I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

On the Octy III forum there is a thread running for people finding out the hidden happenings of their cars.

Given the recent questions over self-illuminating fog lights and others, perhaps we could have one here that highlights the often little known Yeti tricks that are often not covered in the manual, even if it is read....?

Things along the lines of the air vents closing off when reverse is engaged or the screen washed, to avoid the smells entering the cabin.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

If you press the interior lock / unlock button under the handbrake for more than two seconds the windows and sunroof will all open at once OR close at once (depending on which side of the button you press).

If you open the sunroof fully (but rotating the knob and leaving it in the furthest position) it will open the sunroof to 95%.  To open it 100% your twist and hold the sunroof control knob (in the same direction as you you turned it to open the roof) and it will open the last 100mm. But beware: the reason it only opens to 95% is that with it fully open you get severe buffeting above 30mph.

• Like 2

Things along the lines of the air vents closing off when reverse is engaged or the screen washed, to avoid the smells entering the cabin.

I always thought it engaged re-circulation rather than shutting them off :) 

Along with cornering function, Fog Lights should also come on, when engaging reverse, if headlights on & on auto

Rear-Wiper should wipe when engaging reverse, if auto wipers are on.

• Like 1

Okay - re-circulate (sort of the same thing though IMHO!).

On the sunroof the blind travels fully open or closed with one swift push on the button - hold your pinky on the button and will it move but stop mid way as soon as you let go.

Teg sunroof blind automatically closes In cold/damp conditions despite the car being switched off & locked.

To stop condensation forming & dripping on you next time you get in.

• Like 1

After six months I only discovered the elasticated band across the top of each of the front door wells yesterday :giggle: - another nice little touch of which there are so many! My favourite such 'touch' is still the parking ticket holder :clap: 

Unlucky enough to have a puncture today, fortunately by seeing the screw-head in the centre of the tread long before it deflated - found the locking wheel nut eventually, and yet another cubbyhole alongside the spare wheel!

PB

• Like 1

P.S.

Along with cornering function, Fog Lights should also come on, when engaging reverse, if headlights on & on auto ( Don't need auto lights to do this a little VCDS magic can activate this function as done on my Octy vRS)

Rear-Wiper should wipe when engaging reverse, if auto wipers are on.( Don't need auto wiper for this - Just put wiper up to timed mode, engage reverse & this will happen - std on my Mk1 Fabis vRS ( previous car) & Current Octy vRS )

A few surprising & not so surprising warning pings:-

Driver seatbelt not on - Activates over 10 mph & gets louder till it becomes very irritating ( Should have belt on anyway)
Outside temp reaches below 4C
Washer bottle low.
Fuel on reserve
Bonnet / Boot / Doors left open for longer than approx 3 mins.
Radio left on after key is turned to off but left in ignition at approx 55 mins will warn it is about to shut off.
Some will ping when a bulb is out along with dash warning light.

Switch to shut off internal alarm after remote locking the car ( so pets can be left in car without deafaning them)

Just a few remembered.

My wipers on normal speed go to intermittent at traffic lights and junctions when in neutral,then back to normal when i engage gear. :hi:

Bolero Radio record last 7 traffic reports which you can play back. :sun:

• Like 1

I've hidden a couple of non relevant posts and pinned this at the top of the forum, try and keep to the topic as this could become a useful thread.

• Like 2

A few surprising & not so surprising warning pings:-

Driver seatbelt not on - Activates over 10 mph & gets louder till it becomes very irritating ( Should have belt on anyway)

Outside temp reaches below 4C

Washer bottle low.

Fuel on reserve

Bonnet / Boot / Doors left open for longer than approx 3 mins.

Radio left on after key is turned to off but left in ignition at approx 55 mins will warn it is about to shut off.

Some will ping when a bulb is out along with dash warning light.

Deep "bong" when you unlock the car if the battery is low (below 11v??)

• Like 1

With the ignition off, if you insert an SD card into the slot, the Bolero will switch itself on even with no key in the ignition.  The unit will switch itself off after approximately an hour to protect the battery from going flat.

I've had my Yeti 2 weeks now and I only noticed the compass direction letter in the top left of the MAxiDot yesterday after picking it up from the dealers after a warranty issue!

I'd have sworn blind it wasn't there before.  :wonder:

You can adjust instrument brightness next to Headlamp  height adjuster on right of steering wheel.

Right hand side boot light can be detached and used as torch.

Cruise control puts green symbol on  speedometer when in use.Dab brake to switch off.

More Smiles per mile than my last car.

• Like 1

Cruise control puts green symbol on  speedometer when in use.Dab brake to switch off.

Not recommended as using brake lights on a motorway is frowned upon as it can cause ripple effects of braking behind you.

So just dip the clutch. Does the same thing and also disengages the CC.  :giggle:

• Like 2

Not recommended as using brake lights on a motorway is frowned upon as it can cause ripple effects of braking behind you.

So just dip the clutch. Does the same thing and also disengages the CC.  :giggle:

Or use the switch on the stalk to switch it off - the same switch as you used to switch it on with...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Or use the switch on the stalk to switch it off - the same switch as you used to switch it on with...

...and where you don't have to switch it right off (i.e., with a click and fully over to the right), just push the switch slightly right to disengage.

• Like 2

I have a DSG... So don't have a clutch pedal to dip anyway and always use the switch. I added that in the spirit of the thread. :happy:

• Like 1

...and where you don't have to switch it right off (i.e., with a click and fully over to the right), just push the switch slightly right to disengage.

I do this all the time ( though I only discovered it by accident a couple of years ago.)

Tap the rocker switch with cruise on; top increases speed by about 1kph, bottom reduces by 1kph, ideal to get the car to 119kph which is exactly 70mph, or 86kph which is exactly 50 for the average speed limits on the motorway, etc. (As defined by my sat nav true speed on the flat, your car may be slightly different!)

This doesn't seem to be cumulative, you need to wait for the car to reach the new speed before tapping again, in my previous superb you could tap 5 times and slow by about 5kph.

• Like 1

Tap the rocker switch with cruise on; top increases speed by about 1kph, bottom reduces by 1kph, ideal to get the car to 119kph which is exactly 70mph, or 86kph which is exactly 50 for the average speed limits on the motorway, etc. (As defined by my sat nav true speed on the flat, your car may be slightly different!)

This doesn't seem to be cumulative, you need to wait for the car to reach the new speed before tapping again, in my previous superb you could tap 5 times and slow by about 5kph.

On my previous car (an Audi A4) the speed selected on the CC appeared on the Maxidot (equivilent) and the car would keep to that speed during average speed sections on a motorway. The object speed could be set up or down in advance using the rocker switch and the car would respond accordingly (one click per mph). But when I tried this on the Yeti last week I noticed that I had to use the switch to switch CC on and then adjust the speed by watching the speedometer and clicking the rocker switch up or down until the desired speed was arrived at. This is a bit dangerous as you have to watch the speedo for longer than you should to get to the correct speed. Also, on a downhill section, the speed increased by itself, but on my Audi, it would apply the brakes to keep the speed constant.

Have I missed something, or is this the way that the Yeti CC works?