DPF Light on

What I have logged in VCDS for measuring block 068 is:

20:45:34 Group 068: Particle Filter (Exhaust Gas II)
  0.0 %  Particle Filter Load Coefficient
  35.0  Particle Filter Carbon Mass
  0.0 %  Carbon Mass Learned Value

Where exactly in the programme are you finding that info ?

If you go into measuring blocks, bring up the one(s) you want and then hit the "add to log" button.  I always start anything with an Auto Scan and set a log file running.

I was going into select module , 1 - engine , 8 - measuring blocks then there are 3 lines with a tab you can enter the no. There I entered 070 , 075 and 068. The information was displayed in 4 boxes with a label underneath ?

I was going into select module , 1 - engine , 8 - measuring blocks then there are 3 lines with a tab you can enter the no. There I entered 070 , 075 and 068. The information was displayed in 4 boxes with a label underneath ?

Thats what I mean, there should the add to log button in the window showing the measuring blocks output.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it's back on !! On the way home the revs were up at 1000 at idle then dropped back then up again and then after a few times the light was on. Off to try and burn it off again !!

The fact the RPM rose and then dropped is a sign that the attempted regens were interrupted. Having the DPF light appear so soon is also a worry.

This means that the capacity of the DPF is reduced and therefore the effectiveness of the DPF to clean itself is diminished.

Your story is very similar to mine. Fortunately my commute was long and fast, but even then I began to see the DPF light twice a month.

My guess is that it is on its way out.

And if it is you have 2 options. Replacement at over £1000 or removal at around half that

Option 3 is to get it cleaned out. There are a number companies which offer a cleaning service. I think I saw one recommended by Honest John.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Another 70 mph blast in 4th cleared it but I guess it's on its way out as I drove Aberdeen -Glasgow - Aberdeen at the weekend which should have kept it clear and it came on next day ! No danger of spending £1k , seen used ones for £120 on eBay and new ones for £450. Getting it cleaned out is an option , wait and see how long it takes to come on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just get it removed and a suitable remap to code it out.

Under normal driving you'll get better fuel consumption and never have this headache again.

If your handy with the spanners, do it yourself. You only have to remove the downpipe, use an angle grinder to cut it open and gut the innards, then weld it back up. Then £2-300 for a map.

:D

Edited by amk2vr6

Back on this morning !! Another Razz and cleared and oddly after another long run , Aberdeen to Inverness and back. Never had flashing glow plugs/limp mode so far !! Is there anywhere Aberdeen area that removed these pieces if S@!t !! Don't know how long I'll get away with the old 4th gear trick.

I've been where you are, you are living on borrowed time.

Get it sorted before it drops into limp home mode.

I stuck "Aberdeen DPF removal" into Google and got loads of results.