Had enough of coilovers going back to standard

The weird thing is my MK1 with the same FK coilovers isnt crashy or bouncy, Meaty101 will vouch for the comfort - I genuinely think you got a bad batch or installation is a little off. (Sorry)

Spending upwards of £600 on some coilovers on a car that probably wont ever see a track is pretty pointless, if your tracking it then go ahead i will certainly be upgrading to some KW's when i can afford.

Id possibly look at bushes Chris, Bottom ball joints etc etc

No it doesn't go on track VRade so expensive coilys are not an option. The ride it's crashy or overly bouncy it's just very hard. Think I'm just to old to live with it day to day. As I said before love the power and bushes, drop links, mounts all good so thinks it's just personal preference.

The standard stuff arrived today so will maybe get them fitted in Sunday if not next week.

The weird thing is my MK1 with the same FK coilovers isnt crashy or bouncy, Meaty101 will vouch for the comfort - I genuinely think you got a bad batch or installation is a little off. (Sorry)

Spending upwards of £600 on some coilovers on a car that probably wont ever see a track is pretty pointless, if your tracking it then go ahead i will certainly be upgrading to some KW's when i can afford.

Id possibly look at bushes Chris, Bottom ball joints etc etc

I can indeed say Ade's car was fine. Really not an uncomfortable car at all. On lowering springs, and on the same roads, mine was bouncing about all over the place. And VRades is pretty low. I was very impressed. I'm glad I went back to standard though, no more catching on speed bumps or tyres rubbing the inner arch liners!!

I can indeed say Ade's car was fine. Really not an uncomfortable car at all. On lowering springs, and on the same roads, mine was bouncing about all over the place. And VRades is pretty low. I was very impressed. I'm glad I went back to standard though, no more catching on speed bumps or tyres rubbing the inner arch liners!!

then it is just a age thing then buddy.......lol  :rofl:

Well standard shocks back on but didn't go with the springs. Really like the low look but not to low.

So went for apex springs from euro car parts have to say very pleased, is a bit arse end low but the subs don't help. Ride is firm but not hard, speed humps are not an issue anymore, potholes and drain covers no longer scare me. Well pleased

Before on FK coilys

amahesug.jpg

After on apex springs

asygady6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well standard shocks back on but didn't go with the springs. Really like the low look but not to low.

So went for apex springs from euro car parts have to say very pleased, is a bit arse end low but the subs don't help. Ride is firm but not hard, speed humps are not an issue anymore, potholes and drain covers no longer scare me. Well pleased

Before on FK coilys

amahesug.jpg

After on apex springs

asygady6.jpg

Glad you like it buddy. :rock:

But that stance would bug me big time. Being lower at the back would make handling and turn in a little poorer.

It's something I can live with as I don't drive it really hard anyway it may come down a bit yet.Hoping a RARB will help a little with the handling.

Had to fit new drop like at the front as all 4 boots where split!!!

TBF they wouldn't have fitted on the standard shocks as their too short.

Did you drop it anymore after you removed the cupra splitter or did you keep the same height?

dropped it as per that pic above( they are milotec dtm splitters now fitted) pic does not look as low as the car is actually because i have a lot of camber of the front wheels they dip inwards at the top so the gap looks bigger than it really is.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried the recent Koni STR.T kit? The older kits had eibach springs, but the later ones have H&R springs. They're around £350 for shocks and springs. Alternatively the AP shock and spring kit?

I'm currently on old dampers and Pi springs - very crashy- not cool.

Has anyone tried the recent Koni STR.T kit? The older kits had eibach springs, but the later ones have H&R springs. They're around £350 for shocks and springs. Alternatively the AP shock and spring kit?

I'm currently on old dampers and Pi springs - very crashy- not cool.

I bought a set about a month ago and still havent fitted them yet. Hope to get them on this weekend but will have to wait and see!! I'll report once theyre on!!

20130804_1613571_zps5c3d67ed.jpg

20130222_172906_zps340fb2e7.jpg

H&R's with Koni FSD's.

The only thing that makes it uncomfortable is the 225/40/18's (Goodyear ultragrips), so thinking of getting the standard rims re-done and going back to the original 205/50/17's (fooked back n getting old!)

• 1 year later...

After hours of searching I found a "keilform" (lower at front) kit for the RS and vRS: AP sportfahrwerk. 55 at front and 35 at rear. Don't know if this is comfy or extra drop over OEM vRS...

No the rears are virtually at the top and the fronts still have 5-6cm of thread left

heey man had the same probs  with my fk ak streets that i bought from DPM PERFORMANCE

my car had realy bad handling and was  way to soft in the rear

it was at the top of the threads in the rear and still so low the tires  rubbed in road bumps

when driving it on the freeway at around 100-120 kmh you had to concentrate to keep it straight 

so i asked if they could send me harder rear springs because the rideheight was lower on one side then the other and the handling was terrible and my 18" wheels and tires rubbed  if i didnt literaly stopped before a road bump

and after i got new harder rear springs the car could be raised up alot in the rear and the handling improved by a million times

and it got more even in the ride height

best regards