"You're too young to be driving around in a Skoda estate.........."

64 and still acting like a spoilt "yoof" we'll only when I can't get my own way :0)

Who said today's youngsters are not descerning, well done lads you obviously know a good buy when you see it.

First Skoda was 110R second hand, bought it for my wife great fun as one of the steering joints stiffened up and the only way she could get home was to plan a route with left turns only.......I think she has finally forgiven me

63, but I only swapped from an Octavia vRS when I was 60.

(Having been caught speeding a couple of times SWMBO said it was time I grew up)

• Like 1

I'm a chatty old guy, (thanks for the stereotype by the way.....) but I'm 400 miles away, so it wasn't me......

Not the oldest here @ 66 either, but I'm still not too sure about the car, it's a bit too sluggish & also too long for the average garage.

(We are currently house hunting & modern double garages are sized around smaller cars.) 

Still if I need a performance fix, I can borrow SWMBO's Octy, even though in Race Blue it's a bit too young for us!

DC

I got my first Skoda at 28 (Fabia VRS) - sold that a couple of christmas's ago. Now needing a bigger car (read estate or big hatch) due to a small accident meaning our 3rd child is on the way! (our others are 10 & 7 - though broken night sleppe and dirty nappies had passed by now!)

So looked at a Fabia Estate, we all fit. But dealer seems to have a bad rep, the car is on its 3rd engine & I'd end up £75 a month worse off. Looking at Octavia's lastnight. But also stumbled onto a few Superb II's coming in well under the £10K i'm looking to spend.

So sooner or later i'll be back in a Skoda again! (And i'm 34 now!)

Chronologically 60 but psychologically 30. Currently own a V6 Combi and Riley 2 1/2 Litre saloon. When I look back at cars I have owned I realise the Skoda is my first sensible car. Started with a Hillman Minx then a Holden Gemini. For 2 years I had a Dino Ferrari then did the big overseas trip. A couple of Fiat X1/9s plus a Fiat 130 then a Fiat Regatta (half sensible) saw the end of my Italian love affair. A German period of big engined BMW 3 Series and Audi A4s followed. They would have been sensible if I had not have had the those big engines and had chosen wagons instead of sedans. The Skoda is the biggest car I have owned since the Fiat 130; both V6s and exceedingly comfortable. My first station wagon and now I realise what I should have done all those years ago. We won't even go near the motorbikes that have slipped through my shed.....

I'm on car #50! in 16 years - drives my mrs spare & my parents demented. Just go to work in one car, have a browse through dealers locally and have ended up coming home with another car entirely. usually much to the disapproval of my father in law!

Hi guys!

Sweden is an Estate loving country so that is probably the choice for most people, and a lot of young families drive their Superb Estate's without anybody raising their eyebrows ... The only thing is that you, as a Skoda owner, don't like to pay money for pricy brands ... whatever that say about us ... However, I am 47 in a few weeks so I guess I qualify as a somewhat older guy driving my Skoda ... ;-)