headlight bulb

Hi guys,

my wifes Skoda Superb 2003 has a main beam bulb that has gone (bi xenons) dont want to spend a fortune as the cars nearly done 200,000 miles so really needs up grading :-(.

i found these? will these be ok

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-SUPERB-XENON-ICE-BLUE-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-HID-H7-H3-/330322373866?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ce8bf6cea

thanks in advance 

• 2 weeks later...

If you have bixenons then your main beam halogen is an H3 bulb, and it won't exactly break the bank whichever one you go for!

I have Osram nightbreakers, very good bulbs and only around £12 a pair delivered, no stupid blue coatings, just slight tint to take it to almost as white as xenon.

• 3 weeks later...

really need your urgent help guys,

as the wife was always saying that her lights were cr4p, i decided today to take the headlights apart and change the bulbs for brighter ones , and clean the lenses.

alls was ok, until i had rebuilt everything, now one of the lights only works intermittantly on low beam, turn the light switch a couple of times and it fires up

any ideas please as it going for its MOT on thrusday

Possibly dirty connector to the headlamp, especially if it flickers after lighting up. Undo, clean contacts, close, after closing wiggle connector a little to ensure good contact. Happened to me on Mk1 Octy. 

Edited by dieselV6