I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

What I discovered it doesn't do in the facelift version is tell you in the instrument display when the dipped headlamps are on--I can't understand that decision.

Gave me a bit of a turn on the first hour of ownership on the motorway , in a rainstorm--I convinced myself the headlights weren't working :sweat: , until I got near enough to a wagon in front and caught the reflection. Even at that point I thought the indicator lamp must have blown.

I have scoured the manual but it just skims over it.

• Like 1

Mine stay on when shift from reverse to forward until manually cancelled or, I suspect, vehicle exceeds a certain speed

Eh? That doesn't make sense!

I'm overlooking the obvious here, how do you manually cancel them?

Quite.

Unless Pehar isn't talking about the factory fitted rear sensors, and something completely different.

^ ^ ^ later originals didn't have the feature either, eg my adventure, standardisation across the skoda range apparently, having contacted mk re the situation, bit of a pi**er in my view!

I'm overlooking the obvious here, how do you manually cancel them?

Easy. You press the parking sensor button. So if you reversed up to something and the beepers are beeping you press the button and it goes quiet AND all the sensors switch off.

Just be careful. I once got in my car in total darkness in Somerset. Selected reverse and realised I had to set sat nav first. I was close to a wall at the nose and had car on to heat up (it was winter) and pressed the button to silence the system. Set up sat nav and reversed having forgotten I had switched system off and wham I grazed a wall!!! Grrr. Tiny scratch thankfully. But I'm so used to it now that reversing and not hearing anything I just assumed all was ok. Oops.

• Like 1

As Johann said above. On new vehicles it depends if you have 4,8,12 sensors. 4 cancel when deselecting reverse. 8,12 cancel at speed 15 kph or when press "p" button or silenced via info display. Page 148 of current handbook also gives approx ranges of sensors in different zones around the car :)

As Johann said above. On new vehicles it depends if you have 4,8,12 sensors. 4 cancel when deselecting reverse. 8,12 cancel at speed 15 kph or when press "p" button or silenced via info display. Page 148 of current handbook also gives approx ranges of sensors in different zones around the car :)

You forgot Yetis like mine with 10 sensors. :)

(But as you described the ones with 10 work the same as the ones with 8 or 12)

I've had front and rear parking sensors on all three TIBETs.

TIBET I and II were Elegance spec and I think came with rear (?) parking sensors as standard so the fronts were the added option. TIBET III is an L&K so has park assist as standard. All three have had a button to cancel the sensors when required.

On the subject of the AWOL 'headlights' on warning light - that has been mentioned before and is the one thing that annoys me with TIBET III (it was there and working on pre-FL). Perhaps it's a VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda thing, perhaps it's an EU directive....

Now you have to check the lights by the headlamp switch and if the switch is set to ' AUTO' both the AUTO symbol and side light symbol illuminate when the lights are on.

• Like 3

Easy. You press the parking sensor button. So if you reversed up to something and the beepers are beeping you press the button and it goes quiet AND all the sensors switch off.

Just be careful. I once got in my car in total darkness in Somerset. Selected reverse and realised I had to set sat nav first. I was close to a wall at the nose and had car on to heat up (it was winter) and pressed the button to silence the system. Set up sat nav and reversed having forgotten I had switched system off and wham I grazed a wall!!! Grrr. Tiny scratch thankfully. But I'm so used to it now that reversing and not hearing anything I just assumed all was ok. Oops.

Must be an Elegance thing. My deprived SE doesn't have a parking sensor button, neither does it have an ejector seat button. :giggle: 

Fred

IIRC only front-sensor-equipped cars have a cancel button. Presumably these also keep sensors online in first and reverse (at low speed). On mine (rear only) as soon as you shift out of reverse they cancel.

• Like 1

IIRC only front-sensor-equipped cars have a cancel button. Presumably these also keep sensors online in first and reverse (at low speed). On mine (rear only) as soon as you shift out of reverse they cancel.

Agreed !

I thought Pehar explained it very nicely above. Cars with just four sensors only have the system cancelled when reverse is deselected and on cars with 8, 10 or 12 sensors (front and rear with no park assist = 8, pre FL with park assist = 10, FL with park assist = 12) there is a button. And the sensors stay on when you move forward too (obviously since you have front sensors!). So it would be daft if it switched off when you deselected reverse!!! So it's cancelled by driving over a set speed or by pressing the button.

So it was my mistake to have assumed all Yetis with sensors have a button inside. :)

• Like 1

This may have been covered elsewhere but I've only just discovered it after 18 months of ownership. On the standard Bolero radio when tuned to Jack FM (106 on the dial and, as they say, 106 times better than Radio 1) pressing "Extras" then "Radio Text" gives the name of the track and the artist - very handy sometimes for saving several miles of "who is this - I know it, it's on the tip of my tongue.....". This is the only FM station I've found where this happens. I'm on the South Coast (Portsmouth/Southampton) so it might not apply elsewhere in the country. 

This may have been covered elsewhere but I've only just discovered it after 18 months of ownership. On the standard Bolero radio when tuned to Jack FM (106 on the dial and, as they say, 106 times better than Radio 1) pressing "Extras" then "Radio Text" gives the name of the track and the artist - very handy sometimes for saving several miles of "who is this - I know it, it's on the tip of my tongue.....". This is the only FM station I've found where this happens. I'm on the South Coast (Portsmouth/Southampton) so it might not apply elsewhere in the country. 

Yes I knew this from day one and it is a PAIN that the thing doesn't remember this setting.  You have to do it EVERY time to see what is playing.  Daft.  And all radio stations (in London) do it - including Radio 1.

The Amundsen radio remembers the track and artist setting. :clap:

Also the options with the parking sensors (8 on mine) you can have the car graphic with or without bleeps. or just the bleeps when setting up the satnav. 

Edited by RickT

• 8 months later...

I noticed another thing

1) if you are in cruise control on a gravel or loose road and traction control is invoked, 

CC will turn off ( probably to avoid it overcooking the next patch of loose ground)

schmart!

Charming!

I am sure that there are lots countries that do not have "metaled" roads where the use of cruise control is perfectly acceptable and useful. Perhaps one of our Australian members could confirm that they use it? I could certainly have used it on some of the back roads we used in Canada.

I have used CC driving on red dirt roads down under.

Helps to maintain the most comfortable speed over the ripples of those that haven't been graded recently.

I don't care what country he is in!

Cruise isnt just for fast speeds on motorways, it can be invoked at about 20mph.... which in gravel roads in Chille may be ideal...