So this is the Superb III

The concept looks absolutely great. Wasn't sure about the rear lights in the photo, but having seen more of the car in the video then I think it works.

If it's a stretched Passat, then it's gonna be a big 'ole boy.

I imagine the new car will be a little toned down with the regular lights.

Something  like.

vision-c-gallery-01_zps57126860.jpg

With the rear adopting the Skoda family signature tail lights of the 'C' and reverse 'C'.

vision-c-gallery-02_zps91a6cec8.jpg

I've had to watch this twice as I kept getting distracted by the two ladies in the strapless dresses through the windscreen. Nom nom.

• Like 1

Think the interior looks fantastic on that concept shame that the crystal/ glass is too expensive for a production car. I think Svend has the right idea of how it would look if produced.

• Like 1

I imagine the new car will be a little toned down with the regular lights.

Something  like.

With the rear adopting the Skoda family signature tail lights of the 'C' and reverse 'C'.

Nope...  humongous headlights like that is now something from the 70s and 80s when halogen was the lamp of choice. Seen the LED headlights on the humble Seat Leon? Say you design a car from the outset with ONLY space required for a row of LEDs and not design the headlight aperture such that it needs old fashioned halogen or Xenon technology for the lowly models (we are talking Škoda's range topper here so ALL can have LED lights)...  See where Škoda is going? So no I won't be surprised at all if the headlights indeed stay as slender and in the shape they are on this concept - or something very similar. But huge square blobs as drawn above? Never.

• Like 1

Well maybe an inbetween. The ones on the concept are too small (yes even with LED technology etc...) and usually that small to draw your attention.

vision-c-gallery-0100_zpsc99256ac.jpg

• Like 1

skoda%20superb%202015.jpg

I can see several similarities between Vision C and this version of the 2015 Superb - bonnet shape, fog/DR lights and side cut lines, and Vision C just looks too big to be an Octavia coupe

So this is shaping up as a contender for my next car, but what engine choices do we think might be on offer? I assume no V6 petrol, but would settle for latest 2.0TSI

I can see several similarities between Vision C and this version of the 2015 Superb - bonnet shape, fog/DR lights and side cut lines, and Vision C just looks too big to be an Octavia coupe

So this is shaping up as a contender for my next car, but what engine choices do we think might be on offer? I assume no V6 petrol, but would settle for latest 2.0TSI

This is my favourite of the pictures that are currently being shown.  Would definitely be going for Superb number three if this was the option in a few years.  I reckon slightly tweaked engines like a 150 and 180bhp diesel option but Skoda don't seem to be too keen on hybrids yet.  I know I'm getting carried away here but would be nice to see a 3.0tdi from the A6 or even the bi-turbo!!!

I really like the Vision C concept. Be nice if Superb III did resemble it. Definitely be on myt short list. I wonder if they have designed it so the passenger side dashboard doesn't creak and rattle like my current superb and past 2 octavias! Be nice to see some hybrid too.

• 1 month later...

I always give these photoshopped images short shrift. I'll just wait for the official unveiling by Skoda and draw my own conclusions from there.

I know this was posted elsewhere but Rapid Ronnie has found a more conservative colour of the Vision C, I can't wait to see what they do with the next Superb. :) 

sk20_5343f8650d8ad.jpg

sk21_5343f86540d05.jpg

sk40_5343f8656b8a8.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with dstev2000.  There will be lots of speculation over the next while and some bizarre photos will appear from various sources.  Vision C offers some clues but until we see something official from Skoda, we'll just have to use our imagination and hope that they don't mess around with an already good car.

I know this was posted elsewhere but Rapid Ronnie has found a more conservative colour of the Vision C, I can't wait to see what they do with the next Superb. :)

sk40_5343f8656b8a8.jpg

Now all I see above is what looks to me like a car that reversed into a wall that had one of these stacked on a shelf:

2-board-white-with-boards.jpg

Just picture that shelf with just one surfboard and at a height just below the badge on the back of that car.  :happy:  

sk40_5343f8656b8a8.jpg

That looks like a lovely pert rear end to me,

Oh... Sorry... you mean the car  :giggle:

• Like 2