Skoda Superb parking buzzer

• 2 years later...

Did you have any luck in locating the buzzer? My PDC stopped operating around 4 months ago. Recently I had an after market trailer put on and the technician stated the Com tool indicated  there was an issue parking sensor beeper (lose wire or earth). However, whilst I have located the Parking Module (in the rear right hand boot space behind the side panel), I cannot locate the buzzer. I've tried rear quarter pillars, B pillars - can anyone help? Again 2010 MkII model.

Skoda Superb 2....

The sounder is located behind the instrument panel.

Part number 8E0 919 279

Easy to remove instrument panel and gain access to the sounder

Hope this helps

post-73225-0-44517700-1461666812_thumb.jpg

Edited by DCC

Thanks for the information. I removed the instrument panel, but there was no buzzer in that position (was the diagram for MkII?). There is a buzzer/speaker within the instrument cluster which operates when the lights are left on. This works ok. Not sure if this is typically the same buzzer as for the PDC or if there's a separate one somewhere else? Perhaps the diagnostic was incorrect and issue does not relate to the buzzer itself?

Yes the info is for a MKII.

I have done a couple of MKII superbs.... the sensor was behind the instrument panel..... maybe not in the exact position shown.

You will not see the sounder it's on the blind side... look out for the two plastic rivets... the sounder is behind.

The sounder when faulty goes open circuit.... it should measure about 50ohms.

.... It's a low profile mylar speaker.

Search for part number... 8E0 919 279 (Images) It looks exactly like pictures... common part used in many VW group cars.

Edited by DCC

Is it possible someone has replaced in the past?

It's a little awkward to secure the sounder back in place, maybe they have pushed it into a different location?.... limited by the wiring.

.... Take the steering column covers off to locate?

The Superbs I have replaced it on were 2011 (MY12) Combi models.

Just checked up... There are two locations noted...

One for the H22 version and one for the H15 version... no idea why there is a difference...

H15 Version...

"Remove rear moulded headliner → Body Work; Rep. gr.70 and carefully unhook a little towards the bottom.

– Slacken and remove button rivets -arrows-.

– Disconnect plug -1- and remove warning buzzer"

Hopefully this helps

post-73225-0-03404100-1461764957_thumb.jpg

Edited by DCC

Location resolved !......

4 - The warning buzzer for the front parking aid -H22-

q behind the dash panel insert

9 - The warning buzzer for the rear parking aid -H15-

q at the rear in the centre under the moulded headliner

post-73225-0-64014800-1461765953_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that - much appreciated. I have not taken the headliner off yet but was able to get sufficient access to the buzzer socket terminal from the back. Put a large 50Ohm resistor across the contacts and parking sensor was back again. Will buy part and replace. Many thanks again.

• 4 years later...

Hi 

Got same issue but the side trims are near impossible to unclip. They are plastic body with a metal clip. I seem to be able to get my fingers on the buzzer through the headliner but can't unclip the wire or buzzer. It's frustrating and infuriating why they put things where it's impossible to replace. Spoke to dealer and they said that they'll charge £56 just to perform diagnostic check. God knows how much they'll charge for the replacement.