Found a car - that will be a no then!

I've recently looked at Yeti's (boot sill too high to get my dog to jump in!) Fabia VRS Estate's (great car, but would need changed in 3 years as kids grow up & fuel bill would go up £75 a month!)

So now im onto Superb's - I'm 34, our 3rd child is on the way in June and we have a Labrador puppy. first of all. How is the boot for dogs? Big enough??

Found this one at Ingrams in Ayr - seems cheap (found cheaper at independant garages - one locally for £6500!)

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604171388

What should I be looking for? I already have a MK5 Jetta with the same engine - so remap will be done and a few styling tweaks (love some of the bits on superskoda!) wheels and maybe lowering a little.

I bought a Superb estate as a people/dogs machine

I have a 'crash resistant cage' in the rear of mine - for a Vizsla and a Weimaraner.

Lots of room - think about an estate !

...Also, if you can stretch to the CR (Common Rail) diesel it's far better than the PD, no offence to PD owners intended.

HTH,

Rob

Would agree as i have a CR Fabia, but be aware that if you do a lot of town or short runs, the DPF in the CR engine will clog up and it will cost you. PD's are somewhat ancient but they do work...... what ever driving you happen to do.

Looks a little pricey still.

Mine is almost identical, the only difference is mine is a year younger, common rail (CR) and has the LED tail lights.

I paid £12,500 for mine 9 months ago (an 11 plate - 2011) with 14,000 miles on it, so £9.5K for a 2010 model with almost 70,000 miles seems a little high?

The boot is big but the sloping rear screen won't be ideal for a dog. I'd go for an estate but appreciate they are rarer and more expensive.

The steel grey is a great colour for hiding the dirt though, and the 17's offer a nice comfy ride, but to be fair I've not driven an Elegance on 18's to compare, but I did come from an Octavia vRS.

You seem to have missed out Octavia's. Cavernous boots in hatch and estate form and plenty of room in the back. vRS estate PD 170 ;)

I noticed that too :-)

Masses of room in Superb estate version (got power boot too).

Saloon version is ok too, if dog is happy ...

Lowering, wheels and a remap?

Then u need the Superb V6 4x4 260bhp! :-)

18228F8A-2560-4995-B9F5-050020B71CF5-260

• Like 2

Needs to be the estate in my view. Won't be ideal for a grown Labrador, believe me!

Now that makes sense about the prices you'd found. Had assumed you'd only be looking at estates, with the dog requirement.

I would go for the estate to future proof your requirements. We use ours for our dog, a large GSD, all our camping stuff, and when it comes to buying large items it just swallows them up. You never know when you need that little extra space.

Know this might be a bit off, but have you considered a Ford S-Max? Had one prior to my Superb and it's a fantastic car (you can also get it with 7 seats). With the 3rd kid, you will love three full seats and the flexibility it provides. We outgrew it (kids being 14 & 16), and our Superb is also fantastic but with younger kids, I'd prefer the S-Max. Just an idea :happy:

Had a vw Touran last time - hated it. No more people carriers for me. Will extend my search to estates as well.

That I understand. Tried the Touran once, wasn't impressive at all. If you pass by a Ford dealer, you should give the S-max a chance anyway. They don't compare at all! If you choose a Superb, then you're absolutely also in for a treat. It drives like a dream  :happy:. Good hunting!

Going to stick the Superb definitely. Liking the size of the estate. Just not sure if the budget will stretch. £10k is my max!!

Found 1 early 2.0pd Elegance for £9500, but again higher mileage. May have to ask the olds to help out!! ;-)

Some other elegance spec motors for you to consider:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201307308059809

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201402151830200

And something out of left field (tho not sure what you'd do with the dog...) http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201402011482619

Edited by JakeBlade

I also wanted the estate version but well out of my price range.

I had an 04 Passat estate before, I've now got a 2009 Superb Elegance in steel grey with the 170 cr engine and DSG in steel grey.

We have an 8 yr old Labrador that gets on ok in back, slopping rear screen does restrict his movement if he sits up but we only ever take him for short trips.

I did consider another passat but the spec and rear passenger room of the superb for the money is amazing, great for my 15 and 17 year olds.

Good hunting

Found a black 1.8 TSI estate - it's in black with 20k on the clock at a main dealers (John Clark in Dundee) - just happened to be heading passed that way so dropped. It had just been p/x yesterday, so looked pretty dirty & lived in, honest enough car. Going to back and look on Monday next week to see it once it's been prepared - they want £12500 for it??

Any issue with the 1.8 I should watch for?? I know I'd prefer diesel, but estates in my range don't exists near me (but I did find an elegance 170 cr for £8900 on eBay, but it's all the way down in Leicester)

I've bought cars from this dealer and have been happy with the way they do business. The person to speak to would be Stuart, who has worked there for years. This dealership has a good name on this site.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/34738-a-l-s-autos-ely/

• Like 1