The only car that will tempt me out of a Yeti

I had a brief look at the configurator as well for the scout 4x4 as a possible change when my Yeti gets to 3 years. As Johann states the price is more than a tad lofty but when you spec up VW or AUDI to the same spec it does not look quite so bad, still too expensive though. The kit you get with the Yeti Elegance and L&K still makes it a far better choice for value although by the time I get around to changing Yeti II may be out and that may look like an antiseptic dropped pie compared to my classic snow monster with lots of character. We shall see...

• Like 1

Haha...  just looked at my opening post in this thread... I predicted a decent spec Scout to cost £34,000...  and what does my ideal one work out at:

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/57220205

On the dot and exactly £34,000 Funny. (and no I did not spend hours adding and deleting options to get that amount! It is really just the one I'd like)

Soooooooooo, an audi a4 allroad then?
  • Like 1

Hi Johann et al

Hope you are all well.

Been today to the D M Keith's Huddersfield VIP event (Yorkshire Skoda Overlords with a lack of competition je pence!).

Enquired to trade Yorkie in (He will be 3 at the end of October and as the sales bloke said immaculate) for a same spec 170 Dsg new Elegance,and with only 19000 miles on the clock he's only worth £14000 with a cheque for £13000 to complete the deal!

Nuf said I prefer the old look, best car I have owned and may consider a two year warranty extension for just over £600 which I understand is now a Skoda warranty?

Would have more money than sense to trade Yorkie in I think, love him to bits.

Cheers

Peter.

• Like 1

Soooooooooo, an audi a4 allroad then?

Yup. Škoda is basically pushing us to the Drivethedeal counter to buy an Allroad A4 and to get change from £34,000 to boot!!!

• Like 1

I've done 12k in my allroad now, the ride is amazing, and in my opinion looks awesome too... I've had 5 skoda's in the past and even though I know there the same parts, some how, it is a much better car....

Yup. Škoda is basically pushing us to the Drivethedeal counter to buy an Allroad A4 and to get change from £34,000 to boot!!!

Whatcar says: 'The pedals are badly offset on right-hand-drive A4s'. I take it you don't agree (or at least the pedal positions are acceptable)?

Whatcar says: 'The pedals are badly offset on right-hand-drive A4s'. I take it you don't agree (or at least the pedal positions are acceptable)?

This is not an issue, this is the first time I've ever heard of it........

No doubt a worthy car but not  comparable in size to a Yeti - I wouldn't know what to do with all that length. JMO.

(I've given up on Bob rising to the bait... :( )

We are comparing the very long Octy Scout to the Audi A4 Allroad here Brijo...  nothing to do with the very short Yeti.  :happy:

But looking at this list:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/new-cars/whats-most-elderly-car-model-sale-uk

The A4 also happens to be one of the oldest in the tooth and need of replacement platforms on the market...  Hence the discounts I guess.  Still a beautiful car with a lovely interior mind.

The A4 also happens to be one of the oldest in the tooth and need of replacement platforms on the market...  Hence the discounts I guess.  Still a beautiful car with a lovely interior mind.

Whilst it's been around for 7 years, it's still a lot of car for the money and with discounts at those levels, it makes dipping into the (exceeding long) options list affordable too or even adding 1000cc's and two extra cylinders to get the 245 with DSG!

Whilst it's been around for 7 years, it's still a lot of car for the money and with discounts at those levels, it makes dipping into the (exceeding long) options list affordable too or even adding 1000cc's and two extra cylinders to get the 245 with DSG!

100% agree...  it's still a lovely car inside and out and I would definitely consider one when you look at the ridiculous money Škoda wants for a mere SE trim level Scout. 

I shall watch the arrival of the Seat IBX  SUV with interest, when it's due in 2016.

My excellent Skoda dealer just happens to have a Seat franchise  around the corner. :nerd:

But it is just another QQ blob!!!

seat-ibx-11.jpg

70283-seat%20tribu%2011.jpg

SeatTribu2013.jpg

It has zero style in my book...

Same with the new horridly named SEAT Leon x-Perience:

2015-SEAT-Leon-X-Perience-Is-Gravel-Read

2014_seat_leon_x_perience_03-0624.jpg

Neither of those SEATs can tempt me.

I too quite like the Seat Leon x-Perience.

It'll be interesting to see how it compares in cost to a MkIII Scout after figuring in dealer discounts.

Whilst I appreciate it is smaller it isn't that disimilar in looks.

Id also admit to liking the style of the Leon ST and the awd versions - quite a lot actually. The offer very good value for money too but a number of owners seem to be having general build quality issues - rattling door cards, that sort of thing. Having driven the A4 and A6 Allroads id certainly not entertain the A4 - the A6 can be had for not much more via brokers and is so much nicer to be in. In fact, the Audi sale person at Audi Stansted is the only sales guy to admit to me he'd buy a competitors product - a 3 series instead of an A4 but truly believes every other BMW model to be inferior now to the Audi equivalent!

I too quite like the Seat Leon x-Perience.

It'll be interesting to see how it compares in cost to a MkIII Scout after figuring in dealer discounts.

Whilst I appreciate it is smaller it isn't that disimilar in looks.

Prices:

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/08/seats-new-awd-leon-x-perience-from.html

So you should be able to get the prices from a dealer already then?

Id also admit to liking the style of the Leon ST and the awd versions - quite a lot actually. The offer very good value for money too but a number of owners seem to be having general build quality issues - rattling door cards, that sort of thing. 

Easy to explain.  The Leon is built in Spain and the Scout in Czech.  More than that I won't say - but go look up any JD Power Quality survey on cars and the bottom, bottom of the list (well just above ANY Land Rover that is) is the Spanish built cars (Mercedes V-class, Ford Galaxy, Ford S-Max).  Will I buy a car made there?  Not likely...  And guess where the new SEAT SUV is going to be built?  Yes in the Yeti factory in Czech... I wonder why.   :happy:

• Like 2

Prices:

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/08/seats-new-awd-leon-x-perience-from.html

So you should be able to get the prices from a dealer already then?

Drivethedeal have had the pricing up for just over 10 days now and they are already offering between £2200 and £2800 off depending on specific trim level.  A 22k start price makes it very good vfm if this is the sort of vehicle you are after. :)

Drivethedeal have had the pricing up for just over 10 days now and they are already offering between £2200 and £2800 off depending on specific trim level.  A 22k start price makes it very good vfm if this is the sort of vehicle you are after. :)

However, taking the top trim level (180hp and DSG) and adding just the two packs mentioned in the link I sent, bags you a £32,105 SEAT...  and then it's still short a fair few of the options I added to the Scout I configured...  which in turn will make the SEAT very close to £34,000 too...  IF you can even get said options.

So cheaper?  Hardly.  Just uglier it seems.

DTD have the Seat with the CR180, DSG, technology and lux packs for £26198. A CR184 Scout with (as far as I can tell) the same gubbins (and thus all the bits I'd want) is £27,829. For £1700 I'd probably have the Scout.

You will get that £1,700 back AMPLY come resale time, when the Scout will be worth a fair bit more than the SEAT.

Dtd allroad, £25175..... I know I harp on about it but ,the prices your all talking about are ridiculous....... I know it's an old model, soon to be replaced , but really £34k on a car that's lower in the pecking order of the vag group? And yes there are arguments for newer model and whatever else you want to split a hair about, but this has to be a no brainer...... And yes I do still have a skoda and really like them but I also know a better car when I drive one....

Dtd allroad, £25175..... I know I harp on about it but ,the prices your all talking about are ridiculous....... I know it's an old model, soon to be replaced , but really £34k on a car that's lower in the pecking order of the vag group? And yes there are arguments for newer model and whatever else you want to split a hair about, but this has to be a no brainer...... And yes I do still have a skoda and really like them but I also know a better car when I drive one....

I guess it depends on what you look for in a car. Certainly for me, the MQB platform cars are just nicer in the way they feel on the road - more agile with nicer turn in. The interior of the A4 is very nice indeed but overall I find it a fairly cramped car, particularly for rear luggage space. Boot space is far better in the ST and Octy also but the packaging is where the newer cars have moved on fairly considerably. To me, the A4 is a bit of a dinosaur tbh and the cost of options when you level the playing field just makes it too expensive for what it is imo, not even adding the posh stuff, just the stuff I consider a necessity on a 25-30k car ie it comes with cloth seats (!!) - if you want leather then its £1200 (or £3100 if you want the comfort leather seats), £1100+ for xenons, £220 for Drive Select, electric folding mirrors - nearly £300, £175 for Bluetooth phone prep... Your price example isnt like for like with DSG either... Nope, I reckon the newer MQB platforms using the latest audio of communications platform (the A4 sat nav compared to the new A3 satnav and the B&O (really disappointing) compared to the superb B&O setup in the MQB A3) are far better value imo and that's before I even consider my experiences of Audi v's Skoda dealers and the fact the residuals will get hit hard when the all new model is launched in six months time). If I was limited to 25k and it had to have an Audi badge sitting on the grill, id be looking at the new A6 Ultra Avant. :)