fabia vrs mk1 clutch fitted

i have had a Sach pattern part clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder fitted as my car was slipping under load.

Drove home from the guy who fitted it and to my horror it was still slipping!

To be honest you can drive to avoid doing it but if your lazy and put your foot down low down the rev range then the revs climb and you dont go anywhere?

Could it be it needs bedding in?

Or could it be something else wrong?

Are you sure that a new one has been fitted, did he give you the old one as proof? Did you change the flywheel as well?

I've just fitted an LUK clutch & flywheel to mine and it has a VERY strong bite right from the first drive.

It's not right either way, new clutches shouldn't slip at all.

Are you sure that a new one has been fitted, did he give you the old one as proof? Did you change the flywheel as well?

I've just fitted an LUK clutch & flywheel to mine and it has a VERY strong bite right from the first drive.

It's not right either way, new clutches shouldn't slip at all.

i was there i watched him fit it

Yea mate not right.

Is it a proper kit or a copy? Just you say sachs patter part?

I have a sachs kit on mine dmf plate and bearing and its brill. From the off the bite was on the floor and as it bedded in came up the pedal so its more progressive engagement rather than on or off as it was at first but never slipped.

I have a shark stage 1 on mine? What your car?

I hope it's not the sachs kit from euro/carparts4less as I'm ordering that this week or next!!

I had mine Sachs from CP4L and it's the genuine deal.

It shouldn't be slipping from the off, unless it's a duff part, or has got contaminated.

Did you change the pressure plate too?

• Like 1

It shouldn't be slipping from the off, unless it's a duff part, or has got contaminated.

I thought it would be. Is the sachs setup good? I'm running a faboka map so hoping it will be fine for that

clutch kit dm flywheel and slave

• 1 month later...

Just to update this when it slipped I'd only done about 45 miles on it but on the way home from work after I'd done about 80 miles on it it was fine so they must take about 50-100 miles to bed in. Googled it and it seems quite common for these sachs clutches to slip until after 60 miles or so