So this is the Superb III

AH...  I thought the next Superb was going to be an SUV...  but no, this Vision C concept is apparently it hence the rumours about it being "different".

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/03/geneva-2014-skoda-visionc-is-no-octavia-cc-its-the-new-superb/

vision-c-gallery-03.jpg

vision-c-gallery-01.jpg

vision-c-gallery-02.jpg

As you say it is a concept with an impression of a Passat cc at the rear (for me). It will change obviously before it goes to design. The head lights/fog lights look like some cartoons evil eyes. :rofl:

Edited by Danny 57

Yep, Passat CC ... Final version should look great based on the concept drawings though, looking forward to seeing it.

Rob

From what the german "Autobild" magazine said, the Vision C is actually a 5 door CC based on a lenghtened Octavia

The new Superb is supposed to be developed for a more "premium" feel.

I've attached the cover: in white is the new Octavia Coupe which is similar to Vision C. Superb is on the back, smaller picture though :(

post-114612-0-06317500-1394017841_thumb.jpg

Edited by Norian

That picture of the burgundy Superb has been kicking around for sometime - have definitely seen it before.

Ref the Vision C - won't hold my breath just yet, is very CC-esq though, does it signal the end of the Superb Estate/Combi?

I have seen various 'impressions' of what future Superbs will look like over the past year or two and they all seem to point to the CC design in one way or another.  It has been mentioned more than once that Skoda are looking to go with a wider lower car and something that will closer in size to the E-Class Merc.  Time will tell.....but I hope they don't price Superbs out of he market as they will start to creep up to 5 series/A6 territory.

That picture of the burgundy Superb has been kicking around for sometime - have definitely seen it before.

Ref the Vision C - won't hold my breath just yet, is very CC-esq though, does it signal the end of the Superb Estate/Combi?

If Mercedes can make an "estate" of the CLS "coupe" then so can Škoda make an estate of this Passat CC-esque Superb I'm sure.

CLS.jpg

If you want more space then your Škoda dealer will kindly point you towards the new MQB based 7 seat Snowman SUV.

As to price...  have you seen Octavia prices lately? They have gone up tremendously for the very reason that the Superb will go up even higher still - to the 5-series territory as mentioned just now by Superb170.

From what the german "Autobild" magazine said, the Vision C is actually a 5 door CC based on a lenghtened Octavia

And?  It has been known for some time that most all middle sized VAG products will be MQB based.  From the bigger Škoda Snowman SUV, through the Superb, the Octy right down to the next Yeti.  So saying the Vision C is "Octavia based" means very little alas in terms of what it might be called and marketed as one day.  You might as well say the next Superb will be Golf based as yes that is where the MQB platform stems from... 

If Mercedes can make an "estate" of the CLS "coupe" then so can Škoda make an estate of this Passat CC-esque Superb I'm sure.

CLS.jpg

If you want more space then your Škoda dealer will kindly point you towards the new MQB based 7 seat Snowman SUV.

As to price...  have you seen Octavia prices lately? They have gone up tremendously for the very reason that the Superb will go up even higher still - to the 5-series territory as mentioned just now by Superb170.

I agree and am sure that Skoda wouldn't want to compromise on the sales that Combi versions bring to any range - I don't know the split of sales between Combi and TD but suspect the former is quite high?

The introduction of the Rapid has pushed the entire range upwards - I've said this before, the Rapid now sits where the Mk1 Octavia sat. Hence, and as you say, the Octavia moves up in both size and price to the current Superb Mk2, and the Superb Mk3 takes a corresponding step up (also in size and price) to put it firmly in the large executive class (ala 5 Series, E-Class, A6/A7)

Do I want to drive an SUV? Probably not, but am willing to look. Do I want to drive a car named "Snowman"? Definitely not :bandit:

• Like 1

I agree and am sure that Skoda wouldn't want to compromise on the sales that Combi versions bring to any range - I don't know the split of sales between Combi and TD but suspect the former is quite high?

The introduction of the Rapid has pushed the entire range upwards - I've said this before, the Rapid now sits where the Mk1 Octavia sat. Hence, and as you say, the Octavia moves up in both size and price to the current Superb Mk2, and the Superb Mk3 takes a corresponding step up (also in size and price) to put it firmly in the large executive class (ala 5 Series, E-Class, A6/A7)

In the Romania market, Octy 3 is placed identically from price point of view to the Superb, in the case of non entry-level versions.

For example: Octy 3 2.0 tdi DSG,  Xenon, 17'' wheels and heated seats cost exactly the same as the Superb on same equipment - here they have a "promotion" for one year now giving you free Business Package (Xenon, 17'', Premium GSM III, multispoke multifunctional steering wheel)

So, with the Octy 3 positioning in the Superb area, we can see a increase in price which is not accompanied by an increase in quality: panels on the doors, centre console area, rear suspension design - all are cost saving measures. This is only adding increased margin on the models for the manufacturer.

If Superb 3 will target the Series 5 price range, than probably with the Superb FL we're looking at the last of the mohicans: decent price for qood build quality, a car that is not defined by cost saving measures.

Edited by Norian

If Superb 3 will target the Series 5 price range, than probably with the Superb FL we're looking at the last of the mohicans: decent price for qood build quality, a car that is not defined by cost saving measures.

In my opinion Superb 3 won't target BMW 5 price range, as it would mean no sales :)

Probably Škoda will introduce few 'premium' range models - such as Octavia Coupe (similar to Passat CC) or Superb Coupe (as Audi A7). But good old Superb will remain little bit cheaper in comparison to Passat. 

Passat will have new model from 2015, so Superb 3 will be from 2016 or so. 

Edited by LS108

Passat will have new model from 2015, so Superb 3 will be from 2016 or so. 

2016.... excelent, just about the right time for me to replace my 2012 elegance. need to start sowing the seed with Mrs now though.....

Reading between the lines I assume the current Superb is based on a lengthened Passat platform. It has been reported  Skoda use a unique platfrom for the current car though journos seem a bit scetical. Any thoughts?

Reading between the lines I assume the current Superb is based on a lengthened Passat platform. It has been reported  Skoda use a unique platfrom for the current car though journos seem a bit scetical. Any thoughts?

Superb III will be based on MQB platform as the new VW Passat, but with a slightly longer wheelbase - ant will share at least 50 % of same parts with Passat - this is was reported several times even by Skoda management. I doubt that they have changed their minds...

Regarding the Passat B8 - to be launched late 2014, early 2015, VW have announced that beside the Estate and the CC version, a lifestyle Shooting Estate, in the likes of Mercedes CLC Estate will follow.

Wonder if this "lifestyle shooting estate" will be approached by Skoda :)

post-114612-0-93749800-1394027752_thumb.jpg

Edited by Norian

2016.... excelent, just about the right time for me to replace my 2012 elegance. need to start sowing the seed with Mrs now though.....

Careful! We all know where sowing the seed with the Mrs can lead  :rofl: 

• Like 1