I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

And I've found another trick with the wipers...

If you pull the bonnet catch, they stop working until the bonnet is fully closed again.

I suppose to prevent the risk of them getting jammed on the bonnet when fully open.

Clever Yeti :)

• Like 1

On the subject of wipers:

1. With the engine off but ignition on, one prod downwards on the wiper stalk will have them park vertically. On pre-FL Yetis, you need to park them in this 'winter/servicing' setting to lift them away from the screen. Next prod down on the wiper stalk will have them park normally at the base of the screen.

2. Some kind soul pointed out before this thread started that with FL Yetis there has been a slight adjustment which means the wipers can be lifted clear of the screen without utilising the 'winter/servicing' position (which still works).

• Like 1

Yep, switch ignition on and off again, press wiper stalk down within 10 secs and the wipers will move into the service position.

To allow you to move the wipers off the screen, so they don't freeze to it during colder weather.

Also to allow you to put a cover onto the screen, underneath the wipers if you wish.

• Like 1

Why do they call it the "winter/service" position - how does it help in winter ? 

Because in snow you are supposed to park like this:

s-PARK-N-FLY-APOLOGY-PEARSON-AIRPORT-lar

car-winterizing-tips-3.jpg

Falls-Creek-Cars-Snow-420x0.jpg

• Like 3

Ah, good spot. Indeed to park in 'winter/servicing' position: ignition on, ignition off, flick wiper stalk down.

Good spot - glad you're paying attention at the back... :blush:

Johann - were those your pictures or did you just Google 'winter parked windscreen wipers'....?!

Ah, good spot. Indeed to park in 'winter/servicing' position: ignition on, ignition off, flick wiper stalk down.

Good spot - glad you're paying attention at the back... :blush:

Johann - were those your pictures or did you just Google 'winter parked windscreen wipers'....?!

Jerry Google is my friend.   :giggle:

• Like 2

Hi kenfowler3966, re post #23, hope this does not sound rude but 112.6kph = 70mph & 80.46kph = 50mph.

Couple of bits I have not seen in the manual, (ok, so I'm too lazy to read it)

With a DSG gear box, the ignition key won't come out unless gearstick in 'P'

With indicator stick up or down, turn off engine and open door, car pings. To let you know one side has side/parking lights on.

Hi kenfowler3966, re post #23, hope this does not sound rude but 112.6kph = 70mph & 80.46kph = 50mph.

With indicator stick up or down, turn off engine and open door, car pings. To let you know one side has side/parking lights on.

That will be why there are markings at 112.6 and 80.46 kph then! I'm afraid I'm not impressed by Napoleon's revenge for losing.

• Like 1

Ahhh for 2014 technology. my 1997 Audi auto does that.

Windows have to be closed for the mirrors to fold from remote operation though, according to the manual anyway :)

And if you have a sunroof the sunblind will also start to close for as long as you hold the Lock button whilst waiting for the mirrors to fold. And over a few days it will creep further and further forward every time you do it (since it stops moving the moment you release the button).

• Like 1

Most of these nuggets I have know about. However, whilst having a towbar fitted today (and that's a whole other story!) I noticed something I didn't know about (or had read and forgotten).

There are little receptacles for the rear seatbelt clasps to hold them out of the way.

post-76950-0-80313200-1400591098_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well I never said it wasn't. However at my speedo readings the car is doing exactly the speed limit. Difference is the speedo error, which if I recall without going through the posts again I said may may vary from car to car.

so on mine 119kph + exactly 70mph, and 86kmp + exactly 50mph. It is much easier to set an exact speed for the cruise control using the digital kph display than the analogue speedo needle.

Sorry to kenfowler3966, for any upset I may have caused. I did not mean to.

One day I might learn to re-read or think first what I put down, kind of engage brain first.

• Like 1

I found out somethings else (from the Octy III forum) which others may well know already:

1. If you press the steering wheel volume thumb wheel, it mutes the music - another press brings it back.

2. If you press said thumb wheel whilst the satnav is talking, it mutes that satnav message only.

PS It works on the (FL) Yeti with a Columbus at least - tried it today.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that this has been a facility all along. It certainly was on my pre FL SE with the Bolero radio and my current FL SE.

I didn't know that it worked with other radios though.

Fred

• Like 1