I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

Sorry if everyone knew this, but I only recently discovered that holding down the lock button on the remote starts closing all the windows. I think if you let go half way, however, they stop.

Also only just figured out (after I RTFM) that the two 'Auto' climate options are "Auto with fan at super-high, conversation-ending speeds" and "Auto with fan at normal speeds". The former is handy in the Australian summer after you couldn't find a park in the shade. Cools the car down much quicker at the sacrifice of conversations like "F*** me it's hot today!"

• Like 2

On my previous car (an Audi A4) the speed selected on the CC appeared on the Maxidot (equivilent) and the car would keep to that speed during average speed sections on a motorway. The object speed could be set up or down in advance using the rocker switch and the car would respond accordingly (one click per mph). But when I tried this on the Yeti last week I noticed that I had to use the switch to switch CC on and then adjust the speed by watching the speedometer and clicking the rocker switch up or down until the desired speed was arrived at. This is a bit dangerous as you have to watch the speedo for longer than you should to get to the correct speed. Also, on a downhill section, the speed increased by itself, but on my Audi, it would apply the brakes to keep the speed constant.

Have I missed something, or is this the way that the Yeti CC works?

Afraid so, however speed only increases downhill if the engine braking is insufficient to control the speed, this happens rarely on motorways as they are not usually at that steep a grade.

HID-equipped Yeti? As well as the beams swiveling in their mounts as you steer, the beam pattern also alters depending on the speed you drive:

Interurban – default headlight position for speeds between 0 – 9 mph and 31 – 55 mph.

Urban – light beam shortens and widens for better illumination of pavements and junctions in built-up areas; active between 9 – 30 mph.

Motorway – light beam gradually lengthens and narrows as vehicle speed increases to improve distant vision; light beam lights the lane to the right of the car to facilitate overtaking; active above 56 mph.

Cornering lights – headlight geometry changes and light beam illuminates the curve of the road depending on vehicle speed and steering wheel angle (active from 6 mph); activated by indicators, the fog light strengthens and fades during tight cornering, increasing visibility and highlighting hazards and obstacles in the road.

Rain function – headlight modules rotate down and light beam shortens to limit the glare from the road; activated by windscreen wipers (after two minutes) at speeds between 0 - 43 mph.

Tourist function – using the maxi-dot computer, driver can switch between right hand drive and light hand drive headlamp angle when abroad.

You sure about all of that? I've never seen any of that in regards to the Yeti's lights.  Is that perhaps FL only or is for all Bi-Xenon Yetis? I think all these things are too subtle to really notice so mine MIGHT do this but apart from the turning (which you do notice) the rest could be a feature or not.

Where did you find that information?

The bi-xenons on my new FL certainly  do some things differently to my previous Yeti xenons.

It's especially noticeable at moderate speeds when cornering.

The light spread covers the whole of the road instead of just turning around the corner.

The bi-xenons on my new FL certainly  do some things differently to my previous Yeti xenons.

It's especially noticeable at moderate speeds when cornering.

The light spread covers the whole of the road instead of just turning around the corner.

OK so it sounds as if most of that is an FL upgrade then and was not part of the pre-FL Xenons.

It is detailed on Page 50 of the user manual

OK both those replies refer to the FL then as there is no mention of AFS in any of the pre FL manuals or brochures.  

Pre FL the Yeti was left behind whilst other models got AFS. Good that it has it now - more things to marvel at!

Interesting to see that Oct III Bi-Xenons are causing some issues with failure lights illuminating - just as we had with the very first Yetis. Yet now the Yeti is okay and the Octy isn't. 

Pre FL the Yeti was left behind whilst other models got AFS. Good that it has it now - more things to marvel at!

Interesting to see that Oct III Bi-Xenons are causing some issues with failure lights illuminating - just as we had with the very first Yetis. Yet now the Yeti is okay and the Octy isn't. 

Never ever buy a car in the first year of manufacture...  The Octy's being built now should be fine but I'd never touch any car in that bedding in period.

• Like 2

My Elegance DSG gave me a proper ticking off the other day when I stopped to move a trolley out of the way at the garden centre. I had applied the handbrake and put the gearbox into Neutral but when I opened the driver's door (engine running) I got a very excited 'ping, ping, ping' and a message on the maxi-dot telling me to put the car into Park. I never got this sort of behaviour from my previous three Octavias; I think this Yeti has evolved into a health and safety inspector!

• Like 1

My Elegance DSG gave me a proper ticking off the other day when I stopped to move a trolley out of the way at the garden centre. I had applied the handbrake and put the gearbox into Neutral but when I opened the driver's door (engine running) I got a very excited 'ping, ping, ping' and a message on the maxi-dot telling me to put the car into Park. I never got this sort of behaviour from my previous three Octavias; I think this Yeti has evolved into a health and safety inspector!

You're lucky it allowed you back in! I've been convinced for a long time that my Yeti(s) have been smarter than me, and only allow me to drive under sufferance. :giggle:

Fred

When the wipers are on intermittent and you decrease the wipe frequency they wait till the next timed sweep.

When you increase the frequency they wipe immediately.

Simply clever :)

When the front screen wipers are on either full or intermittent and you put the gearbox in reverse does the rear wiper come on.

Edited by DonjSZ5

When the front screen wipers are on either full or intermittent and you put the gearbox in reverse does the rear wiper come on.

Yes it does a single wipe if you have auto wipe, not sure on the lower spec models with timed intermittent wipe

Yes it does a single wipe if you have auto wipe, not sure on the lower spec models with timed intermittent wipe

Yes it does a single wipe even if if you don't have auto wipe (SE Spec)  :clap:  I think it is common across all variants............

• Like 2

Yes it does a single wipe even if if you don't have auto wipe (SE Spec)  :clap:  I think it is common across all variants............

And it does a single wipe, apparently at random, even when it's not raining. What's that all about?

Hmm...  Not with Annie (spec below).  Tried specially, this morning. 

Hmm...  Not with Annie (spec below).  Tried specially, this morning.

I only happens if the front wipers are on, intermittent or constant, before you select reverse.

It doesn't seem to work the other way round.

• Like 1