So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Removed CAI and refitted standard airbox, got a new DV OEM. Also ordered today new downpipe gasket because its blowing :( and trying to get to the bottom of why my boot wont lock :/

check the plunger mechanism/solenoid   that connects to the locking mechanism in the hatch, the grease dries up in them and they get stiff and just enough to not be able to trigger the arm in the lock to move.

This thing that needs stripping apart 

SDC10083.jpg

it sit's in this gap

Tailgatelockpic.jpg

You may here clicking where solenoid is trying to work 

check the plunger mechanism/solenoid that connects to the locking mechanism in the hatch, the grease dries up in them and they get stiff and just enough to not be able to trigger the arm in the lock to move.

This thing that needs stripping apart

Posted Image

it sit's in this gap

Posted Image

You may here clicking where solenoid is trying to work

I get no voltage at the motor if i press the lock button i can see alot of trouble ahead

I get no voltage at the motor if i press the lock button i can see alot of trouble ahead

hmm not sure if you get voltage at motor till you depress remote(i think) as it is operated by the canbus system) . Same as the door locks.

that got me for quite a while.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hmm not sure if you get voltage at motor till you depress remote(i think) as it is operated by the canbus system) . Same as theh door locks.

that got me for quite a while.

Yeah i wasnt getting voltage when i pressed the button. I replaced the ccu the other day and now the boot locks/unlocks using the key in the door but need my keys programming to the new ccu.. Bummer

Get ready....... I took it out the garage to wash it :D

And took rear mudflaps off

Like 6 screws so i think im done for 2014 lol

E951F59B-EB24-4AA2-B83E-F3C79C1AD324_zps

Are you leaving the mudflaps off dude. They do help protect the paint. I often wandered what it would look like without front and rear mudlaps.

More Pic's please

Sent from my Samsung S3

Yeah gona leave them off while the 3sdms are on :)

It just shows the tread stretch n width more :)

I shall get some more pics,

I dont think its ever had front mudflaps ?

Hmmm

Nah I meant mine without front and rear. :rofl:

pic, pics, pics.....

I always thought they were moulded in with soe voodoo whoodoo

Then it seemed it was just like 6 screws ooops :D

They do look cleaner i think without :)

yep 3 torx screws and 2 plastic flat clips hold each side in.

They kinda finish off the bottom of the arches nicely front and back  , but I scrape mine all the time so may remove to see what's what,  but i bet the sides of the car will get dirtier quicker. :think:

• Like 1

Fitted prosport coilovers, handles very well on flat roads, happy with that. Ride quality awful on anything uneven though, luckily I only do a few thousand a year so can live with it.  Plus its too low,  gotta raise it a bit.  :giggle:

yep 3 torx screws and 2 plastic flat clips hold each side in.

They kinda finish off the bottom of the arches nicely front and back , but I scrape mine all the time so may removed to see what's what. but i bet the sides of the car will get dirtier quicker. :think:

Its ok i dont get too much dirt passing thru the garage :D hehe

Doh :(

#waste lol

• Like 2

Finally got round to proper setting gear linkage as last time in a rush and also my stupid gearbox locking pin moves out and allows gear mechanism to move whilst setting. 

I locked the mechanism in place and used a 5mm drill bit to hold gear lever and also used something to keep gear lever over to the left as believe it or not that slight movement is enough to effect gear change.

It is now the best it has been for years......yeah :rock:

Also did a full interior clean of carpets, mats, plastics, dash and treated leather seats :rofl:

now just need a full set of tyres for MOT :think:

Finally got round to proper setting gear linkage as last time in a rush and also my stupid gearbox locking pin moves out and allows gear mechanism to move whilst setting.

I locked the mechanism in place and used a 5mm drill bit to hold gear lever and also used something to keep gear lever over to the left as believe it or not that slight movement is enough to effect gear change.

It is now the best it has been for years......yeah :rock:

Also did a full interior clean of carpets, mats, plastics, dash and treated leather seats :rofl:

now just need a full set of tyres for MOT :think:

What did you use to keep it further to the left? The reason I ask is I done a linkage alignment a month or so ago and tbh I've found it no better if not worse! I'm just wondering if my lever has been off a little.

What did you use to keep it further to the left? The reason I ask is I done a linkage alignment a month or so ago and tbh I've found it no better if not worse! I'm just wondering if my lever has been off a little.

Yeah same thing happened to me. I did linkage a month ago and it was more notchy than last time.

This is because even with a drill bit or similar to hold lever in place it still moves slightly.

You will laugh I just moved my seat forward and placed a old mobile phone box between the seat bolster and pushing against lower gear lever. All you need is something to keep in place or another pair of hands to hold it over to left with drill bit in place whilst you then go to engine bay and no lock linkage springs and undo the locking pin . Job done

It is worth it.... :rock: