So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Fitted my Carbonio CAI today. It's very loud, wasn't expecting it. Not to sure what I think of it atm may put the standard box on. Don't fancy drilling holes in the airbox either.

5lx8wo.jpg
SAI filter should be with me tomorrow so least it's covered.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT
  • Like 1

Fitted my Carbonio CAI today. It's very loud, wasn't expecting it. Not to sure what I think of it atm may put the standard box on. Don't fancy drilling holes in the airbox either.5lx8wo.jpg

SAI filter should be with me tomorrow so least it's covered.

Looks good though see if you get used to it. Think if I didn't need funds for other jobs I'd have probably bought that. Have you considered an 80mm pipe into the box? I've done that and definned the bottom without drilling holes in the bottom. Works pretty well.

• Administrators

Looks good though see if you get used to it. Think if I didn't need funds for other jobs I'd have probably bought that. Have you considered an 80mm pipe into the box? I've done that and definned the bottom without drilling holes in the bottom. Works pretty well.

I shall, I have always wanted one or at least some noise after being in my mates golf a few years back. As for the 80mm pipe, no I haven't. Got a picture of the mod YC?

I shall, I have always wanted one or at least some noise after being in my mates golf a few years back. As for the 80mm pipe, no I haven't. Got a picture of the mod YC?

It can be arranged, will get a pic but it's on the car, I didn't do a how to as I found one by Bowders when I was thinking of doing it. My 80mm pipe is the ramair one which is pretty beefy and there is literally just enough room to fit it in. The width of the existing inlet on the box is just about right so it's a case of maxing it out. Will get a couple of pics for you though.

well I've bitten the bullet , borrowed a grand and told the garage to get on and repair the head gasket, skim head, new timing belts, new cat, plus oil, anti-freeze engine flush filter etc etc etc, should get it back next week i just hope that I can fall in love with it again as much as I was before because I loved driving it before this latest mechanical setback but I know full well that if that old feeling does't return then I will be hankering for a new car and that would be a shame.

• Like 1

I've been putting off a long over due oil change, but fitted led puddle lights under the doors. Super cheap, super easy mod that's actually helpful! Also looking at the Wak box mod....even cheaper for a bit of extra air and noise.

Fitted new rear calipers, pads and those sliding pin things. Fitted handbrake release springs at the same time, passed the not retest. Received my new milotec rear diffuser today, now I have a brand new spare one

• Administrators

Well...... Since installing the Carbonio my Engine Management light has gone off which has been on for the past 3 months. Happy Days. :)

• Like 1

took advice from andy68 on this forum and took a heat gun to my black trim .  it makes a huge difference to the look of the car . 

Forget back to black and all that rubbish , heat gun all the way .

Will put up before and after pics whn i get a chance 

• Like 1

• Administrators

took advice from andy68 on this forum and took a heat gun to my black trim .  it makes a huge difference to the look of the car . 

Forget back to black and all that rubbish , heat gun all the way .

Will put up before and after pics whn i get a chance 

Might need to do it again in 6 months, but it's worth to use the back to black stuff on it to. :)

Edited by DeanVRS20VT
  • Like 1

Been fighting the urge to kick its teeth in

Whats up J, ? you love your care you don't want to have to repair the drive shaft then take it to the dentist???? :peek: . I got a message to say the garage had sent my heads off to be skimmed and the firm had gone on hol's the next day, I hope they had a 'kin' good time, meanwhile I have to wait an extra week  :devil:

I always recommend that when I am annoyed by something that medicine is taken, in my case I find that a substance very much the colour of cold tea is of great help, the more you have of it the less important the problem becomes, it's not that rose tea or lemon tea or any of that other rubbish stuff, no this is Scottish tea, sometimes known amongst the working classes as scotch, but don't be fooled like my wife once was before I convinced her otherwise, it is just cold tea but it remedies a myriad of problems as I am sure those nice Scottish people will tell you. :D

• Like 1

Whats up J, ? you love your care you don't want to have to repair the drive shaft then take it to the dentist???? :peek: . I got a message to say the garage had sent my heads off to be skimmed and the firm had gone on hol's the next day, I hope they had a 'kin' good time, meanwhile I have to wait an extra week  :devil:

I always recommend that when I am annoyed by something that medicine is taken, in my case I find that a substance very much the colour of cold tea is of great help, the more you have of it the less important the problem becomes, it's not that rose tea or lemon tea or any of that other rubbish stuff, no this is Scottish tea, sometimes known amongst the working classes as scotch, but don't be fooled like my wife once was before I convinced her otherwise, it is just cold tea but it remedies a myriad of problems as I am sure those nice Scottish people will tell you. :D

Ian mate the driveshaft is the least of my problems atm, I can live with it while I sort out strange codes, flashing lights and possibly dodgy connections and sensors....

• Like 1

Ian mate the driveshaft is the least of my problems atm, I can live with it while I sort out strange codes, flashing lights and possibly dodgy connections and sensors....

sounds more like flying saucers than your car Jon, any sign of water ingress near the fuse box, had that in my RS2000 once took ages to find the cause, hope you get it sorted quickly bud. and buy the mrs a nice bunch of flowers for all the bad moods you've been in!

sounds more like flying saucers than your car Jon, any sign of water ingress near the fuse box, had that in my RS2000 once took ages to find the cause, hope you get it sorted quickly bud. and buy the mrs a nice bunch of flowers for all the bad moods you've been in!

She'd get a bunch of flowers if she did sumink useful and fixed my car.

Fuse box dry as a bone and one on battery isn't melting.

She'd get a bunch of flowers if she did sumink useful and fixed my car.

Fuse box dry as a bone and one on battery isn't melting.

you really do sound fed up, it'snot your mrs's fault but she is the nearest person to take it out on, do any of the warning lights have the the same sensor group in common?remember sometimes it does good to have a fresh pair of eyes to have a look at the problem.

If you are wondering what i'm still dong up at this God forsaken time, too much pain to sleep, Dr's are going to put me on methadone and see if that reduces the pain, I always thought that was just for heroin addicts but apparently it helps with pain as well.

Have you had a chat with the lads on the forum to see if they have any suggestions? Good luck mate I think I shall go to bed now !   :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

well I have got the car back today after 3 weeks in the garage and after checking the sensor banks, fitting a new cat , replacing a split head gasket, getting the head skimmed and doing a whole list of work on the car the emissions fault turned out to be a bad map, £1105 worth of bad map when all parts and labour are taken into account, I am also 45bhp down because the ecu has been reset to factory settings so I guess I'll just have to save some money and try and get a proper map next year. One benefit is after all the work that has been carried out over the last 15 months I have a car that mechanically is nearly new and the bodywork is rust free so I will get a few more years out of it yet, only done 76k from new and I do less than 5k a year so I might sell just before it reaches 100k , or not !, anyway I should get a chance to go for a run in it over the next 2-3 days and then I can decide how the 25% drop in power is going to affect my driving style. :clap:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Koni shocks and matched lowering springs - 30mm. R32 front anti-roll bar. Whiteline rear anti-roll bar. Polybushed. New set of Goodyear Eagles.

And got the cambelt and water pump replaced. 114,000 miles on the original was maybe pushing my luck a bit! :sweat: :sweat:

Edited by matchmaker