So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Nice mate, what did you use?

Still need a badge though... ;)

some stuff off the bay of e up close looks not so good as the headlights are battered from the road, but im pleased with the results,    yeah the badge is next but all the "new" shape ones seem to be 90mm where as the old one was 80mm

mot today though my first with the car fingers crossed, emissions worry me as it does smell rich but we will see!

Edited by dan281082

some stuff off the bay of e up close looks not so good as the headlights are battered from the road, but im pleased with the results,    yeah the badge is next but all the "new" shape ones seem to be 90mm where as the old one was 80mm

mot today though my first with the car fingers crossed, emissions worry me as it does smell rich but we will see!

Part number for the badge in the part numbers thread should be 80mm...good luck with the mot

Car now sorted ready for retest today I fitted new brake hoses only needed drivers side for mot.but did both. Bled the brakes seems ok. Fitted tt bushes feel a much better. On inspection mine were split to hell!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Car went in for it's MOT today, passed with flying colours!!!! Looking back on the history it's never failed an MOT! Win :D

x1 Advisory which was the pads, I know they've started to get low so that will be sorted out soon. (Is there a warning light on our VRS for low pads?)

Also ordered a new diverter valve/recalculation valve/cut off valve (what ever you want to call it), and a new throttle body gasket yesterday and picked them up from Skoda this morning. Fitted the DV, I've noticed it's a little quieter but can't say I've noticed much difference in performance but I haven't fully tested it, I will do at the weekend.

The car goes in for it major service, cambelt, water pump and thermostat on Tuesday! All that including labour is £545 from the independent garage down the road in our small little village. Came recommended so with that in mind I'm hoping the car will feel a bit more powerful and smoother to drive.

Oh, and my plastidip also turned up and I'll be spraying the front grille and possibly the bump strips. I doubt one can will do them all so I'll probably just do the grille for now.

And cheeky order of some TS-A172Ci 6.5" / 17cm 2 Way Car Component Speakers are on there way to me can wait to fit them!

The car goes in for it major service, cambelt, water pump and thermostat on Tuesday! All that including labour is £545 from the independent garage down the road in our small little village. Came recommended so with that in mind I'm hoping the car will feel a bit more powerful and smoother to drive.

My car had all of that last weekend, cost me parts only.  My son, (VeeDub mechanic) did it for love!

• Administrators

My car had all of that last weekend, cost me parts only.  My son, (VeeDub mechanic) did it for love!

I wish I knew someone, I'd gladly love them back, with a create of Lager to go!

He also fitted HIDs, LEDs to most other lights and the interior lights which light up the inside like a film set!

• 3 months later...

so today i did this!! was not so bad , no horror stories of snapping bolts, was very careful loads plus gas tap with a hammer and gently gently! 

serious vibrations though hopefully it will calm down, but feels so much better. 

whilst under there i did wobble me driveshafts passenger no movement,drivers side some up and down play only slight tho, so that maybe next job. !

IMAG0010_zpsvvst2tpx.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today I changed the starter motor. Last week I changed the rocker cover gasket. The week before VR6 clutch and new fork in gearbox. I also tightened the wastegate a little bit and she is flying. I hope problems will stop for a while because I am skinned

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

so today i did this!! was not so bad , no horror stories of snapping bolts, was very careful loads plus gas tap with a hammer and gently gently! 

serious vibrations though hopefully it will calm down, but feels so much better. 

whilst under there i did wobble me driveshafts passenger no movement,drivers side some up and down play only slight tho, so that maybe next job. !

IMAG0010_zpsvvst2tpx.jpg

i used the red diesel one as the yellow had lots of vibration still far better then stock item