85 Degrees

Hi guys

I've got abit of strange problem. I've noticed that when i drive my temp gauge is only getting upto 85 degrees when it should be at 90. If i stop in traffic it slowly starts to climb up to 90 But, if i then move off it falls back to 85ish again.The heaters are still pumping out hot air so i'm abit baffled as to what it is, could my thermostat be broken? or is it likely to be the coolant temp sensor?

Cheers

Edited by banzaiman

• 6 months later...

Apologies for thread resurrection - but was wondering if you managed to sort out the issue? 

My TFSI is doing exactly the same thing (gets to 90 when stopped or slow driving but falls to 85 or so when driving faster). I've had the thermostat changed and changed the coolant temperature sensor (the one in the engine block) myself, but the issue still remains so am somewhat at a loss as to what to try next!