So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Cheers Bowders I'll give that a whirl over the weekend. Most reckon an alignment improves the gear change a lot so when I done mine I couldn't understand what all the fuss is about! It looks like my lever hasn't been in the right place. I've also changed the gear box oil and fitted new cable ends.

Mot yesterday.... PASSED

Inner track arms and track rods both sides

Insurance on 28th

And tax 30th!! Lol 

New maf sensor next week and also having my intercooler pipework made up finally.. 

Not  easy few weeks on the wallet 

Just polishing so far plus a new front splitter after I decapitated a rabbit... Oops

Couldn't print ££££s quick enough last year during the rebuild. Getting ready to trim the plastics in Alcantara and powder coat my champagne boolers dark silver...

MOT - first on new engine (gulp) on Monday...

Anyone got a pair of S3 black heated leather seats 'spare' ???

Yeah same thing happened to me. I did linkage a month ago and it was more notchy than last time.

This is because even with a drill bit or similar to hold lever in place it still moves slightly.

You will laugh I just moved my seat forward and placed a old mobile phone box between the seat bolster and pushing against lower gear lever. All you need is something to keep in place or another pair of hands to hold it over to left with drill bit in place whilst you then go to engine bay and no lock linkage springs and undo the locking pin . Job done

It is worth it.... :rock:

Well I've just done yet another alignment. I didn't use a phone box though. I found my 10 year old daughter came in handy to hold the gear lever over to the left! But, sadly its no better. So I've bit the bullet one last throw of the dice. Ordered some draft 42 shifter bushes. Heard good things so that's to do next week.

Haven't got a vrs :( just a lowly 4x4 1.8t estate :) ....have recently fitted a tt front upper brace, repaired 6 stone chips in the screen with a £9.99 kit..top job...fitted new door speakers and my Sony Bluetooth head unit, painted the front grill satin black, fitted new tailgate struts, soundproofed the boot, ready for fitting my sub at the weekend, new tyres all round, small service and clayed the paintwork...only had it a month...great car

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Ordered some draft 42 shifter bushes. Heard good things so that's to do next week.

Have them fitted and they are great. Also have the verdict linkage bushing too :rock:

Have them fitted and they are great. Also have the verdict linkage bushing too :rock:

Did you do the verdict bushes and the draft ones at the same time or did you do them separately? I am debating how much difference the verdict bushes make.

Did them at different times. The verdict bushes don't do a great difference tbh,  no way as much as the draft 42 , but combined they do a great job.

Did them at different times. The verdict bushes don't do a great difference tbh, no way as much as the draft 42 , but combined they do a great job.

Thanks for the info buddy. I'll start with the 42s see where the gear change is then take it from there.

changed spark plugs, oil + oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, changed y pipe and vacum booster pipe which were split, washed and waxed outside, hoover+shampoo interior, cleaned seats and treated them with leather conditioner, and put new stickers 20V terror on rear windows + had Stealth dual port dump valve fitted :)

R8dec - where did you get your Spiders plastidipped?? They look really good...

David

I did it myself, got the dip from a company called cardipuk and then a plasti dip metalizer from plasti dip.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I typed plasti dip metalizer in ebay, it came from a uk company rather than american genuine...

Edit: I ordered matt black plasti dip from cardipuk and did a final 2 coats with the metalizer.

Edited by r8Dec

No pics, but finally gave the Octy the first proper wash of the new yr.

Then got out the rattle cans - touched up the ding in the sill which was there from when i bought it,

and gave the peeling clear coat a rub down and over spray :)

Need a couple of more coats, and then clear coat where i had to use the black magic on it.

Plan is to re coat tomorrow, then a good polishing next week (7 days post works as per instructions on the cans :)

I must say im chuffed with progress so far, for a first time automotive rattle canner!

Considering doing mine, was it easy??

Ye easy enough its all about the 1st coats need to be a really light dusting leave for 15-20 mins. Then you can just put a couple of thick coats on, I left these for an hour between the coats. Then touched up areas looking thin.

Took me all day to do 4 wheels, pretty time consuming. But worth the result :).

• Like 1