the miles off a bit and use Fabia for shows/nice weather etc. :/  But at the same time, I've got a voice in the back of my head saying: "Cars are there to be driven, and if it's serviced and looked after then there's no problems in the long run".

Partner has a June 2011 Hatch- 40000 plus miles - 6months left on warranty -oil, usage a fraction above norm I would think, other than that runs without a hiccup.

Commutes on Wiltshire A roads daily 60 mile round trip and she drive a brisk motor-typical Redhead.

She loves it to bits.

She just wishes that the MK 3 WOULD HAVE A 180 BHP DIESEL  for her to change 2014/5.

Highest mileage Twincharger i have seen is a 2009 Ibiza on 86,000 miles, original engine.

Its owner tells me  it needs 0.5 of a litre of oil every 500 miles. But runs great.

But it has lived a life of being thrashed and he is the 3rd owner.

george

Why,

We know nothing about the 70,000 mile car it might be on its 3rd engine.

You just go on gut feeling, if you know yours is a good car, and you service it, then you just hope it carries on as it is now.

Good Petrol & Good Oil, and good Spark Plugs and hopefully it will do the high miles OK.

• Like 1

Why,

We know nothing about the 70,000 mile car it might be on its 3rd engine.

You just go on gut feeling, if you know yours is a good car, and you service it, then you just hope it carries on as it is now.

Good Petrol & Good Oil, and good Spark Plugs and hopefully it will do the high miles OK.

But it has made it to 70K :)

That's got to be worth something.

Mine is a June 2010 and 44k give or take

It will be interesting to see how the mk2's fare against the mk1's. Will people be keeping hold of them for 10 years and hitting 200k miles? Can we be THAT confident in these little machines? Will there become a stage where they become uneconomical to maintain?

I would love to have mine 5 years + from now ... just not sure if it will be viable...

Edited by austenw90
  • Like 1

I have chosen the one i am keeping into the future,

but i would doubt by 10 years old it will have covered 60,000 miles. It will get TLC between each torture session.

New or nearly new car available for near £14,000 and lasts 10 years, even if only 6 years, then that is cheap motoring/fun.

Will the Government let us continue to drive cars with high emissions in another 3 years time,

or will they price them off the road and drive you towards the Green Machines?

Dirty Diesels are a whole different kettle of fish in longevity, and Euro 4 engines or pre PDF even more so.

The Government will need to have Diesel Still selling,

and the new Euro 6 Diesels like like being small engines. I doubt i will ever have a Modern Diesel into the future.

Not that "she who......" would ever entertain one but I would love to double up the Fabia-ness in our household.

Unless you needed a really big boot for load lugging there's not much you couldn't get done with a good Mk1 and likewise Mk2 Fabia.

I am still surprised what a well looked after Mk1 Fabia vRS LE will fetch.

• Like 3

I have chosen the one i am keeping into the future,

but i would doubt by 10 years old it will have covered 60,000 miles. It will get TLC between each torture session.

New or nearly new car available for near £14,000 and lasts 10 years, even if only 6 years, then that is cheap motoring/fun.

Will the Government let us continue to drive cars with high emissions in another 3 years time,

or will they price them off the road and drive you towards the Green Machines?

Dirty Diesels are a whole different kettle of fish in longevity, and Euro 4 engines or pre PDF even more so.

The Government will need to have Diesel Still selling,

and the new Euro 6 Diesels like like being small engines. I doubt i will ever have a Modern Diesel into the future.

These "Eco" cars don't seem to be all they are made out to be.

I've got a Micra courtesy car at the moment. It is the DIG-S model with an auto box and 3 cylinder supercharged petrol engine I think. They claim combined mpg of 68 and 95g/km CO2 emissions. It seems to struggle to get much above 40, which is about the same as my vRS with 50% higher emissions and a claimed combined figure of about 45mpg.

It all just seems like a massive con IMO.

On my previous commute I used my old 2009 2.0 Bravo 165hp Diesel which achieve around about 45-50mpg if driven normally over the 50 mile round trip against a claimed 55mpg combined and emmisions of 138g/km I think. On a few ocassions I took the same trip in a 1.3 (85bhp) diesel Punto with a claimed combined mpg figure of 80mpg and emissions of 90g/km. It didn't get much above 50mpg.

Anyone who buys cars now based on these claimed figures must be really disappointed...

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/real-world-mpg-small-cars-beat-60mpg/1214063

It always amuses me when a Prius driver hounds past me on the motorway doing 90mph. If they are going to do that then what is the point in buying a car focused on saving the world...

Edited by austenw90

• 1 month later...

March 2011 and it has done 9180 miles, hardly anything! 

Yeti on the other hand had 116,000 miles in just 30 months.

You buy a car to use so use it and worry not.

• Like 2

Wootoast,

Nice thread revival, but thats a kind of different car and engine from 'Naths vRS'.

He just needs to keep to Service schedules though like with every vehicle,

& feed it good Fluids & Filters (put in the correct oil & 98 RON Petrol or better)

and watch the Spark Plugs are changed when required or sooner.

george

• Like 1