Found a car - that will be a no then!

If you can wait, stick it out for what you want at a price you want to pay. After a few months searching on Autotrader, ebay and car auction websites I finally found a 170 CR Elegance on a 59 plate with 74k on the clock and full Skoda service history for £9k. I guess I was lucky!!

ADT Auctions might be a good place to look. Chances are, you are going to have to travel to get what you want - we went 40 miles - but if it saves you £000s, it will be worth it. If you find any in the NW England, I'd be happy to check it out for you, but I'm no mechanic.

Good Luck

After further discussion & hunting through a few local dealer I've found this:-

ab4afb0190134adfd6c5664b0dd49c33_zps2675

3368f0fd78d3fa8527ab0f705580af4b_zps2313

It's a 2012 SE+ 2.0 170 CR - manual, but it's £15k!!! (Still got 1 years warranty, 2 services will be provided by the dealers, they will inc an mot in 12 months time & it's just had its 30k service & 4 new tyres.)

Means it's £4500 deposit the £200 a month for 42 months. I can then pay the remaining £4500 or trade it in for an estate then!!

Just need to convince the olds to lend me the deposit money!!! Don't think I'll have any problems doing that, my dad asked if he would get a discount if we bought 2 - he was that impressed!!!

Needs to be the estate in my view. Won't be ideal for a grown Labrador, believe me!Now that makes sense about the prices you'd found. Had assumed you'd only be looking at estates, with the dog requirement.

My huge Great Dane "Duke" all 15 stone of him loved travelling in my Superb's but definitely had a preference for the estate he used to lay in the back looking out the back at the people in cars behind the look of amazement on peoples faces was brilliant.

Went to the Arnold Clark earlier. Unfortunately one of the sales advisors had taken the car overnight, so wasn't there!!

Did look at these though:-

26c737d652cf69f927d1bdcd4288e61c_zps9832

Elegance 170CR 2.0 tdi, 47000 miles & it's a 4x4 for £13,988. But it's got a beige/cream leather & it's absolutely disgusting inside. Really dirty leather & grubby!! So that's. No

6d43dc47c8dc40d7dae50bb35d4e496d_zps28e6

SE 140CR 2.0 tdi, 9559 miles (!) & it's £12,988. Looks great at a distance, but roof paintwork has contaminant damage, lots of scratches down the bumper (from the boot) plus it's the wrong spec for me.

This last one I'm hoping to go and look at on Friday. It's a bit of an odd ball, but it's only 20 miles from my home.

db920be02475635f75669f602ca81c4f_zpsfa05

SE 140PD 2.0 tdi, 128000 miles & it's £6500!!!! Nice colour, PD can be mapped, wheels upgraded to a set of Phaeton rims I already have.

I'm going to keep hunting. I think I need to focus on an Estate. If I can't find one I like then I'll move back to a hatchback.

I found another few on auto trader with "black horse" - I may ask someone local to check a car out for me if they are free!!

I'm going to keep hunting. I think I need to focus on an Estate. If I can't find one I like then I'll move back to a hatchback.

I found another few on auto trader with "black horse" - I may ask someone local to check a car out for me if they are free!!

Bought mine from Black Horse.

Just beware they will not budge an inch on price or freebies! :-(

But car was ok.

And thy do their own servicing too - so check its a SKODA service history,

and not Black Horse stamped in the service book!

When do you need it by? I'll be selling mine in a few months time, just need to find out when my replacement will be ready. It's a 170 4x4 elegance estate Dec 2010 black, ~43-44K miles full dealer servicing and not missed a beat.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

So now im onto Superb's - I'm 34, our 3rd child is on the way in June and we have a Labrador puppy. first of all. How is the boot for dogs? Big enough??

How old are your kids? If they're still in fairly big car seats I don't think you'll get three across the rear bench. I've got a 4yo and 18mo old and there's not enough room for a third seat in the middle. Definitely worth checking for sure...

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Three across the back, in car seats or boosters, is a no-no in the Superb - it's just not wide enough. Two in boosters and a third without is manageable but access to the seat belts is tricky.

This is where the Superb lets itself down as the size lengthways (in terms of space and legroom) is disproportionate to the width.

Three across the back, in car seats or boosters, is a no-no in the Superb - it's just not wide enough. Two in boosters and a third without is manageable but access to the seat belts is tricky.

This is where the Superb lets itself down as the size lengthways (in terms of space and legroom) is disproportionate to the width.

3 adults in back is do-able!

But deffo NOT recommended!

Yes its narrow!

Hence i loved it for parking in my NARROW garage,

getting thru NARROW gaps,

Parking within NORMAL parking spots (narrow)

But still have the feel of a LARGE car :-)

It can be difficult finding a vehicle that will take 3 child seats across the back. They're just so wide now, with all the safety protection (no bad thing of course!)

Having been car shopping with my sister for a child friendly vehicle, it seemed to me that the only way was with an MPV-type, where you have separate seats. And even then it can be difficult to manoeuvre the middle one, and get it secured.

When do you need it by? I'll be selling mine in a few months time, just need to find out when my replacement will be ready. It's a 170 4x4 elegance estate Dec 2010 black, ~43-44K miles full dealer servicing and not missed a beat.

Cheers

Steve

How much would you be after??

So now im onto Superb's - I'm 34, our 3rd child is on the way in June and we have a Labrador puppy. first of all. How is the boot for dogs? Big enough??

How old are your kids? If they're still in fairly big car seats I don't think you'll get three across the rear bench. I've got a 4yo and 18mo old and there's not enough room for a third seat in the middle. Definitely worth checking for sure...

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

My girls are 10 & 7. Oldest is tall enough not to need a seat any longer. 7 year old just needs a booster.