BLACK SMOKE

Hi folks, I changed my engine in December and it been running realy badly ever since. I,ve been back to the guy at least 2 or 3 times a week and I,m getting fobbed off.

The tandem pump went a few weeks ago and it leaked diesel into the sump,the guy who put in the engine said he used my pump on the new engine so it was my problem.  In the end he repaced it with another 1 from the breakers yard .Have the car back a couple of weeks now and nothing but trouble with it since.Still had a bad smell of diesel in the cab so he put a new gasket between the pump and engine.Then a few days later it started leaking from the gasket at the back of the pump. The car still was running badly so he done a test and found 1 cylinder was missing and he put a injector in and said if was sorted.

Theres no improvement I, Infact its worse puffing out thick black smoke even when parked and reving it . Went to a diffenent guy he said it was intercooler. So put in a new 1 and still the same.its loosing power as the black smoke gets bad and idles realy badly .I realy need to get it sorted as its a taxi and have missed so much work over it Any ideas??

Edited by alliv

The diesel expert guys will be along soon but when there is black smoke my first stop is injectors and or air filter. How old/many miles was the "new" engine because as you realise something is seriously wrong with it and or the way it was installed.

Best of luck.

I was told there was 45,000 on it And the reason was it was held uo in an insurance claim,but as soon as I heard it running it sounded a lot older.1.9 2007 bsv by the way.

Just had another guy look at it and he said it could be worn lubes on the camshaft. Does this make any sence with the problem i,m having?