Damo's Superb : Project Ginormica (aka Susan)

Damo

Alan told me about your result with Keith's
A very satisfying outcome and proves that they care about customers
I spoke to Angus last year and found him to be a genuine guy
I also hope your experience traverses all Skoda Dealerships
It should do
Pictures of the new seat cover when it comes please Damian

• Like 1

Pictures of the new seat cover when it comes please Damian

Will do Chris, and hopefully it will be a good colour match.

Will also post up pics of Susan, now she is sporting Audrey's old winter wheels and tyres. 

Yes.. I read that

Is it not a tad early?

I always said that November would be the time for me to put them on, even though its unseasonably warm atm

I did hear that next week could see temps plummet and the gritters could be out

Don't want to expose my alloys to the salt thats all, so gone for an early change

• Like 1

Here she is in winter mode.

20141102_150952_zps74de98d0.jpg

Got a bit of stick on Facebook Briskoda, about running them but I am fine about it...

Its actually nice to not worry about parking against kerbs etc. anymore :D

It has made me think about getting some black alloys though, as I didn't think black with black would look as good 

• Like 3

Got the phone call from the Dealer Principal today, he was apologetic and promises they will sort it (whatever that means)

They will be contacting me shortly to get it booked in, which means another 60 mile round trip through no fault of my own.

That will be 4 times I've had to go back for their errors.

Anyway, will see how they sort it and report back as and when

Cheers all

It looks like they put the radio on the seat while swapping it over... it's a real shame and winds me up. I remember my Fabia elegance had a perfect gear stick with no marks until the mechanic rested the stereo on it while taking it out... scuffed it right up :( 

• Like 1

Here she is in winter mode.

20141102_150952_zps74de98d0.jpg

Got a bit of stick on Facebook Briskoda, about running them but I am fine about it...

Its actually nice to not worry about parking against kerbs etc. anymore :D

It has made me think about getting some black alloys though, as I didn't think black with black would look as good 

Have them on the wife's DS3 as well

Function over style!

Mine are Audi alloys..in black too

Cars now in at DM Keith's for the new seat leather and the columbus aerial doing.

Another 60 miles, and an hour and a half's money lost from finishing work early :(

Wasn't able to claim my fuel refund as the dealer principal wasn't there, and when I got in the courtesy car, the bloody fuel light was on.... Grrrrr!!!! 

On the plus side, the courtesy car is a beauty this time. 64 plate Yeti 170CR 4x4 Monte Carlo. White with black alloys/roof and trims.

Interior is still a bit bland IMO (although it is better than the previous Yeti I borrowed)  and has a sprinkling of carbon fibre trim and similar sporty looking seats to my old Citigo.

Not sure what spec the Monte Carlo is, but it has Xenons, Parking sensors, handsfree voice activated phone.

Nice to drive, not quite Superb-like but its definitely a car that could grow on me... Probably more so in L&K trim. 

Anyway, fingers crossed that all goes well this time, and the only time I have to take it back there, are for the Pre-paid services I have bought.

• Like 1

Cars now in at DM Keith's for the new seat leather and the columbus aerial doing.

Another 60 miles, and an hour and a half's money lost from finishing work early :(

Wasn't able to claim my fuel refund as the dealer principal wasn't there, and when I got in the courtesy car, the bloody fuel light was on.... Grrrrr!!!!

On the plus side, the courtesy car is a beauty this time. 64 plate Yeti 170CR 4x4 Monte Carlo. White with black alloys/roof and trims.

Interior is still a bit bland IMO (although it is better than the previous Yeti I borrowed) and has a sprinkling of carbon fibre trim and similar sporty looking seats to my old Citigo.

Not sure what spec the Monte Carlo is, but it has Xenons, Parking sensors, handsfree voice activated phone.

Nice to drive, not quite Superb-like but its definitely a car that could grow on me... Probably more so in L&K trim.

Anyway, fingers crossed that all goes well this time, and the only time I have to take it back there, are for the Pre-paid services I have bought.

Make sure you return it with the red light on too, even if it means driving up and down the motorway a few times.
  • Like 1

Make sure you return it with the red light on too, even if it means driving up and down the motorway a few times.

:D

Might just sit with it revving outside their showroom for an hour :D

• Like 1

The monte comes standard with afs2 and rear led lamps etc... It's a really good base spec plus the extras... not that I have been looking... [emoji4] honest!

Yeah right Leon, we believe you :D

Im not a huge fan of the flat bottom steering wheel though...

It feels a bit weird when your going from one lock to the other.

The DSG box is fine, although my kn0b is a lot nicer to hold :D

• Like 3