What's Your Mileage on Your VRS?

Naths vRS

Not that "she who......" would ever entertain one but I would love to double up the Fabia-ness in our household.

Unless you needed a really big boot for load lugging there's not much you couldn't get done with a good Mk1 and likewise Mk2 Fabia.

I am still surprised what a well looked after Mk1 Fabia vRS LE will fetch.

Mk1.....Mmmmmmmmmmm........dreamy.....

• Like 1

There are a few Ibiza's and Polo's for sale on autotrader with close to 80,000 miles and still priced in the region of £6k.

The 180 variant of this engine has only been out 3/4 years and it isn't really a car people probably buy to do huge mileage. However look for say an Alfa Mito (released 2008) very few if any on autotrader with over 100k miles even diesels.

What are people's thoughts on driving the vRS MK2 out of warranty? At least if it did develop a thirst for oil then you could still trade it in and get a fairly decent return.

30/09/10 (60 plate) 19,800

Now 20,200 so I've only done 400 miles in the last month and a half! However, I've got a few trips lined up now we're into longer days and milder weather.

61 plate 2012 it's done 18,900ish miles 6,000 of those I did in just over a year driving 4-5 miles to the corner shop 20 yards away because it's such a great car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30,566 Miles.  

Built May 2010, so one of the first. Registered July.

Original Engine. 1.4 TSI CAVE.

OEM everything apart from consumables, Pads, Oil, Plugs and Filters, all better than Skoda Items.

Latest VAG ECU Update applied March 2014,

Makes for a very Smooth Engine & Gearbox & quiet.

Average over past 10,000 miles pretty near 40 mpg for each gallon of 99 RON.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

35000 WAS WHEN MY PARTNER'S JULY 11 PLATE STARTED TO SHOW SIGNS OF INCREASED OIL CONSUMPTION.

New engine at 43000.

New member on here has it now.

Sorry to be slightly negative.

Edited by vrskeith

35000 WAS WHEN MY PARTNER'S JULY 11 PLATE STARTED TO SHOW SIGNS OF INCREASED OIL CONSUMPTION.

New engine at 43000.

New member on here has it now.

Sorry to be slightly negative.

Hi vrskeith

Don't worry about being negative about these cars mate - just about nothing you could say could make things worse.  I haven't ever seen an enthusiasts forum before that is so negative about one model in the range like this.  If I was absolutely depending on one car I would not have bought this model purely based on the views of the folk on this forum.  As insurance my wife has a new Suzuki and we only need one car - a 2nd car is an indulgence (and in the case of the vRS an enjoyable one)

• Like 1

I've never encountered anything like it either!

I should really avoid this forum because the constant negativity is depressing - often from people who have never owned one (criticism from past / present owners who have had problems I can more than understand). I had a MKI vRS - the reason I joined here - but I have not troubled the MKI forum once since I got shot of it. Quite why people need to get the boot in (again and again) is bizarre - I wouldn't wander into another (model specific) forum to repetitively tell people they've bought a **** car - it's a complete lack of manners.

Spot on.

Mine is a 61 plate and done 44000 miles. 22000 just in the last 9 months.

• Like 1

Hi Brian

With all the negativity I was going to start a thread to find out the highest mileage vrs just to see if any actually make it to a reasonable mileage without needing a new engine or two. I searched just in case someone had started one previously and found this thread.

From the stats here it doesn't look like anyone has closed in towards 100,000 yet and at 35K I'm pretty high up in the stats and I've just bought the car now - as a going concern, when many folk have long since abandoned theirs because they don't trust them!

Hi Brian

With all the negativity I was going to start a thread to find out the highest mileage vrs just to see if any actually make it to a reasonable mileage without needing a new engine or two. I searched just in case someone had started one previously and found this thread.

From the stats here it doesn't look like anyone has closed in towards 100,000 yet and at 35K I'm pretty high up in the stats and I've just bought the car now - as a going concern, when many folk have long since abandoned theirs because they don't trust them!

I'm sure sharkrider easily hit 50,000 in his first vRS. With my annual mileage it's likely I'll die before the car - first registered 30/09/10 and it has just scraped over 22,000 miles.

I've seen a twin-charge Polo GTi for sale with 70,000 on the clock.

Mines on 19,500 july 2011 3rd owner oil consumption minimal but agree with George good fuel,oil and I think plugs and coils use the best you can afford and no harm in changing earlier as easy job and not too expensive saves miss-fires and possible broken engine.