Error: Start-Stop System

Hi

Anyone else had the below error on the Start Stop system?

Mine has had a software update that supposedly would cure this but hasn't, and it has now been escalated to the factory as SUK don't have a resolution.

I am aware of one user who rejected the car on the grounds of safety for this and another error. When the error happens, the following error code is logged which doesn't sound good to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (J623-CKFC)       Labels: 04L-907-309-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 04L 906 021 DT    HW: 04L 907 309 D
   Component: R4 2,0L EDC   H83 4943  
   Revision: 00H83H22    
   Coding: 011D0012032501090000
   Shop #: WSC 73430 031 00999
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906021DT 002003
   ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906021DT_SK37.rod
   VCID: 7AF1C4CAFD9E51CED53-802F

1 Fault Found:
21125 - Invalid Data Received from Airbag Control Module 
          U0452 00 [032] - -
          Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Mileage: 28426 km
                    Date: 2014.03.13
                    Time: 18:08:17

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0 

This is happening about once a week at the moment.

post-61868-0-60983500-1395953391_thumb.jpg
post-61868-0-59448700-1395953400_thumb.jpg

So, has anyone else had this error and manage to get it fixed, or even worse not get it fixed?

Feel free to PM me a Registration number and Skoda case number if you have, anything that will help get it fixed.

Can't you just deactivate it on the console for the time being?

I mean it's not exactly going to cost you very much fuel to leave it running in traffic & besides I thought you were one of the wizzkids who had the VCDS software and could disable it that way.

Right. So how do you know that it's not a fault on the passenger airbag side of the airbag module, so by manually deactivating it with your key, you will eliminate that possibility.

Try deactivating it & reactivating it as well, sometimes the systems get themselves in a knot, another solution, maybe to disconnect the battery and leave it off for a good 10-30 minutes to allow the current to dissipate and then do a complete reset of the cars systems.

You would be amazed at some of the daft logic of modern technology.

Right. So how do you know that it's not a fault on the passenger airbag side of the airbag module, so by manually deactivating it with your key, you will eliminate that possibility.

Try deactivating it & reactivating it as well, sometimes the systems get themselves in a knot, another solution, maybe to disconnect the battery and leave it off for a good 10-30 minutes to allow the current to dissipate and then do a complete reset of the cars systems.

You would be amazed at some of the daft logic of modern technology.

Like Andy just said the error is for the airbag module not the airbag itself, turning 1 airbag off won't do anything for the fault he has.

Well as I see it, if you use the switch you are deactivating part of the module which fires the passenger airbag. No?

Also have you checked every fuse including the Airbag & TCS one (that's No.33 & 34 in the manual)?

Some systems maybe piggy backed onto a single fuse.

As my signature says: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!

Sometimes it's the simplest of things, that we overlook, that can be the ultimate cause of the problem, no harm in double checking everything and trying a new fuse or doing a battery disconnect, just to prove & eliminate that possibility.

Trust me I work with some of the most cantankerous darn trains, which run on Windows for workgroups 3.1 and some of the daftest & improbable things you can do, make things work again.

Sorry to hear this Andyvee; you dont think the dealers may have inadvertently knackered something else during your dash-out re-wire do you? Like spaghetti junction behind there I expect so certainly not impossible. Or was it doing this beforehand?

Sorry to hear this Andyvee; you dont think the dealers may have inadvertently knackered something else during your dash-out re-wire do you? Like spaghetti junction behind there I expect so certainly not impossible. Or was it doing this beforehand?

Doing it beforehand I think - I'll look back through my VCDS logs.

Did you have this problem from the beginning? You said you have your car for 5 months now. 

When there's a strange problem like this and only a few people have it the only thing you could do is wait for the factory to find the problem and issue a service info. Chances are you're not alone in this.

I've had the problem with the control unit of the xenons strait from day one. Went back to dealer, they did not know what to do. Exactly like in your case they saw the error but could not reproduce it. I searched the net, searched the forums and found nothing. After a month and a half I found two topics here with the problem and found that meanwhile Skoda issued a solution to this. 

I now know of 2 other instances. On one Skoda gave up, the other is on another MQB platform car and seems to have been resolved eventually, but it doesn't seem to be conclusive as to what part it was that needed replacing as they swapped that many over. Potentially something to do with the battery control module, but I don't have any errors logged against that.

Let's hope they have an answer next week when it goes back yet again!

your gonna have one of the most up-to-date cars in britain soon.

wonder how many others who got their car when you did, have been offered these updates or will they just sit with 'old' software until something eventually goes wrong

Hopefully the update will do the job.

When I had the Fabia Greenline II there was another owner with one where the SS would not work and it turned out to be a bent bonnet switch that was not working correctly.

I have the same issue, appeared approx three weeks from delivert (car delivered end of spetember last year). Warning does not flag up as soon as you deactivate stop.start (I'm almost OCD in doing so anyway) so was leaving it till I was going to dealers next. Does anyone think it maybe more pressing than that?